Anyone say "nice Vette" to your Viper?

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone say \"nice Vette\" to your Viper?

Brought the Viper in this morning for the first time and needless to say, the reception area was wall-to-wall with gawkers (I parked right out front). One of my Colonels came in and asked who had the "nice Vette" - I had to politely correct her. And then another person (male) asked if it was the "new Vette" - I said no, it was a Viper and he said it looked like his buddies Vette.

I've had 2 Gen Is and 1 Gen II in the past and never had someone make such a remark. I have no regrets though and love the car...just wish people were more observant!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone say \"nice Vette\" to your Viper?

I get asked if it is a Vette, but no assumptions yet...

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

some guy was at a gas station with his son and pointed at my Viper and said

"Look at the Ferrari son!"

His kid quickly corrected him and said, "Daaaad! It's a Viper! It's on my Playstation"

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Had this happen last week. Young guy with a very glassy look in his eyes comments on what a nice car I have. Then says something about his buddy having a Z06 too. I looked at him and said, "you know, that's not Vette". He responded with "oh, well, yeah, I know". Rrrrriiiiiight. :D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had a little girl point to my gts and scream, "Look mommy... a racecar!!!"

Kids sure are smart these days

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

True story...

We were stopped in wreck traffic last weekend and noticed on the otherside of the guardrail was a truck. We weren't sure if he was stuck or pulled over to fish or why he was there. My friend got out the car to see how far traffic was backed up and the guy asks him "hey man, can you tow me out with your Mustang?" Needless to say, after calling my Viper a Mustang, we didn't tow him out :)

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

some guy was at a gas station with his son and pointed at my Viper and said

"Look at the Ferrari son!"

His kid quickly corrected him and said, "Daaaad! It's a Viper! It's on my Playstation"

PRICELESS!! :2tu:

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Sorry guys, but to non car people the Gen III vipers can look like vettes. I've made the same mistake a few times when I see a Gen III driving towards me on the highway. Obviously once they get close enough I can tell the difference, but from a distance.

I hope I'm not starting the whole "which Gen is best" crap. But as far as styling goes I think the Gen III is most Vette like.

Handy

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry guys, but to non car people the Gen III vipers can look like vettes. I've made the same mistake a few times when I see a Gen III driving towards me on the highway. Obviously once they get close enough I can tell the difference, but from a distance.

I hope I'm not starting the whole "which Gen is best" crap. But as far as styling goes I think the Gen III is most Vette like.

Handy

the gen III is the best of course, GM knew that as well. Thats why they copied DC

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I get that all the time from a small shop owner I go to. He always asks about my "Vette". I corrected him the first time but got tired after awhile so I just talk about my "Vette" with him.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not long after I got my RT/10 I had some guy come up and complement me on my Dodge Stealth. I had to prove to him it was a Viper via the badges before he would believe it was not a Stealth. So a vette mistake is easy for some dimwits.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got it once and just said thank you. I think it's hard for some people to approach others, and the last thing I want to do is make them feel stupid.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

got this at work from a non car lady. "nice vette". i said "thanks" and ducked the topic. rather no one at work know about the viper.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, happens here all the time!! " Saw your Vett on Minnesota Drive yesterday" Was going to get a license plate "NOVETT" but then all would think I wasn't a vetinarian or anti War Veteran. You have to be careful what you pick for a plate. So ended up with SNKBYT and RAYSIR

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Anyone say "nice Vette" to your Viper?

Nope. I have a Gen II for that very reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi