Any code experts on the site?

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the heck does "High Temperature Logic" mean? I've been getting a P1738 popping up ever since having a Gen 3 tranny installed in my '97 GTS. Fluid is fine. Any idea why this keeps popping up?

Thanks.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is really odd. I scanned google for a good 30 minutes looking for info on this code. Found a ton of entries for Hondas, BMWs, and the occasional Chrysler Minivan. Seems to have something to do with how the ECU calculates tranny oil temperature. Perhaps there is a sensor on the Gen3 tranny that outputs different voltage and is tripping up the ECU?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok it wasnt just me then. google failed me last night when this got posted...lol

tator 914-763-3136

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the heck does "High Temperature Logic" mean? I've been getting a P1738 popping up ever since having a Gen 3 tranny installed in my '97 GTS. Fluid is fine. Any idea why this keeps popping up?

Thanks.

Yes, it's that SCT junk you have in there ;)
Nothing to do with the transmission or gen since there are no temp sensors.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, sounds to me like someone changed a binary code on an SCT device by accident. Definitely not trans related... they have no temp sensors.

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, sounds to me like someone changed a binary code on an SCT device by accident. Definitely not trans related... they have no temp sensors.

Would that have been changed by someone at SCT or the toooooner who wrote the tune?

It's not throwing a CEL or anything. I had the SCT plugged in and was checking codes for ****s and giggles. Good thing I was wearing depends.... :D

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would that have been changed by someone at SCT or the toooooner who wrote the tune?

It's not throwing a CEL or anything. I had the SCT plugged in and was checking codes for ****s and giggles. Good thing I was wearing depends.... :D

That would be either a tuner mistake, or a an actual code issue at SCT that has a parameter incorrectly tied to something else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang