Alarm Issue

goldfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I did several site searches for this issue, but can't seem to narrow down the results enough. 2001 GTS. The car starts/runs great. When I shut either door, the hood, or the rear latch the horn chirps once. (Car has stock alarm system). Locking or unlocking via the fob results in a single chirp. The alarm never sets, but the doors do lock and unlock. I can press down the front sensor under hood and the horn chirps once, but still doesn't set the alarm when lock button pressed on fob (and the ML Indicator never starts flashing). I had alarm system problems about a year ago and the rear latch was the cause. This was fixed under warranty and I've had no problems until today. Is this something basic like battery? As mentioned above, the car starts fine.
Thanks for any hints.
Mike

OP
OP
G

goldfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just rechecked and the problem was still there. I tried to reset alarm from inside the console. That didn't work. Then I turned the key three times slowly (just shy of starting the car), opened and closed the door and horn didn't chirp. Alarm is now working perfectly. I'm not sure why that worked or what was going on, but somewhere in some post awhile back someone mentioned turning the key like that a few times for some issue and it this case it worked. Interesting....