Any "hidden" dealer cash or incentives on the 08s?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

No numbers were posted when I made a post, that was something you went back and edited in. Besides, I have no intention of calling a dealer and wasting their time with a bottom dollar price quote, as I already have my 2008 Coupe resting comfortably at home. I was curious, as many others, what the AARP cost is for the 08 Vipers. Thanks for going back and adding the number.

Malu....My post # 13 has the price in there all along...... Only my later post #21 to flx gave phone numbers...... 2 of them from the moment I posted, and I edited the 3rd in just moments later, once I looked it up

Flx....I posted this back on October when you asked, in order of proximity to you:

(in order of proximity from MA)

CALL CHUCK TATOR NY
CALL BUEHLER NJ
CALL WARNOCK NJ
CALL JOHN GASTMAN - ROANOKE Dodge
CALL MIKE ROBBINS -Ringgold GA
CALL WOODHOUSE NE
------------------------------------------------------
Options can vary any posted generic price by THOUSANDS..... and trades matter....And if you have bought 2-3-5+ Vipers from dealer X, Ill bet you get a better price than an unknown lookeeloo would see simply posted here. If you are serious, ( i think you ARE!) call a dealer. If you are just curious (like Malu states) see post 13....

Last edited:

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon or anyone,
Does the dealer have to sell you the car you pick say a fully optioned aero group car for the AARP price or is it up to them :dunno:? I think I know the answer but would just like to make sure...Kevin

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon or anyone,
Does the dealer have to sell you the car you pick say a fully optioned aero group car for the AARP price or is it up to them ........? I think I know the answer but would just like to make sure...Kevin.

I believe a dealer would NOT be FORCED to sell a car to anyone....

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to put my .02 in here I think the Info I receive on this site just points right at me most times! Incentives as I am about buy a new viper! Mods being done and talked about as I am doing them to my viper! I would like to make a special note that JON B FROM PARTS RACK has always been in the MOST INFORMITIVE, postings for me at the best times! I have called him and spoke to Jon several times after reading these posts, and the extra info I have received has always helped me greatly! So thanks to everyone for posting and debating in these forums and posts! With a special thanks to JON B for his straight talk and always correct info.

V

Venomiss

As to the lead question here, there are no " hidden" programs for Vipers and Chris M. is entirely correct that the Walmart Program is not supposed to include Vipers. The problem is likely due to the fact that with the recent realignments, many folks at Chrysler are doing triple the work they did recently. We have noticed , as Dealers, that there have been a ton of revisions of late , and I suspect we will see one next week that will clarify each program, as the confusion is quite understandable for both the Franchises and consumers. Common sense appears to show it will likely have both Coupes and Convertibles ( 2008s ) available for AARP discounts , as currently the Coupe is not listed, yet was supposed to be included. ACRs are not included in any program and this makes perfect sense with a car that is no longer even orderable for a period of time.

The Walmart program will probably exclude Vipers, as that was not viewed as a likely marketing arena.

With Corporate shut down until Monday, it will be next week for answers , and as we ( Woodhouse ), personally, have a couple of folks wanting 2008 Coupes under the AARP program, I will be happy to see if we can get a clarification.

An actual AARP number and photocopy of the member's card is a requirement for the sale, or the Dealer will be charged back, so fudging on the program will be difficult and not encouraged by reputable Franchises, as they would eat a large chunk of money under an audit --- and Corporate is doing more of these increasingly!!!

All of us want to sell Vipers and buy Vipers for a long time, so keep in mind the product you love has to be viable for someone to purchase , or to keep within the Corporate Umbrella. My personal opinion is we need to temper the negativism and look towards ways we can promote the Serpent, if we are true devotees, instead of stirring the *** during an unsettled time.

Respectfully Submitted,
Bill Pemberton
Viperholic

Thank you for the information Bill.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As to the lead question here, there are no " hidden" programs for Vipers ..........

The Walmart program will probably exclude Vipers, as that was not viewed as a likely marketing arena.

CONFIRMED the above.....(.and Chris's earlier belief): WalMart EP pricing program that once allowed discounts on Vipers was not intentional, and was cancelled 12/1/2008.

The AARP and VCA incentives seem to be in full swing.... TIME TO BUY A NEW VIPER!

{and thanx JeffM for the kind words......and to Ed, I hope we can help you close a deal soon!}

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually the revision was done on 12/2 and still has a minor glitch in it. We should have the corrected version up late today or tommorrow. Keep in mind that folks at Chrysler are often doing the work that up to 5 people previously accomplished. We have been blessed that some key personnel in SRT Sales/Marketing have stuck it out and are still around , plugging away for all us Viper sickos ( an incurable , but wonderfully addictive disease ).

Walmart is gone and was never intended to be on there, as Chris noted and Jon reported on. The AARP program is being revised to read as originally intended, and will to some degree open up things a bit for many.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the revision was done on 12/2 and still has a minor glitch in it. We should have the corrected version up late today or tommorrow. Keep in mind that folks at Chrysler are often doing the work that up to 5 people previously accomplished. We have been blessed that some key personnel in SRT Sales/Marketing have stuck it out and are still around , plugging away for all us Viper sickos ( an incurable , but wonderfully addictive disease ).

Walmart is gone and was never intended to be on there, as Chris noted and Jon reported on. The AARP program is being revised to read as originally intended, and will to some degree open up things a bit for many.

...and will ACR's then be eligible???

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
...and will ACR's then be eligible???

No Way. Not Gonna Happen.

With more sold-orders in place than can be built near-term, and ACR orders temporarily suspended to get caught up, it would be dummmm to incentify MORE orders on a model that is selling above expectations. [And the Viper Marketing guys are'nt dummm.]