Anyone put a 6.5 inch in the Doors of Gen 1 car ?

npeifer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I realize it says 5.25 but it appears that the door would accept a 6.5 with a little work ? Anybody done this ??

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yep, it works. As you might have noticed, there are far better sound systems in the 6.5" size. It doesn't take much to enlarge the hole. And.....no window glass to worry about! I had Alpine separates installed in mine last year. Looks and sounds great.

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually I believe you can do it if you install the speaker from the outside of the door without cutting, instead of putting it in from the inside (if that makes sense).

I tried to put some 6.5's in mine, and after deciding not to cut, and putting them into the center woofer spot instead, I was told you could install them from over outside of the hole. Oh well (and that door is so much fun to take apart :)

BTW great taste in Viper models :headbang:

Cal

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 6.5"s in my car, but as you see its not a second gen. The only problem i ran into was mounting depth. Just make sure you have enough space before you buy your speakers, or you will have to have them stick out a bit to fit.