Am I delusional?

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm back in the market for a Viper after a year of being Viperless due to a layoff (I had a black 04) and would love to get my hands on an 08 coupe. Problem is, my price range right now is low-mid 60's. I'm finding plenty of low mileage convertibles for that price, but the only two coupes I've found are a blue one with black stripes that was used for the SRT experience, listed for 65k, and a SSG coupe for 65k. I'm not a fan of SSG, and while I love the color combo of the SRT experience car, I'm very hesitant about paying that much for a car that's been abused like that.

So, the question is: how likely is it I'll find a black/blue/venom red couple for what I'm looking to pay?

Appreciate any feedback I can get.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom red should be a pretty easy find since it wasnt that popular. Also you want to get the car now. Once they are done producing them and it is announced the price of these cars is going to go up. Why wait and pay more???

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a reminder but Vipers are ment to be driven hard! I track mine every chance I can (05) and the car loves it and me too! Short of it being in an accident I wouldn't think twice about it anymore. Just my .02:dunno:

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude-if you are talking about a few thousand dollar difference to get what you want just do it--geez---that ssg is a steal!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the color you want. I can't imagine buying a color I don't like because the price was good. And on the track car, I don't disagree that the Viper is a structurally sturdy car. But if you don't plan on tracking it yourself, I would personally never start with a car that has been tracked. Kinda like dating a girl that's been with too many guys. :crazy2:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the color you want. I can't imagine buying a color I don't like because the price was good. And on the track car, I don't disagree that the Viper is a structurally sturdy car. But if you don't plan on tracking it yourself, I would personally never start with a car that has been tracked. Kinda like dating a girl that's been with too many guys. :crazy2:

+1 :D

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Dave, you're killin' me man!!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

OP
OP
I

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol, Dave, that's a very interesting way of putting it.

I'm normally a very patient person, but I started getting antsy when I heard Dodge was shutting down Conner. I'd really like just a plain black or gts blue coupe, but I'm not finding any at the moment. So you guys don't think I can find a used black coupe for mid 60's then? It'll be about two months before I can afford to get something in the high 60's, and I'm kind of worried it won't be a buyer's market then

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only person saying the economy is on an uptick is the guy trying to cover his ass right now for spending a couple trillion of our dollars saving the people that screwed the economy to begin with. I think in 2 months things will still be the same. The Spring rush car buying season is over, soon to be follow by the whyTF did I spend this $$$ let's sell it season.

joedud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Port Orange, FL (just below Daytona Beach)
venom red is easy to find, no one likes that color.

Everyone I have met or spoken to with a Venom Red Viper loves the color. I was skeptical too until I saw it in person. It photographs very dark, but is a completely different color in high light. You will find more of them available primarily because there were more of them made in '08 than any other color, and certainly some folks just don't like it. Color is really subjective and I agree that you should buy what you want, but I wouldn't ignore Venom Red until you've seen it. And I would be very careful buying a used Viper, period, without real due diligence.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an 08 venom red coupe at Towbin Dodge in las vegas that they have been trying to move since just after I got mine there in Jan 08, so over a year. It just may be in your price range. The manager has been sending me emails about the car every couple weeks but I don't need another 08 coupe. Its new but at a used price.

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is amazing how some people on here decide to ignore the facts when making comments on Venom Red. Look up the stats. IT WAS THE MOST ORDERED COLOR. Think maybe that might explain why there are more VR Vipers to buy? If I recall correctly, Viper's are ORDERED in the color of choice by the buyer, or by the dealer for stock. That means they PICKED VR in more numbers than any other color. What did they do, pick a color they did not like? Or said "hey let me get it in a bad color?" The reason you find them in showrooms is because dealers favored the color way more than the other colors (just PM "Bill" on here, a respected salesman). Yes I own a VR Coupe. EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO SEES IT LOVES THE COLOR, ITS ONE OF THEIR FIRST COMMENTS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is an 08 venom red coupe at Towbin Dodge in las vegas that they have been trying to move since just after I got mine there in Jan 08, so over a year. It just may be in your price range. The manager has been sending me emails about the car every couple weeks but I don't need another 08 coupe. Its new but at a used price.

Just got off the phone with them, asked about this car: guy said they wanted 80k for it, so that one is out.

And I agree, I think the venom red is a great color.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you talked to the wrong guy they must have assumed your were a chump just asking about the car. pm me .

joedud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Port Orange, FL (just below Daytona Beach)
It is amazing how some people on here decide to ignore the facts when making comments on Venom Red. Look up the stats. IT WAS THE MOST ORDERED COLOR. Think maybe that might explain why there are more VR Vipers to buy? If I recall correctly, Viper's are ORDERED in the color of choice by the buyer, or by the dealer for stock. That means they PICKED VR in more numbers than any other color. What did they do, pick a color they did not like? Or said "hey let me get it in a bad color?" The reason you find them in showrooms is because dealers favored the color way more than the other colors (just PM "Bill" on here, a respected salesman). Yes I own a VR Coupe. EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO SEES IT LOVES THE COLOR, ITS ONE OF THEIR FIRST COMMENTS.

+1.

ILTTG, if you are interested, PM me and I'll send you some pictures in different lighting conditions. Of course nothing beats seeing one in person. Even bright showroom lighting will not give you the best affect, in the way sunlight will.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom Red looks amazing in person.. Especially with Silver stripes.. I too was on the fence until I saw one in person.. I also saw one coming at me about a week ago, with silver stripes and 5 spokes..

My jaw was on the floor at how nice this car looked... This coming from someone who has owned 6 Vipers..

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree.
Venom red gets bad mouthed here all the time for being an undesirable color but it is stunning in person, especially in the sunlight. It's sorta like plain old Viper red in that it gets no respect here on the forums (just plain jane red, lowest resale value etc) but when a NON Viper enthusiest sees the Viper red they think it's stunning.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw an 08 coupe, black with white stripes, on ebay a week or so ago for a buy it now in the
mid 60's and a month or so ago an ebay dealer in TX sold an 09 VOI 10 for buy it now 77K.

RD:usa:

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that 08 coupe in the completed listings. It went for 65k, wish I'd seen it when it was active, would've jumped on it - nice color combo. I check most of the car websites every day, but it would seem there are more new 08 coupes than there are used ones for sale, and most of the dealers I call are asking for MSRP, which is insane.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Please advise how many is to many so that I can understand how many times I can go to the track.:dunno:

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw an 08 coupe, black with white stripes, on ebay a week or so ago for a buy it now in the
mid 60's and a month or so ago an ebay dealer in TX sold an 09 VOI 10 for buy it now 77K.

RD:usa:

I don't know anything about the condition, miles, etc. about the 08 b/w coupe you mentioned, but it sounds like a fire sale to me. Unless things go real bad for me, I will never sell for that price.

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the condition, miles, etc. about the 08 b/w coupe you mentioned, but it sounds like a fire sale to me. Unless things go real bad for me, I will never sell for that price.
Me too.:2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please advise how many is to many so that I can understand how many times I can go to the track.:dunno:

Dude... It's like banging your GF. Are you worried about who's gonna get her next, or are you gonna have fun with her right now?

Yeah...

It's the next guy that asks "Um, sooooooooooo, where have you been before?" :rolaugh:

VENOMNS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude... It's like banging your GF. Are you worried about who's gonna get her next, or are you gonna have fun with her right now?

Yeah...

It's the next guy that asks "Um, sooooooooooo, where have you been before?" :rolaugh:

HAHAHHAHA sooooo true.... and I got a lot of x's!! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang