aftermarket part needed for DRIVER Viper

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This post might draw some heat, but I drive my car lots of miles on long trips and I need a cruise control because of right leg fatigue. So cut me some slack for a 63 year old recovering from a bad wreck, which was not my fault.

Can anyone tell me of a supplier for the fly-by-wire acclerator system in my new '08 Viper? Snakoyl says they're working on it, (but do not have it yet), and my old one from the recently wrecked '05 won't work because it was a cable-operated system. The cruise system was undamaged, and I suspect that someone should be able to adapt a system from the Japanese cars with wire accelerator and cruise controls.

So someone should have one which would work on our '08's for the feeble and infirm :). Well, not feeble, but in need of a little right leg HELP!!! Thanks, everyone.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You dont have to apologize for needing to put Cruise on YOUR viper. Let all the grouches mind their own business.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a GI myself that is approaching 36 years in the Air Force, I too installed a Snake Oyl cruise in my '04, cause I have a nagging leg injury that reaches back to the South East Asia days.

I took alot of hell from folks when I installed it. But it was the best thing I ever did.
When I remove the wireless transmitter from the windshield header, no one knows that I even have cruise.

Go getum tiger. I hope Cory comes up with a kit soon.....

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You dont have to apologize for needing to put Cruise on YOUR viper. Let all the grouches mind their own business.

No one would crucify him for putting it on HIS Viper. But asking to litter EVERY Viper with one is stupid, even if it's just an option that would waste SRT resource.

Let's hope the aftermarketers step up and offer a good solution. The 08's are new, so be patient.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post might draw some heat, but I drive my car lots of miles on long trips and I need a cruise control because I treat the gas pedal like an on/off switch!

There... i corrected it for you in italics. ;)

I suspect that one will be out soon. Or a gen3 set-up for cruise control might work on the 08... not sure. want to be the first to test it?

JD

OP
OP
F

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
JD, I have the Snakeoyl cruise I took off the red '05, but it won't work because of the drive by wire, cableless accelerator pedal. I've written Snakeoyl, but no reply yet--holidays and all. R