Almost there DC. Just a couple small request for 08

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. You can save another 1.3 lbs by removing those pesky tire sensors. Viper owners are required by law to be trained in the use of tire pressure gauges.

2. Another .01 oz. can be saved by eliminating the cupholder thereby using less material.

3. 3-way, ride-height adjustable Penskes.

Ok, the first two are kinda serious, the last one is dead serious.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. You can save another 1.3 lbs by removing those pesky tire sensors. Viper owners are required by law to be trained in the use of tire pressure gauges.

2. Another .01 oz. can be saved by eliminating the cupholder thereby using less material.

Chuck I think you'll have to come to terms with the fact your future Viper will have cupholders... :laugh:

It could be worse, they could have installed Navagation! :eek:

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck I think you'll have to come to terms with the fact your future Viper will have cupholders... :laugh:

Thanks a lot. You just ruined my three day weekend.

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chuck,
At least you don't have to worry about paddle shifters! Sorry I couldn't resist that one. Paddle shifters or not, I'm still going to get one!

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

maybe if they did install navigation Chuck would have faster lap times!!! J/K chuck :D

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

maybe if they did install navigation Chuck would have faster lap times!!! J/K chuck :D

hahaha :D

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Sensitive.

No cupholders in Vipers. It is an ashtray, or maybe cell phone / coin holder.

Don't believe variable ride hight would get past Feds as they have minimun ground clearance for cars.

Low tire pressure sensors are soon to be manditory for all US vehicles.

Bet Team Viper feels the same way as you and I. They could make a much more kick butt car if they did not have to follow all the Federal Mandates.

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They could make a much more kick butt car if they did not have to follow all the Federal Mandates.

So true. If I were ever elected President there are two things I would do.

1. Ease up on restrictions for limited production vehicles.
2. Carpet bomb the middle east.

Not sure which I would pursue first.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All vehicles are limited production, they only make so many a year and thats it. It just depends on your criteria production numbers or production time

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok how about some lighter panels, maybe Carbon fiber elements? lighter seats? lighter windshield? that's how GM shaved lbs off of the C6 Z06

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont forget two piece rotors.

I'd love to see DCX do an RS version similar to the Porsches remove insulation, CF shell seats, radio and A/C deltete option, removable or no carpets including trunk, possibly no fog lights, lighter panels(as mentioned above) and whatever else they could think of. Pretty sure they could get at least a couple of hundred pounds off a stock SRT. I'm guessing there are at least a few of us crazy enough to buy one!!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Please, PLEASE DCX put in a REAL rollbar STOCK, in a "race car for the street" why should those that do track days or Viper Days have to modify to put in a rollbar or buy a hardtop. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

(you dont even have to call it a rollbar if you dont want to)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang