Agreed value policy and track events?

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you handle going to an autocross, VOI, or any other track event with an Agreed Value insurance policy that states "coverage does not apply to on track events"?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is someone on the boards here that sells track day insurance. I believe acrsteve? Double check with MOPARBOY.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Steve and OnTrackInsurance is what I use for track day events.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What sapphirebob says. Most policies, even the ones that had previously honored damage done at "DE" events (because they were arguably driver's education) have changed the wording on those policies. Most now state that damage occurring at a place "where timed events can be held" is not covered. I've always wondered what would happen if you went to an AutoX track and were not a participant, just watching, and a delivery truck backed into you....hmmmm

Anyway, trackday insurance is available and unless you do 20 events per year, isn't a huge bit out of the wallet.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this is my first full summer with the car and plan on doing some track events as well as the VOI12. Here's an interesting article I found about track day insurance.

http://classiccars.com/Articles/SCM_trackdayins.aspx

I would be interested to know of any track day policy that covers liability. That article is pretty old (the Viper incident happened many years ago, if it is the one that has been posted on these forums.) I've looked at ontrackinsurance.com, and they specifically exclude liability. That is what most concerns me.

I have no issue "self-insuring" a loss to my car; but, if someone else is unfortunately involved in the incident, then the legal costs can get unreal even if I am not "at fault," or waivers were signed. However, it is an extremely rare thing to have two cars involved in an incident in the kind of HPDE group I have driven in.

The incident described also has negatively affected my desire to have in-car instruction. I have had the instructor "push" me farther than I am comfortable with, and these instructors that you get at HPDE events are usually only experienced racers, and not professional teachers who might be better able to read their students' abilities.

Last edited:

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told by Haggerty that as soon as the car enters the paddock area I am NOT covered. regardless of the situation.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we live in a country that forces ridiculous and worthless "safety" features like backup cameras, tire pressure sensors, that stupid "****" sound for not fastening seatbelts, but when it comes to learning how to drive insurance companies won't cover which in turn, discourages folks from learning. What a brilliant society we live in. I have no doubt more lives would be saved by people learning how to drive than by mandating backup cameras and TPS.

Souldn't it fall under Obamacare?

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we live in a country that forces ridiculous and worthless "safety" features like backup cameras, tire pressure sensors, that stupid "****" sound for not fastening seatbelts, but when it comes to learning how to drive insurance companies won't cover which in turn, discourages folks from learning. What a brilliant society we live in. I have no doubt more lives would be saved by people learning how to drive than by mandating backup cameras and TPS.

Souldn't it fall under Obamacare?

It does. Check out page 2,756 of the bill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi