Alarm question

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No such thing as a stupid question. Yes they do come with alarms. They really stinks but hey it still has one. I jsut had a Viper Alarm system installed in mine. It is pretty neat and beats the heck out of the stock one. I even get a remote telling me what is going on with my car when I am not near it. It has a picture of a car and shows you if anything is going on with your car. It helps a lot.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had purchased the system from a friend of mine that is in the aftermarket business for cars. Their company name is Dynamic Productions. You can get the system from just about any good aftermarket car shop. Just be careful where you take your car. Some places are VERY shady.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F355 - what are the shortcomings of the stock alarm? I've only ever had cars with the factory alarm and the Viper's seems no better or worse than the others.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear MoparMan:

The stock alarm on the Viper stinks compared to aftermarket car alarms or even some stock alarms in other cars. The main problem is that the alarm does not go off unless something is opened in the car. It really serves no real purpose since things can be taken right out of the car and the alarm will not go off.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear MoparMan:

The stock alarm on the Viper stinks compared to aftermarket car alarms or even some stock alarms in other cars. The main problem is that the alarm does not go off unless something is opened in the car. It really serves no real purpose since things can be taken right out of the car and the alarm will not go off.

I guess if you have a GTS then the alarm is probably a little better. Mine seems to get a little over excited - every now and then when disarming the alarm the car will honk three times as if it's been messed with when in fact it's sat in a locked garage with no chance of anyone getting near it.

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear MoparMan:

I guess if you have a GTS then the alarm is probably a little better. Mine seems to get a little over excited - every now and then when disarming the alarm the car will honk three times as if it's been messed with when in fact it's sat in a locked garage with no chance of anyone getting near it.

I hate my alarm with a passion. It goes off for no reason whatsoever. It really stinks. I cannot leave it unattended for 5 minutes and the alarm goes off. I now have to remove the 15 amp fuse (horn) when I go out so that I don't raise he$$ every 5 minutes.