Alarm on silent?

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have searched posts, but I cannot seem to find an answer.

When I set my alarm, and it is activated, The headlights flash, but there is no noise. Is there a setting that will make it an audible alarm?

Zach

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On all 2000+ Chrysler UK vehicles there is no audible bleep when setting/deactivating the alarm, I was told by my dealer they removed this function at the factory as the bleeping created 'noise pollution'.

I tried turning it back on, a trip to the dealer to plug into the DRB port but they couldn't overide the factory settings. It did show (something like alarm bleep on/off)on the OBD2 screen but every time the tech tried to save the changes it went back to the original settings, he gave up after 6 attempts

US spec cars may be different a trip to your dealer, I'm afraid.

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working my a$$ off here....

BUT, I am back :)

good to hear from you Barry...are you guy's still doing the cruises on Sat Morn?

Zach

BANKTHIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, Saturday mornings at Crystal Cove. Always at least 5 or 6 Vipers. I won't be there the next two weeks, I'll be out of town.

Barry

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had something similar. My close limit switch on the the hatch gas shock was not adjusted correctly. I would arm the car and it would beep one time, I would not get the second recognition beep.