Anyone have the CALI VCA mats?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Snake Oil has really thick mats too. I've got em, and they don't bunch up or move around, even under my big clodhoppers.

S

SUN RA KAT

They are very good at staying where you put them - they don't slide around.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are well made and don't slip. However, they are not for cars driven very much. The Viper logo is right where your heel rests when driving. It should have been placed back further towards the seat. There are only a few threads left on mine. The logo itself is completely gone. These are high dollar mats and should have taken this into account. Maybe the new ones are better. Mine are 5 years old. The rest of the mat is holding up well. Also my trunk mat is not cut out around the amplifier. It has to be folded up about 2 inches. It's pretty much molded in that shape now.

Steve

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I have two of them on order..how long did it take to get them?

You won't be disappointed. I have them in the SRT10.

Ditto. I ordered the front mats and cargo mat with the Sapphire/ACR logo and they are awesome! Curious thing I sent them a check late January got the mats in less than two weeks and they have yet to cash my check. Club must be rich ...

Shhh ... don't tell Maurice

DG Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AB... I've got them too. Had them for almost 3 years and never had a single problem with them. Never once slid around under my feet.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Cali VCA mats are good, but if someone hasn't had them bunch up, it is because:

1. they haven't driven enough, or
2. they are using clips to hold them in place

Mine bunched up once driven long enough, but they are nice. I have another set that I've had for some time, waiting to put in once I get a set of floormat clips.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Cali VCA mats are good, but if someone hasn't had them bunch up, it is because:

1. they haven't driven enough, or
2. they are using clips to hold them in place

Mine bunched up once driven long enough, but they are nice. I have another set that I've had for some time, waiting to put in once I get a set of floormat clips.

How did you get them to "bunch up"? The mats I have (Northern California VCA-made) are extremely thick and fairly stiff; I can't envision them every "bunching up". I put something like 40,000 to 50,000 miles on the mats in my '95 RT/10 with no "bunching up" in any way. Now, if you get enough dirt/rocks underneath the, they can slide, but thats trivial to fix (i.e., keep your car clean).

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They bunched up eventually just like the stock ones do, i.e., eventually some creasing occurs where the mats turn upward in the floorboard, and that creasing forms a ****. Perhaps you were more careful than I, or whatnot, but obviously from my experience with those mats, it is *possible* that they can bunch up, even if they didn't for you.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They bunched up eventually just like the stock ones do, i.e., eventually some creasing occurs where the mats turn upward in the floorboard, and that creasing forms a ****. Perhaps you were more careful than I, or whatnot, but obviously from my experience with those mats, it is *possible* that they can bunch up, even if they didn't for you.
That might be the reason, then - I had the typical unintended theft-resistant clutch switch on my '95 - such that you couldn't start the car unless you could get the clutch to touch the floorboard (even got a call once from the dealership doing some work on the car that they couldn't get it started, and it was because of the thickness of the floormat preventing the clutch switch from making contact). Soooo.... I always made sure the driver-side mat was pulled all the way back to the seat attachment bolts, and thus never had a chance to form any ****.

On my '00 RT/10, I have a fire extinguisher mounted just forward of the seat, and the mat lays over the extinguisher, which prevents it from moving forward.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4