Anyone ever successfully disable/remove their factory alarm? (Gen I)

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory alarm in my Gen I continues to give me problems, where the fuel cutoff gets stuck "on" and the fob won't disable it. This has been happening quite a bit lately (leaving me stranded) and I don't feel like dealing with battery disconnects or grounding green wires every time; I'd rather it just not happen at all.

Numerous posts exist saying replace the car's battery, but my own evidence and consulting with the Wizard himself indicate that the battery is fine.

Chuck said that the best odds for success are to replace both the Alarm module and the Entry module. I'd be fine with this, except I'd rather just be rid of the factory alarm- has anyone ever just flat out disabled their factory alarm and managed to bypass the fuel cutoff, or is this even possible?

Thanks!

evo4g63awd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, all of these threads have been dead for quite awhile. Has anyone been able to answer Magicboy2's question? I as well would like to know.

s55c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start car, leave running,,,, crawl under dash and unplug alarm module and key fob module,,,, turn car off..... I went one further and removed both modules and beat them with a hammer I was so pissed at them,, dam alarm always wants to arm by itself,,, no longer a problem

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte