Anybody driving Sunday??

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting my Eibachs on Saturday.... Sunday looks like an awesome shakedown day. Any of you knuckleheads getting your Vipers out and want to meet up?

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm up for anything. What time and where? I am very familiar with 601. Use to live on it just across Clarke Cnty line on the left off of 7. Fun road going over to 50.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing on the way home today. Only problem for me is that Easter is this Sunday. I had contemlated doing something on Friday evening or Saturday instead.

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday would work better for me as well.

Any chance on getting thoes Eibachs on sooner?

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance on getting thoes Eibachs on sooner?

Unfortunately, no. Work gets in the way of my Viper time.

If anybody wants to go Sunday, maybe we could meet up somewhere (Ferrari of Washington seems to work well) and roll out to 601 and maybe on to Winchester for lunch (Sonic?). I am terrible with logistics so if anyone has any better ideas let me know. I am not an early bird either, so if you guys with kids want to do the Easter egg thing and go later I am cool with that too.

John, any suggestions? I just want to hang out and play with Vipers.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's my cruise route idea. Follow along with your google map gents... I may be available Sat. Hard to tell at this point.

Take rt66w to rt55 at Gainsville or 50 to 15s if leaving from FOW,

Rt55w. to Front Royal via. The Plains,

Rt340s to SR619 (Rivermont Dr.) to SR678 (Fort Valley Rd),

Fort Valley south (this a great road for sports cars) turns into Rt 675 and has possible sand/small gravel? as it passes over the ridge toward Luray,:omg: ... Stop at overlook for BS session..

Take Rt 211 east over the mountain and on to Warrenton... and home via. your road of choice....

Food/gas in Front Royal, Luray, Warrenton...
This may be a bit long for some people. I never counted the miles but it takes 2.5 to 3 hours from my place in Fairfax. :drive:
My .02

I'm also up for little cruise around the block if you'd like to setup a meeting time somewhere.

65cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm up for a drive on either day, just post up details.

Curtis

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on up! :drive:

I'm in the Navy and due to my current job requirement this weekend and pretty much any good weather weekend or car show weekend or weekend in general this year has been set up for us to work. Found out yesterday I will miss every major event this year except Carlisle and being that its in PA that makes it sketchy that I will be there.

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the Navy and due to my current job requirement this weekend and pretty much any good weather weekend or car show weekend or weekend in general this year has been set up for us to work. Found out yesterday I will miss every major event this year except Carlisle and being that its in PA that makes it sketchy that I will be there.

Thanks for your service.:usa::usa:

By the way I would be happy to take your car to any event you want it to attend.... :D

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm, What's Jenro's?

Back to topic.

Alright.... you guys want to say 11am on Sunday at FoW? Maybe follow jdeft's route or some variation thereof?

I'd like to suggest a different meeting point if you'd like to follow my route. I know that FoW is the usual meetup spot but we may enjoy a change this time. Let's meet at the Sheetz in Haymarket, VA. at 11:00am. It's right off Rt.66 at the Rt. 15 exit, about 4-5 miles west of Manassas for those who don't know and easy to get to. Gas, food, coffee can be found there and it's a good spot to head out into western NoVA along Rt. 55. This is the perfect jumping off point for my adventure and puts us in Front Royal at lunch time...

This is just a suggestion..

Who's in?!??

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm in too.

So that's 2 maybe 3 of us by my count...so far.

Let's plan to meet at Sheetz in Haymarket and head out from there!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jenro's is a local restaurant that caters to car clubs. Since the 70's car enthusiasts have been going out there on Saturdays. The downside is the abundance of corvettes and mustangs but the upside is there are many great classic cars that show up out there. Very few high end cars.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Fredericksburg gang will be out Saturday doing our normal lunch. Probably at ******* this week if anyone interested. Likely time is 1 pm but PM if you might come.

As for Sunday I will definitely be out. I'll try to head up that way and meet you guys, but no guarantees. Don't wait up for me unless I give you something more firm. An address might get me there sooner too.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be there. But why Front Royal? Weren't we originally going to end up in Winchester?

I'm thinking along the lines of a cruise not lunch necessarily.. Front Royal has a few spots for sit down lunch but I usually stop in at Subway for a sandwich to go then head out to Fort Valley for a fun ride, but then, It's usually just me and the wife. Looks like a small group so we can figure it out as we go.