Anyone have the WCV "Triple Pass" radiator or "Racing" pump?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have the WCV \"Triple Pass\" radiator or \"Racing\" pump?

Car temp is fine on winter, but when it get over 100F here in the desert the stock cooling system has trouble. I was thinking I should do a cooling system upgrade in conjunction with replacing all the air conditioning system o-rings before it gets hot again and found the West Coast Viper "triple pass" radiator and "racing" water pump. Looking for comments from users. Radiator is supposedly bolt in and pump has special inmpeller and overdrive pulley (smaller diameter which reduces serpentine length by about two inches). They also have silicone radiator hoses with burping function.

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone have the WCV

Archer Racing Accessories is a place you should check as well. They sell a Bill Davis racing radiator and upgraded water pump. Talk to John Archer. This is what they put on all their race cars. Don't forget the 180 degree stat.

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Marv I called Ron Davis since they are local and all they have is a single pass replacement radiator with two rows of one inch tubes, 18 fins/inch. It does not have an integral oil cooler. This sounds alot like a Fluidyne. Interesting thing is they gave me a price $400 less than the Archer site lists for a Ron Davis unit. A little more interesting is Archer's unit with integral oil cooler. I know Fat Albert here in Phoenix offers a unit with an integral oil cooler (he says it is a proprietary unit I believed manufacturered for him by Fluidyne - might be same unit Archer sells???) and he swears by it. Lots of options. Not too many clear answers. Plus, I am no cooling expert. Single/double/triple pass? Understand the concept but don't know if it is snake oil or not, and understand it makes sense to get the oil cooler element out from in front of the radiator, but wouldn't the heat still effect the cooling the same if it is intergral in the radiator itself? The oil heat has to go somewhere.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most think the oil cooler can cause higher temp because of the amount of heat brought to it. I have the two row, one inch tubes and it cools great. Check the classifieds or supporters of this site.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960