AN APOLOGY TO THE VIPER FORUM READERS FROM ROBBIE AT ATRO RACING PRODUCTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: AN APOLOGY TO THE VIPER FORUM READERS FROM ROBBIE AT ATRO RACING PRODU

Those who have accepted Robbie's apology have forgiven him, those who havent, never will. Either let this thread die or add more distraction pics. Please

--------------------
Chad

Ditto

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Here is my 2 cents. I think most people's issues with Robbie stem from him pretending to be something he is not. For some reason he likes to portray himself as the head of some racing product development company. When in fact, I will bet he is a retired guy who happened to buy a SRT a couple of years ago. He then thought it would be fun to re-sell parts with his name on them and there is nothing wrong with that. However, you should not talk yourself up as something you are not. If someone is willing to pay you more for a K&N intake with an Atro sticker on it more power to you.

On a side note, who does not know what an 02 sim is? OBD2 has been out for over a decade, this not cutting edge technology. Once again, coming from a retired guy looking to make a few bucks and have some fun its ok. Coming from the president of super duper Atro Racing Product Development Group INC. it looks pretty stupid.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a question for all of you with the exception of Zorroespanol, Kenny, and Rouge as I know what kind of answer they are going to have. First let me say I am a paying sponser on the forum. So here is my question. Let say someone post a question on how he can upgrade his exhaust, air intake, etc. and he wants to know what is availble. So I tell him that Corsa, Mopar, Borla, B&B are all good options. Why should I also not tell him that AtRo Racing also makes these items? If this is not a priblem perhaps I can also tell him to call me to discuss or send him a PM. Do you people feel this is aceptable, and if not, how would you go about it as everyone is upset when I post the link to my product. All openions except for those names noted above will be happly accepted.
Robbie

Robbie,

I'm not sure what the correct protocol is but common sense would be to call some of the other sponsors and have a heart to heart discussion with them regarding how they handle this same situation. Then do what they do, which is not what you have been doing for far too long. There are many fine vendors and sponsors that have not had to rely on your tactics which obviously has many of us more than a little tired of your posts.

I accept your apology and thank you for providing it. However, you must be vigilant. Discuss this with the other sponsors, they have shown the way very effectively and many of us go to them repeatedly for product, tech advice and service work. Yet they are obviously missing from this forum, they do not seemingly beg to offer their services in this forum, they do not debate anything, nor do they give opinions nor moral judgements on every matter, nor do they even attempt to enter any discussion that would encroach on any potential customer of their's. It's just good business sense and practiced quite well by the other vendors and sponsors, Robbie. Talk to them privately and possibly learn something new that just may enhance your membership, position and business. Whatever you do, don't do what you have been.

As far as Kenny, Rogue, and Zorro are concerned; I thank them for taking the time they have spent bringing to a head what should have been done some time back. I personally believe you actually got off easy and in a very short period. I am one of the PM's they received thanking them and I think it is good that we have good factual resources and entertainment as well. I am a *** calling the kettle black, however, I have nothing to sell and a lot to gain.

Regarding the tough guy outlaws we have here, enough. You really don't want to be picking fights. Thanks again to Kenny, Rogue and Zorro.

Robbie, I again accept and hope you find the methods that will enhance your business even more. Best of luck to you and your business.

Larry

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It was my little'ol thread that started this whole bla bla bla bla stuff!!!

I have always appreciated the comments made by any member good or bad, intelligent or not. That's what forums like this are all about. I see no need, however, to bash anyone anytime.

Thanks for posting your comments.

Patrick :2tu: :2tu:

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Ok Robbie since you are getting beat up and aksed for more distractions, I will comply....

You must be registered for see images attach

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rob,

I would consider the advice of Rleminv in regards to how the other vendors promote. From what I've seen, to this point, when someone asked about a part/mod etc..is other chiming in to give their opinion on xyz. While I understand you are trying to get more of your parts out there so that this can happen. Posting your website, with 90% of your respones, doesn't seem to be the most effective manner.

To Zorro - something or another..whasn't he a red headed swedish *****? I hope your driving is better than your fact gathering on who is saying what ;)

This has been loads of fun but can someone lock this freakin thread

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rob,

I would consider the advice of Rleminv in regards to how the other vendors promote. From what I've seen, to this point, when someone asked about a part/mod etc..is other chiming in to give their opinion on xyz. While I understand you are trying to get more of your parts out there so that this can happen. Posting your website, with 90% of your respones, doesn't seem to be the most effective manner.

To Zorro - something or another..whasn't he a red headed swedish *****? I hope your driving is better than your fact gathering on who is saying what ;)

This has been loads of fun but can someone lock this freakin thread :bonker:

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ulllose:

Nice catch! I didn't realized I put 90. It should have been 93 - Ruby Red! I'm surprised nobody else caught that sooner..especially me :rolleyes:

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

These distraction pics are the only worthwhile thing in this thread
:2tu: :2tu:

MK2 Viper: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Twin Turbo size 3150: :2tu:

LOL
Larry

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Zorro, you have been here a grand total of 2 weeks. I think a little time is in order before you become the web site pit bull. You obviously missed the colloquial reference to the name Zorro. Maybe if American was on your resume' you would not have missed that.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

I deleted my previous post, I really did not think dagger deserved a reply... But addressing your post: Last I checked we are all Viper owners from all over the world.

Me, the "pit bull"?? I am not trying to be anything...

But if I intimidate you, let me just say.... I like it, turns me on ;)

Zorro, you have been here a grand total of 2 weeks. I think a little time is in order before you become the web site pit bull. You obviously missed the colloquial reference to the name Zorro. Maybe if American was on your resume' you would not have missed that.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No intimidation here. I said "before you become ..." That was a guidance comment being that you are a guest here.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score

No intimidation here. I said "before you become ..." That was a guidance comment being that you are a guest here.

Copy that, mate. Just trying to keep this fun and interesting...

corseviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Twinturbo3150 - Please do not show pictures of my ex-wife on this forum! Show a little respect for "them".

My $.02
I agree with some of the previous comments, some times it seems to me that "Atro" is pushing their products on us a little to strong and taking over threads. I seldom see other vendors jumping in like he does.
Your opinions on topics are interesting and worth reading, but I would just tone it down on the sales pitch for your products.

OP
OP
R

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It shall be done and guys those pics have sure lifted my heart. I have never shyed away from anyones comments, just the verble attacks. Thanks for everyones support.
Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960