airbag light

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have an issue with the passanger airbag light. All of a sudden on my 09 vert, the light came on when someone is in the passenger side. No obstruction underneath. If she wiggles in the seat the light goes of then on. It goes off when noone is in the seat.

Any suggestions before I take it into a dealer so the can screw it up?

Thanks.

Also looking for a 69 z 28 all original if anyione knows of one. Blue w/ white stripes 302.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
IF you decide to "mess with" this system...including unplugging/re-plugging plugs...please head the info below from service Manual:

[h=2]"AIRBAG SYSTEM[/h]
1.With the battery negative cable disconnected, connect the scan tool to the Data Link Connector.

2.Turn the ignition key to the ON position. Exit vehicle with the scan tool.

3.After checking that no one is inside the vehicle, connect the battery negative cable.

4.Read and record the ACTIVE Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) data.

5.Read and record any STORED DTC's.

6.Refer to the proper Body Diagnostic Procedures manual if any DTC's are found in Step #4 and Step #5 .

7.If the airbag warning lamp either fails to light, or
goes ON and stays ON, there is a system malfunction. To test the airbag warning
lamp (bulb) operation in the cluster, refer to Electrical, Instrument Cluster,
Diagnosis and Testing - Instrument Cluster. Refer to the proper Body Diagnostic
Procedures manual for any other system
problems.

WARNING: Wait two minutes for the system reserve capacitor
to discharge before servicing any airbag components. Failure to do this may
result in serious or fatal injury."

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine has done this since I bought it used...I knew about it. It's not the connectors with mine, it's the clockspring. I live with it, as it is pricey to fix, and apparently doesn't affect airbag operation (or so I'm told).

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The light on my 2009 is also on. I have checked the connectors - so that would not appear to be the issue. Since you mention the fact that it comes on/off if your wife wiggles in the seat, it would seem to point to the actual ribbon cable looking thing that sits between the seat leather and the seat foam that is supposed to detect the weight of the person sitting in the passenger seat. Does someone have a parts manual for the Gen 4 to show whether you can replace this piece?

I also have an issue with one of the seat belt latches that can only be fixed by replacing the female portion of the seat belt buckle. If you held the buckle in, the chime would turn off, but with any pressure on the buckle, the chime would sound.

Anyone have an issue with the passanger airbag light. All of a sudden on my 09 vert, the light came on when someone is in the passenger side. No obstruction underneath. If she wiggles in the seat the light goes of then on. It goes off when noone is in the seat.

Any suggestions before I take it into a dealer so the can screw it up?

Thanks.

Also looking for a 69 z 28 all original if anyione knows of one. Blue w/ white stripes 302.

Reaction score
For the part numbers above, left (driver's side) is under $20 and right is around $27. Both show for 2008 models only and are in stock at Mopar.