any srts available for say 65 k?

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy has one in Dallas that is Silver for 65K I have seen it it person. It has some wear. It is 7k miles. May need a little touch up, but for 65K that is what you might have to do.

Chris

Sean Bryan
www.carandtruckexporters.com
425-485-9330

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Considering we're now seeing new 04's for around 76K, it shouldn't be too hard to find an 03 with 10K miles or so for that figure.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Someone stole that SRT...

With 03s with less than 5K going for 65 and change, does that mean we won't have to read those dippy ads for Gen IIs for 60K and up anymore?

Yeah, wishful thinking, I know...

JKNUST

Viper Owner
Reaction score

With 03s with less than 5K going for 65 and change, does that mean we won't have to read those dippy ads for Gen IIs for 60K and up anymore?

I've asked a few sellers on eBay when the auction ended at ~$65 - $67K if they REALLY sold it (the only ones ending in that range have been no reserve). Two so far have said "no" and one said "yes".... others did not respond.

I am having little conversations in my head now... as I have noticed a few times I could pickup an 03 SRT for $65 - $67K via eBay or even a private seller once in awhile. I am also considering an 01 or 02 GTS in the $55 - $60K range and now am stumped with the 03 SRT's in this lower range I can afford!!! I simply do not know whether to get an 01 / 02 for ~$5 - $7K less (and do a few upgrades) or go with the new SRT and deplete all available funds!!!!

What a dilemna!

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up a mint 2003 silver srt-10 for $65700 with 3700 miles. Coming in tomorrow or wednesday. Can't wait! Anxious to compare the performance with my 2002 z06 and my other rides. Could have maybe found one cheaper but I wanted silver no matter what.

Cal

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've asked a few sellers on eBay when the auction ended at ~$65 - $67K if they REALLY sold it (the only ones ending in that range have been no reserve). Two so far have said "no" and one said "yes".... others did not respond.

I am having little conversations in my head now... as I have noticed a few times I could pickup an 03 SRT for $65 - $67K via eBay or even a private seller once in awhile. I am also considering an 01 or 02 GTS in the $55 - $60K range and now am stumped with the 03 SRT's in this lower range I can afford!!! I simply do not know whether to get an 01 / 02 for ~$5 - $7K less (and do a few upgrades) or go with the new SRT and deplete all available funds!!!!

What a dilemna!

Wait 'til the coupe comes out then the used SRT-10's will cost even less!

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to decide what you really want. The GTS and RT/10 are great cars with intense curb appeal. The SRT has more creature comfort, better cockpit, and is an easier car to handle, but does not even come close on curb appeal. You get oo's and ah's from the Gen II's and you get "is that a corvette" from the SRT's.

If you want a daily driver go with the SRT...

quickysrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up a mint 2003 silver srt-10 for $65700 with 3700 miles. Coming in tomorrow or wednesday. Can't wait! Anxious to compare the performance with my 2002 z06 and my other rides. Could have maybe found one cheaper but I wanted silver no matter what.

Cal

i had an 04 vette and well there is NO comparison.

quickysrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to decide what you really want. The GTS and RT/10 are great cars with intense curb appeal. The SRT has more creature comfort, better cockpit, and is an easier car to handle, but does not even come close on curb appeal. You get oo's and ah's from the Gen II's and you get "is that a corvette" from the SRT's.

If you want a daily driver go with the SRT...

srt's are better every time i go to a car meet all the genII viper owners run over to drool at it.

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought my post was pretty honest, I don't think that was GEN III bashing. The SRT has many advantages over the GEN II, including performance, handling and cockpit design. However, even though the SRT is an awesome looking car... it does not get the glares that the GEN II/I's get.

And I agree with the other post as well, GEN II owners envy it as well, that is because they know the differences.

JKNUST

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For some dealers, prices have been as follows for 2003 models in the past 30 days (these are actual completed transactions):

07/02/04 MANHEIM Regular $67,500 1,427 Avg RED 10G Yes
07/01/04 MANHEIM Regular $68,500 179 Avg RED 10G 6 Yes
07/01/04 MANHEIM Regular $67,500 465 Avg RED 10G 6 Yes
06/30/04 ATLANTA Regular $67,000 4,221 Avg REDE 10G 6 Yes
06/24/04 RIVRSIDE Regular $71,000 3,942 Avg SILVER 10G M Yes
06/17/04 MANHEIM Regular $69,250 1,905 Avg RED 10G 6 Yes
06/09/04 W PALM Regular $70,500 874 Avg RED 10G 6 Yes

I would think we'll see some more SRT's coming close to that $65K price soon that are avaialble to us.... or private sellers selling at $65K since I imagine trade-in wouldn't be that much more than the price the dealers can get at large auto auctions.

I'm getting excited!!

I've matched up a few of these transactions with ads lately (dealer listings) and see what kind of markup they have. I'm going to keep my mouth shut now. Supply and Demand!

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked my mint 03 srt up last week in Dallas with 1400 miles for 67000.00 The car was registered in 9/03, not even a year old.

This car was practically brand new. Even still has the glove box tag hanging out, the gas pedal still has the plastic wrap from factory on it. Came with the window sticker and keys and manuals.

The car was spotless. It took me a while to find a deal so sweet, but after a month of searching I found it.

The best thing about it, is someone else took the hit on buying a new car, I picked it up after his loss. Now I know the value of the car will stay very close to the balance of my loan for the first year or so.

Chris
You must be registered for see images attach

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The best thing about it, is someone else took the hit on buying a new car, I picked it up after his loss. Now I know the value of the car will stay very close to the balance of my loan for the first year or so."

Unless the new Coupe is announced in 2 months at VOI8. If that happens we're all toast!

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2003 silver srt-10 was also registered in 9/03 (3700 miles for $65700 and is in mint condition. I could have jumped on a 03 red with only 900 miles for 66400 but I wanted silver : ) I think we both got great deals!

VIPERTEX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Red SRT W/just over 2000 on it. Will consider selling for 68,900. The car is perfect. All emblems changed to Black. I added Mopar Floor Mats and the carpet in the trunk. Call for details 412-856-1700. This is a Dodge Dealership...but it is my personel car.

Gary Lee

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless the new Coupe is announced in 2 months at VOI8. If that happens we're all toast!

Well, I would say not to worry too much. Did the GTS kill RT/10 values when it was announced? Nope. Did people still order RT/10's en masse? You betcha. In 2001 when the SRT-10 was announced, the GTS/ACR combo outsold the RT/10 by all of THREE cars - 877 vs. 874. With the impending "death" of the GTS in 2002 and 360 Final Editions (only available in a coupe), the numbers were still only 373 apart - 918 vs. 545.

Should there be a coupe announced (heh heh), then expect it to be priced higher right off the bat. With those ugly yellow SRT-10's retailing at $89,995, I would expect a coupe to be priced at a similar rate. They (DC) knows it will sell for a premium, so don't expect to see big dealer discounts either. The used SRT-10 market is about where you would expect it to be and even if every current owner switched to a coupe, there will be plenty of buyers for this incredible machine. And my guess is that you will have less than 25% of the SRT-10 owners seriously consider a coupe and several GTS owners making the jump if it looks good. Hell, the GTS market could be the one to go temporarily soft if a coupe is announced. Yet even after used Gen I/II prices took a drop last year, they are definitely on the rebound this year. I would not be surprised to see a similar "blip" for the GTS if a new coupe is announced. Regardless, the Vipers will continue to be one of the least depreciating cars on the road.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the SRT-10 picked up a LOT of first-time Viper owners exactly because of it's design - they aren't looking for a coupe. With so many recent Corvette converts, you should also note that Chevy sold more Corvette ragtops than coupes in 2003. And convertibles tend to bring more money on the secondary Vette market as well ('63 excepted, of course).

Of course all of this is conjecture, but I wouldn't sweat a coupe affecting your SRT's value. I know I'm not!

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would agree... there are just some of us ragtop guys... have to have the air in the hair :2tu:

djemcee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Living in Southern California, I have the top down about 90% of the time all year round.

I prefer a rag top over hard top...

Chris

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Many of us are the same way. Y2k I really enjoy your posts and am looking forward to your ugly yellow thing to arrive soon. :)

I have to agree. I think the real value hit will be on the later GTS' when the Coupe does come. Coupe guys and girls will be unloading them furiously in lieu of the snake.

I am little dissapointed to hear that some folks are picking up 1 year old cars for 20k off their newer breathern. I suppose like every great deal the median value produces the average.

Coupes are just not for me, but a great car all the same.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
So Cal = convertible

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang