Anyone ever put a hitch on their Viper?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a local guy who lived around the corner from me who put a TRAILER HITCH on his beautiful viper.

He is dead now I killed him, for doing it.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't make the Viper sound like a woman! It's a 90's muscle car for street and track, not some 300K ferrari that will melt if a leaf falls on it, or some fancy Vette-Viper wanna-be with heads up display. When I put the hitch on, it didn't take away from the car. In my opinion, it was a more manly car. I didn't worry about a small square chunk of metal being seen from the back under my exhaust. Big deal. First off, I was able to bring tires and tools to the track in order to go faster, and I didn't have to go for thousands for an open or closed trailer, not to mention that the truck I had couldn't pull the car.

True, after a while I went to a open trailer and bought a new truck, but mostly for the convenience of setting the car up at home and then I'm done. Plus, on long 1000-1500 mile trips, I didn't have to put so much mileage on the car.

Oh, and please don't use the word "beautiful" to describe a Viper. Flowers and girls you want to marry are beautiful. Vipers are Cool, Hot, Incredible, Powerful, Wild, or any similar adjective you would like to apply.

Thanks,
Andrew

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay......I was holding out for the first guy who called about it, but I guess he fell off the face of the earth, so anyone who is interested, it's yours.
Seeing as how I have to ship it, and the average hitch, tongue, ball and so on goes for a couple of hundred, and the fact that the hitch and tongue is custom, how's about $300.00? When I took it off my car, I sanded it down and painted it black, so it looks clean. E-mail me and I'll respond with pics. I don't have the time right now to post pics.

Andrew

Destructo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one on untill I went with an open trailer that I pull the car with now. I have the whole set-up available. It connects real easy to the frame. It was custom made. Call me on my cell: (914) 755 5145. If I don't answer, leave a message and I will get back to you. It's been sitting in my garage for a while taking up space.

I have to say, while I had it installed, it worked out great.

Andrew

I know this is resurrecting a really old thread here, but anyone have any info on this hitch? Where did it mount? Any cutting of the bumper cover?