Anyone have a favorite plug wire?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magnecor.

there are some new wires(don't remember the brand) that a vendor is selling over in the new products section. They are different colors as well.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RSI told me that they found problems magnecor wires so they stopped selling them.

I have MSD wires and i like them

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like someone has a problem with any of the wires. Some like MSD, some like Magnecor, some like Mopar. Hell if I know!

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 10mm MSD's on the viper. I have 10mm Magnecore on my porsche and I have 8.5mm mags on the saab. Both work great. No fav. here. If you want magnecore's, measure the lengths, call magnecore and have them made. Same goes with MSD. That's what I did. Remember to add a half inch or more.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I call Chuck Tator for a couple sets of Mopars and he sends them with the bill and a self addressed stamped envelope.. No muss, no fuss.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like number 3 the best, but 7's pretty good looking also :D

OP
OP
C

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, being an ex-Vette guy, number 9 and 10 are the ones that really stand out for me! :headbang:

I have MSD's now and they just barely grip the plug after only a couple thousand miles so I'll try the Mopar Perf's, so long as they have some for headers with sleeves (straight boots).

Thanks,

Chad

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased and installed a set of the new plug wires that westcoastvipers sells and they look to be a good replacement but I've only driven arou8nd 100 miles so far. I also haven't noticed any noise as a result of these. See the supplier section for more info.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad VPR, I too have MSDs (bought several sets) and agree they barly grip the plug top. The OEs have a nice snap on tight feel, time after time. Looked into the MSDs and it seems the clips to the plug tops have gone outa shape after a few on / offs. I was disappointed.

Reaction score
My Magnacore 10mm wires have been on my 650R for over 42K miles. I run Tube headers w/o heat shields so the wires are subjected to plenty of heat. Still the wires and boots show no deterioration. Magnacore has a great guarantee. They claim to replace a failed Magnacore wire for free.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry bout that the server wasent going when i hit continue so i hit it a few more times and i guess they all took lol sorry

OP
OP
C

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going back to stock wires.

Thanks Chuck Tator and those who helped above.

Chad

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar Blue High Performance Wires!! I went thru 8.5's & 10's Magnecors. Both dry rotted from the heat from headers etc. Mopar still going good, look great, & easier on & off! Plus I got them free from using my Dodge Rewards Visa Points. :2tu: