Anybody have a "line lock" installed in your brake sys ??

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have a \"line lock\" installed in your brake sys ??

I'm looking to do that mod on my '96 GTS, and I'm wondering which brake like you tap into. Any pictures of yours you can post ??
Thanks !!

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anybody have a \"line lock\" installed in your brake sys ??

Tap into the line closest to the firewall(booster),remove oem line from master cyl. thread in your line lock to the M.C, last, thread your oem line from the proportioning valve back into the linelock unit and of course make your electrical connections,another helpfull hint,Hurst and B&M make a shifter handle with 12 volt button built on to it,good luck..Scott

Flyin Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here's a line lock installed on my '96 RT/10:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1667&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

rolleyes.gif

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What is the benefit of a line-lock on a manual transmission vehicle? I thought the benefit of the line-lock was that you could run up the RPMs while waiting for the tree??

I apologize if this is ignorant of me........ but I am curious!

Lance :confused:

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What is the benefit of a line-lock on a manual transmission vehicle? I thought the benefit of the line-lock was that you could run up the RPMs while waiting for the tree??

Helps control the burn-out to heat the tires w/o damaging the rear brakes.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Burn Out Contest at Car Craft Summer Nationals...

Diamond Dan and his Blue/White GTS are going for the cover! But he's gonna have to get more applause than ME and my ********* car!

CC Summer Nats, July 19th 2003, July 20th 2003, State Fairgrounds, St. Paul, Minnesota....Massive display of horsepower with over 2000 cars attending!

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love a lineloc for drag racing. The reason I use it is two fold one is if you are running slicks and a stick to heat up your tires in the water or bleach box. You loc your front brakes and heat your tires as much as you want without moving and then release your lineloc and let the car drive out of the water keeping the rpms up. 2 When you stage and especially if you deepstage you want to use your lineloc so you do not creep through the lite before the green lite comes on.
I have not used one on my viper.
ed albini

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eagle:

You do not want to stage in the water box, especially with a car that has the torque of a Viper. The water will get into the wheel well and drip down when you are at the tree. I made that mistake (strange track/helmet) because I couldn't judge my distance from the water. I hit the window switch in every gear.

You will never know you have the wheel well wet because you will generate enough heat to give you traction at the burnout. The best method to heat the tires is to back into the water box, one small spin to coat the tires, pull out of the water and hit the line lock, now heat the tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4