Any AEM users using this guage yet?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the AEM gauge is quite cool... BUT, don't try to put it in a gauge pod that fits on the steering wheel. The bezel sticks out about 1/4" more than most and as such, contacts the steering when when using those pods.

but the gauge is quite cool.

One note about the gauge: can't use it and the laptop (for programming) at the same time. Only one can be connected at a time...

JD

OP
OP
E

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Joe. Did you have to update firmware? Do you think it will fit in the new MBX guage pods? I just ordered one.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will fit in the MBX pod. I already checked. :) As for firmware, i'm new at the AEM and have only used the 1.19 firmware. The gauge requires 1.19 as well, so if you re 1.11 or earlier, you need to upgrade to use the gauge.

good luck!

JD

Bob D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine a few weeks ago and it's worth every penny. I modified my steering wheel pod so it would clear the wheel. I highly recommend it.

OP
OP
E

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am currently runnig V1.11. After surfing the AEM boards and reading about some of the upgrade problems, I am a little aprehensive. Did any of you guys have to upgrade to Firmware V1.19? Did you encouonter any issues?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have upgraded someone else's viper from 1.11 to 1.19. as long as you follow the instructions (ex: set MAP VOLTAGE) then you will be fine. the step-by-step instructions are quite good. and they worked for that update...

JD

OP
OP
E

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jo,

I'm going to go ahead and order the guages. I'll probably be doing the upgrade shortly thereafter. Would you mind if I gave you a call as I did the upgrade? SVS did the install and I'm not sure if I have the original AEM install manual.

Btw, it says to remove the harness connector, would it just be ok to remove plug wires from the plugs?