Any Benefit From Being a VCA Member?

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey..I don't know if this issue was addressed before...but are VCA members getting any benefit from being a club member when ordering one of the new Gen Vs?!
Do we get preferential ordering status ? or how about a nice discount..(LOL)...?!
Anything?

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that you need to be a member to get order priority. It was said before that the select dealers would have to give VCA members priority, but I don't know if that's still the case. In fact, earlier this year the rumor was you couldn't order one if you weren't a member.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmmm, considering that the Gen V was meant to draw in buyers who previously never would consider a viper, I'm not sure that it would be a good move to restrict purchase of the car to VCA members.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I was telling myself how do they want attracting new buyers and that stuff but then they said VCA members will have priority in the ordering list. This mean you'll be higher in the waiting list.

Dealers like Tomball said VCA members will have that priority.

And I think that move will effect overseas potential buyers since they said they want to attract new breed of buyers but that will not be the case in U.S only :dunno:

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be happy if there are so many orders that priority is an issue!:rolaugh:

The number one issue is not priority to VCA members but rather sales to maintain a production rate of around 1500 or more cars a year to justify the Viper as a continuing solid business case. That number comes from Ralph in an interview program. The current VCA membership purchases were not enough to sustain a production rate that kept the Viper in production, even when the car was subsudized by marketing. New purchasers are necessary as a life or death issue. Maybe VCA members on the waiting list should volunteer to let any first time purcheser go to the head of the line? :rolaugh: Or maybe a simple first in, first out system should be put in place? How would a first time purcheser feel if informed that after waiting x amount of time he/she is being moved to a lower position because a VOI member that came in afterwards is being bumped ahead of him/her? :dunno:

Last edited:

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would a first time purcheser feel if informed that after waiting x amount of time he/she is being moved to a lower position because a VOI member that came in afterwards is being bumped ahead of him/her? :dunno:

That would be a little disappointing. I know of someone (me) that has owned 3 NEW Vipers, wants a new one, but no longer owns one so therefore not a VCA member. I really believe in the Bible (in this case) and think I should be welcomed back like the Prodigal Son and placed ahead of all VCA members :D.

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well..I know someone who still owns their original 2 vipers...has owned and sold 2 other vipers.......has been a club member since (I think) '96......has loved vipers since the early 90s......and I think they (I) should get priority!!.....(what do ya say to that Frank?!!!!!!!..LOL!!).

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well..I know someone who still owns their original 2 vipers...has owned and sold 2 other vipers.......has been a club member since (I think) '96......has loved vipers since the early 90s......and I think they (I) should get priority!!.....(what do ya say to that Frank?!!!!!!!..LOL!!).

Fair enough -- I accept your argument.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Thomas Jefferson said, “Equal rights for all, special privileges for none”.:lmao:

Again, I hope that so many Vipers are ordered that the plant runs to capacity and priority is an issue.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
When you are a VCA member, one benefit is that they don't call you derogatory names any more, like "Enthuisiast"! :)

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way SRT will give priority to VCA Members or offical discounts on the new Vipers.In todays world, money talks.Dealers may,but with the internet,new Viper owners will find out and demand the discounts also.So you not see any for anyone,at least for a couple years.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey..I don't know if this issue was addressed before...but are VCA members getting any benefit from being a club member when ordering one of the new Gen Vs?!
Do we get preferential ordering status ? or how about a nice discount..(LOL)...?!
Anything?

From the info I've received via email so far, Facebook is your best bet for new info on the Gen 5.....paying VCA members, not so much :mad:
They have my email, they know I'm a paid member, they know my vehicles VIN#, you'd think they'd want us to be the first to get information on the Gen 5 regarding availability, videos, news, promotions, etc.
I get more emails on events and new models from car manufacturers I don't even own (like Jaguar) than I do from SRT regarding the new Gen 5.

I guess this is the new way of marketing.....because I imagine a lot of 45 plus year olds that can afford a $120K car spend a lot of time on Facebook when considering buying this type of vehicle :dunno:

Cheers,
George

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's to everyone really wanting a Viper getting one.

PLZ LET IT BE ME PLZ LET IT BE ME :D