Am I delusional?

OP
OP
I

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the condition, miles, etc. about the 08 b/w coupe you mentioned, but it sounds like a fire sale to me. Unless things go real bad for me, I will never sell for that price.

Looks to be in pretty good shape to me.

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Someone swapped out the "H" wheels that came with that car (look at the window sticker). Makes me wonder why and what else???

OP
OP
I

ILTTG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that for that price, I wouldn't care if that car came with gold painted bicycle spoke wheels.

Someone swapped out the "H" wheels that came with that car (look at the window sticker). Makes me wonder why and what else???

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Check with Mike @ Ringold Dodge in Georgia, he usually has very good prices, and a nice selection of cars, and will make some great deals, I got mine there!!!

I swapped the H wheels off mine, as did a friend who also bought one, just a personal preference, happens all the time

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You all miss the obvious point....if it was the original owner or the selling Dodge dealer that changed the wheels then fine, a matter of preference on someone's part. But if the change was made by the selling ebay dealer (a Chevy dealership, it is a used car) then I would want to know more. But hey that is just me if I was buying a used Viper and spending 65k.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
It is amazing how some people on here decide to ignore the facts when making comments on Venom Red. Look up the stats. IT WAS THE MOST ORDERED COLOR. Think maybe that might explain why there are more VR Vipers to buy? If I recall correctly, Viper's are ORDERED in the color of choice by the buyer, or by the dealer for stock. That means they PICKED VR in more numbers than any other color. What did they do, pick a color they did not like?

The reason it was the most ordered color is because a lot of dealers didn't know what Venom Red was. They thought it was a brighter red then it turned out to be. Those are the facts. Like a lot of others, I agree that it looks good in direct sunlight though.

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can choose to believe those "facts", never heard of that, nor do I know of any survey of dealers asking them if VR turned out to be the color they thought it would be. You mean to say ALL these dealers did not know what they were ordering?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
You can choose to believe those "facts", never heard of that, nor do I know of any survey of dealers asking them if VR turned out to be the color they thought it would be. You mean to say ALL these dealers did not know what they were ordering?

There's a thread about it here somewhere, but I also heard it while talking with various dealers when I was looking to buy my car.

Sorry for the hijack

joedud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Port Orange, FL (just below Daytona Beach)
Here's one, check out MAX Motors

dont know much about it but its 69K

"Minor lot damage"? Wonder what that'll cost to fix.

As far as dealers ordering the VR, would many of them (or buyers for that matter) order a Viper without even seeing a picture of the color? If they did and didn't like the color when it came in, then it would have been because the car was lighter than expected. I've only seen promo pictures of VR that show a darker representation of the color.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealers overordered the Venom Red because it was the first color or one of the first colors available in the Gen 4 .Between the new color and improvments (Gen 4 )they thought it would sell alot better than it has.

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, apparently, was the owner of that car AFTER the experience ( I did not know it going in, and don't know how the dealership found out that history after I traded - I couldn't get that info and I tried!). All that I can tell you is that it is a great ride, very fast and MAY have some mods (based on my comparisons with my current one), but I PREFER my new one that I got!

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get constant compliments on the color of my venom red not quite as many pictures and compliments as our SSG but substantial nonetheless. I have never had anyone come up and say they did not like it. It is a gorgeous color and changes with the amount of light or time of day. If I was to choose worldly object you may be familiar with to explain the color I would say think of the color of cranberries, candied apples, or rose petals - except metallic. As a matter of fact - another local had a venom red and I liked it so much I sought it out. :drive:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which one and what experience- we have been talking about quite a few on this thread:dunno:

He bought Car 00056 Blue with Black stripes and 6 spoke wheels. The car looks fabulous. I am sure it was well maintained just ran around the block hard.

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang