Alarm and central locking problem

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought my first Viper and I got one problem that I want to fix asap.

My alarm doesn't work at all on the car (1999 GTS)

Also the horn is not working, so need to get that fixed to.

I've got 3 keyfobs and none of them response, I can't lock the doors and that's my biggest concern.

Already read the forums on how to reset the alarm, but in most cases the central locking was still working. Where do I start my search in the car?

All the fuses are OK, but don't know where to find the alarm module or a so called switch in the glovebox (don't even have a glovebox at all)

Hope someone can put me in the right direction. :D

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The EEM (electronic entry module) is above the accelerator & left of your radio held in by a bungy type strap. The "switch" is in the top of your "between the seats" console compartment.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd suggest replacing the batteries in all the FOBs and then ground the #1 OBD green wire to reset all FOBs. If that doesn't work then check Alarm module

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
will do so. Allready got all the batteries out of the fobs.

Do I understand correctly when I say:

Turn ignition on
Ground the green wire
press the 2 buttons on keyfob I
press the 2 buttons on keyfob II
Then remove the green wire

Do I stand correctly or do I miss something?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re-read the instruction thread because there are beeps.

Ted

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I wrote those instructions, but after re-reading it I'd suggest leaving the green wire grounded throughout the process.

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone have the correct instructions for me. As for now I am not a paying VCA member so cannot see some of the hotlinks in some threads.

Maybe someone is able to forward me the correct sequence? Though private message is also fine by me

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone have the correct instructions for me. As for now I am not a paying VCA member so cannot see some of the hotlinks in some threads.

Maybe someone is able to forward me the correct sequence? Though private message is also fine by me

Have you thought about joining the club? Membership does have its privilages.

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you thought about joining the club? Membership does have its privilages.

Def. thought of it, but being abroad I only have some privilages to see everything on the forum, I dont benifit from USA organised deals, so still considering. I also bought my car a little above my budget, so need to take it easy for now.

Next year will be a diffrent ballgame.

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that tomorrow I will try to reset my alarm. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

I need to take off the knee upholstery on the transmission side of the car (drivers side)

There I can fnd the alarm and then I need to locate the green wire. Do I need to split the wire and then ground it, or kan I unplug the wire somewhere nearby and then ground it.

The manual doesn't say how to connect the green wire.

Will let you know how it turn out.....

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In an earlier thread I was told that the green wire on my 2001 is #1 terminal of the OBDII plug.

The OBD plug is on the left side of the driver's footwell.

Ted

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys!

Central locking works again, needed to find the green wire, but being born in 1999 I had to find the obdII plug.

Piece of cake in the end.

Now need to fix the horn, can I get to it by removing the left front wheel and then remove the liner? OR do I really need to take of the facia?