Any "hidden" dealer cash or incentives on the 08s?

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking about adding an a new 08 convertible to the garage and was wondering if anyone knows if there are any hidden dealer cash or incentives on the 08s?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a smokin deal on this thread for a venom red vert,1200 miles-mid 60*s,not my favorite color,but for that price it would soon to be my favorite.:2tu::drive:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am thinking about adding an a new 08 convertible to the garage and was wondering if anyone knows if there are any hidden dealer cash or incentives on the 08s?

[ If its HIDDEN, how can it be an incentive?! ]

AARP Members and Wal-Mart Employees can buy Non-ACR Vipers at Chrysler Employee Prices. That is about 2-3% below dealer invoice, + $200 fee. Waaaay below MSRP. You can join AARP at any age as an ASSOCIATE MEMBER. Anyone 50+ years can join AARP as a "FULL MEMBER" $20 for 3 years.....

(Actual Chrysler Employees do get a better deal....a rebate...)

Any VCA member referring you can earn $1000 MoPar parts dollars....maybe they will split it with you? That $1000 might just be the 'closer' ! VCA $1000 referral info here, for Members only:

http://forums.viperclub.org/vca-members-only/619881-announcing-new-vca-member-incentive-3.html

Last edited:

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call John Gastman @ Roanoke Motors, Roanoke, IL. He has loads of Vipers on the ground. He'll make you an offer you can't refuse!!! Two of my club members just bought new '08s from him and they were very pleased with their deal and the manner in which John does business. He will have a new '08 delivered to your doorstep in no time at all. Tell John that I told you to call him! :2tu:

Bus phone (309) 923-7171
Toll free (800) 541-6858
Cell (309) 303-1464
Email – [email protected]
www.romocoinc.com

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Walmart employees are NOT eligible to purchase Vipers for employee prices - no matter what the year or model is. AARP applies only to non-ACR models from 2008....

WAL MART does not matter, because SteveT wants an 08SRT10, and he can join AARP... Im just trying to help stimulate a sale and a possible VCA Referral.

But Chris, are you certain about WalMart? (Or is the $200 the technicality?) Can we say MAYBE??

I hate to contradict, (and I apologize if im wrong,) but before I posted the above, I personally confirmed with two trusted dealers in 2 states, who confirm that Wal-Mart employees can indeed buy 08 SRT10 (not ACR) at EMPLOYEE PRICES (EP) + $200 admin fee. I hated to even bother the second dealer, because the 1st (bigger) guy was adamant. (I was worried it might be restricted geographically, so I got a second opinion.) Both Dealers say its true....Wal-Mart can buy Vipers just like AARP: EP+Admin Fee. Both dealers also knew about the substantial rebate to true Chrysler-employee buyers of Vipers. TODAY, One of them even performed an "Incentive Configuration" for an stock 08 SRT10 Vin # and it generated a Wal-Mart EP price + $200. [Any dealer can perform this check, so long as they have an 08 non ACR Vin. ]

The links to the Chrysler EP plan seem to indicate this is true. So I am left doubting.
I know how 'confused' some Dodge dealers can be, but these guys know Vipers! And things seem to change every day.........GM and FORD are selling EP to everyone!.....

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can get $15k or more off MSRP without breaking a sweat - no problem at all on venom red and have seen it on the orange as well

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WAL MART does not matter, because SteveT wants an 08SRT10, and he can join AARP... Im just trying to help stimulate a sale and a possible VCA Referral.

But Chris, are you certain about WalMart? (Or is the $200 the technicality?) Can we say MAYBE??

I hate to contradict, (and I apologize if im wrong,) but before I posted the above, I personally confirmed with two trusted dealers in 2 states, who confirm that Wal-Mart employees can indeed buy 08 SRT10 (not ACR) at EMPLOYEE PRICES (EP) + $200 admin fee. I hated to even bother the second dealer, because the 1st (bigger) guy was adamant. (I was worried it might be restricted geographically, so I got a second opinion.) Both Dealers say its true....Wal-Mart can buy Vipers just like AARP: EP+Admin Fee. Both dealers also knew about the substantial rebate to true Chrysler-employee buyers of Vipers. TODAY, One of them even performed an "Incentive Configuration" for an stock 08 SRT10 Vin # and it generated a Wal-Mart EP price + $200. [Any dealer can perform this check, so long as they have an 08 non ACR Vin. ]

The links to the Chrysler EP plan seem to indicate this is true. So I am left doubting.
I know how 'confused' some Dodge dealers can be, but these guys know Vipers! And things seem to change every day.........GM and FORD are selling EP to everyone!.....
Could be a case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing. We spoke directly to the head of Viper Marketing at 4:30 this afternoon just to double check on the Walmart discount. While the dealers can "simulate" Walmart employee pricing on Vipers (match it), corporate insists that Chrysler/Dodge/SRT will not honor it. :dunno:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gee, maybe with my AARP discount, and a little cash, I might be tempted to buy another Viper, can I refer myself for the MOPAR $1k parts dollars?

DODGE DEALERS have the details. Our VCA Sponsor-Dealers are particulary adept.
Some of them have month-end, and then year-end goals fast-approaching.

This AM, a member in my region emailed me about an 08 SRT-C under $80k w/ AARP.

I would guess its probably not kosher to 'refer yourself' for the $1000 parts credit. (That question is "open" on the VCA Members thread.) But a local comrade can certainly cooperate. NOTE: If you printed or downloaded the form in early days, it recently changed. New questions, and a new fax #. As an FYI: The new form has 8 fields....the old had 6.

Now, GO BUY AN 08 !!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess I'm interested.

My 2005 vert was bought new with employee price.

Does it help if I know Jim Press? Didn't think so.

I really wanted an ACR, or a bumblebee.

No yellow for 08 and 09, whats left thats hot? SSG, stripes?

Don't like the razor wheels, and prefer H to 6.

Conv or coupe?

Really like the spoiler, saw one on a conv with it on VCA classified but its black, don't really need another black, I already have three, and a silver, black and blue, decisions, decisions... HELP!!!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm interested.

Don't like the razor wheels, and prefer H to 6.

Conv or coupe?

Really like the spoiler, saw one on a conv with it on VCA classified but its black, don't really need another black, I already have three, and a silver, black and blue, decisions, decisions... HELP!!!

How about the voilet coupe with white stripes that John Gastman has at Roanoke?:2tu:

Bill

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I guess I'm interested.

Don't like the razor wheels, and prefer H to 6. Conv or coupe?
.......... don't really need another black, I already have three, and a silver, black and blue, decisions, decisions... HELP!!!

If you truly 'know' JimP, you can certainly get a EP-CDI certif....perhaps like your last one.
(Be SURE to tell him how hard this VCA site is working to help sell Vipers! )
If you can get EP, call me about some 'rebate' info for Employees-CDIs. Or ask whomever got you the EP last time! WHEELS can be swapped if your dealer has multiple cars in stock. Many VCA Vendors do.... Roanoke, Woodhouse, et al.....

How about an ORANGE SRT10 ?
How about Violet/White stripe Coupe (only 38 made total of all 3 models)
How about Venom Red/White Stripe Coupe?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Before he worked for Chrysler, he worked for Toyota USA, and before that he worked for the largest Toyota distributorship in the US for a short time (SET), which is where I met him.
I spent a couple weekends with him and his lovely wife in my car showing homes.

Would I call him and say hi and ask him for a favor? Probably not, its tacky, and he's got a lot of other things on his mind more important than selling me Viper.

As I've said on here many times, the guy is simply brilliant.

Last edited:

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK,
So what would my purchase price be on a new 08 with this AARP discount, what could I buy a 08 coupe for?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OK, So what would my purchase price be on a new 08 with this AARP discount, what could I buy a 08 coupe for?

Dealers are not likely to post prices here.... You will have to call one:

Roanoke 800 541 6858
Tator 914 763 3136
Woodhouse (800) 889-1893

I suspect you will be in the very-very-very low 80s with stripes.......you might be surprised.....even lower without. And then, you could be eligible for the $1000 VCA Parts rebate!!!

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
..............I spent a couple weekends with him and his lovely wife in my car showing homes....Would I call him and say hi and ask him for a favor? Probably not, its tacky, and he's got a lot of other things on his mind more important than selling me Viper. As I've said on here many times, the guy is simply brilliant..........

Only YOU can judge the rapport you had / have with him.
If your gut-feel is TACKY, that's a bad sign.
But if your feel is otherwise, you could ask his OFFICE to see if he would like to delegate someone to help you buy a new VIPER...(and do Chrysler a favor !)

You can join AARP for $20 and buy EP+$200 ....

Reaction score
Only YOU can judge the rapport you had / have with him.
If your gut-feel is TACKY, that's a bad sign.
But if your feel is otherwise, you could ask his OFFICE to see if he would like to delegate someone to help you buy a new VIPER...(and do Chrysler a favor !)

You can join AARP for $20 and buy EP+$200 ....

I do a lot of favors for a lot of people, I just feel odd asking for one now in return.

I am already a member of AARP even though I am only a young 49, as I married someone old enough to join, and I cut AARP a check awhile ago for a 5-year membership. Therefore, I am in good standing with the gray hairs.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sheeesh. Call a dealer. Or scroll UP to post # 13 in this thread.....

:rolleyes:

No numbers were posted when I made a post, that was something you went back and edited in. Besides, I have no intention of calling a dealer and wasting their time with a bottom dollar price quote, as I already have my 2008 Coupe resting comfortably at home. I was curious, as many others, what the AARP cost is for the 08 Vipers. Thanks for going back and adding the number.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't look like no big savings to me I have been seeing them for low 80's for awhile now.
no big saving with the AARP membership either just another bargaining tool for the dealer.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealers are not likely to post prices here.... You will have to call one:

Roanoke 800 541 6858
Tator 914 763 3136
Woodhouse (800) 889-1893

I suspect you will be in the very-very-very low 80s with stripes.......you might be surprised.....even lower without. And then, you could be eligible for the $1000 VCA Parts rebate!!!

I know its not you JonB but
Why Not?
They post prices on there sites and in classifieds or does trade-ins come into play?
Post what my saving will be on a 08 with the AARP
If they want to sell there cars (POST-THEM)

FLX109

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As to the lead question here, there are no " hidden" programs for Vipers and Chris M. is entirely correct that the Walmart Program is not supposed to include Vipers. The problem is likely due to the fact that with the recent realignments, many folks at Chrysler are doing triple the work they did recently. We have noticed , as Dealers, that there have been a ton of revisions of late , and I suspect we will see one next week that will clarify each program, as the confusion is quite understandable for both the Franchises and consumers. Common sense appears to show it will likely have both Coupes and Convertibles ( 2008s ) available for AARP discounts , as currently the Coupe is not listed, yet was supposed to be included. ACRs are not included in any program and this makes perfect sense with a car that is no longer even orderable for a period of time.

The Walmart program will probably exclude Vipers, as that was not viewed as a likely marketing arena.

With Corporate shut down until Monday, it will be next week for answers , and as we ( Woodhouse ), personally, have a couple of folks wanting 2008 Coupes under the AARP program, I will be happy to see if we can get a clarification.

An actual AARP number and photocopy of the member's card is a requirement for the sale, or the Dealer will be charged back, so fudging on the program will be difficult and not encouraged by reputable Franchises, as they would eat a large chunk of money under an audit --- and Corporate is doing more of these increasingly!!!

All of us want to sell Vipers and buy Vipers for a long time, so keep in mind the product you love has to be viable for someone to purchase , or to keep within the Corporate Umbrella. My personal opinion is we need to temper the negativism and look towards ways we can promote the Serpent, if we are true devotees, instead of stirring the *** during an unsettled time.

Respectfully Submitted,
Bill Pemberton
Viperholic

Reaction score
If you are a current AARP member we want you to be part of the Chrysler family, so we’re offering you employee pricing on the purchase or lease of an eligible Dodge vehicle between November 1, 2008 – January 2, 2009. Visit your local Dodge dealer to take advantage of this incredible offer.

Here’s what you need to know

Program Duration:
Customer Eligibility:
Eligible Discount:
Program Fee:
Eligible Vehicles:

Customer Vehicle Delivery Date:
Program Compatibility:

November 1, 2008 – January 2, 2009
Must be a member of AARP with a valid AARP membership card
Employee Pricing* (EP)
A $200 program fee applies
All 2008 and 2009 Dodge vehicles are eligible except for Sprinter, Challenger and Viper SRT 10 ACR models
Eligible customers must take retail delivery of vehicle by January 2, 2009
Program is compatible with most national incentive programs
Program is not compatible with any other employee pricing programs

* The Employee Price is the maximum