Anyone using AEM Management

Viperrod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently using the AEM fuel management on my 96 GTS.
I need to re-program this to pass emissions.
Iam looking for someone with this who has done some programing.
My current set up has JM stage 3 heads, UGR cam and a Paxton.
This was Matt Chambers car (935RWHP)
It is running extremely rich.
Car running is 6.1 AFR & 22.02 timing
Car not running but key on; 7.91 AFR & 11.83 timing.
The fuel pressure is set at 52psi.
I need to back off the timing and lean the engine out.
This car was programed by UGR.
This AEM program is complicated and I would like to have
2 maps on my laptop( 1 for the street and 1 for the track)
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
Rod

HollywoodGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a guy in Los Angeles which used to work for AEM, he can fly out to where your at. PM me if you would like his contact info.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe the AEM can store 3 programs.

I'd recommend calling UGR and getting them to load the program on a disc? SD chip? and mail it to you so you can take it to YOUR local tuner. I believe the AEM programs are stored in the laptops that created them. You should have received a copy of the program with the car?

I'm running a Vec 2/3 but my buddy was running AEM with his Paxton. I understand the AEM is many tuner's nightmare and the newest technology is SCT tuning. The Vec is tunable with a little knowledge and a laptop. Viper Specialty is probably not too far?

Daniel Lesser
Viper Specialty Performance
VSP Home
(716) 912-5336

If Florida isn't too far Larry Macedo (M@ Motorsports) is down there.

Go back to UGR?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The AEM unit stores and retrieves the program when you connect a laptop to it.

Its only a nightmare to those that have no business trying to use it, if you know how to use the AEM then its the best system out there. You dont get the ability to do everything it can without getting complicated.

Your A/F ratio cant be 6:1 your car would never run, and it cant be 7.91:1 with the car off, unless you can somehow created combustion without a spark, odds are that you have a faulty sensor or something along those lines.

Not sure what kind of emission testing is done in Canada, but if its anything like CA no amount of tuning a car like yours will make it pass the visual.

OP
OP
V

Viperrod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the AEM can store 3 programs.

I'd recommend calling UGR and getting them to load the program on a disc? SD chip? and mail it to you so you can take it to YOUR local tuner. I believe the AEM programs are stored in the laptops that created them. You should have received a copy of the program with the car?

I'm running a Vec 2/3 but my buddy was running AEM with his Paxton. I understand the AEM is many tuner's nightmare and the newest technology is SCT tuning. The Vec is tunable with a little knowledge and a laptop. Viper Specialty is probably not too far?

Daniel Lesser
Viper Specialty Performance
VSP Home
(716) 912-5336

If Florida isn't too far Larry Macedo (M@ Motorsports) is down there.

Go back to UGR?

Can you foward your buddies name and number

OP
OP
V

Viperrod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE

I did receive info from JOHN REED RACING and John was very helpful.
He was very good and prompt to deal with. I did some data logging and my AFR was 13-1/2 while cruising not 6.1
As seen on the AEM forums that there is sometimes a glitch with the AFR with gas displaying methanol readings.
Once I received the template from JRR, I loaded it on my laptop.
I hooked up the laptop to the car and went for a test ride.
I sent the data log off to JRR and John is going to take a look into this for me.
Thanks for all the responses to this thread and
to John at JOHN REED RACING. :2tu:

Rod

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but add another line of inquiry to the AEM thread. Has anyone ever had a problem with the box itself? We've been through just about everything mechanical, wires, O2s etc and the car still runs like crap. On the dyno the A/F is god, curves are perfect, but the power is down about 10% from what it should be. I'm wondering if I have a fried board n the AEM module or something?

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but add another line of inquiry to the AEM thread. Has anyone ever had a problem with the box itself? We've been through just about everything mechanical, wires, O2s etc and the car still runs like crap. On the dyno the A/F is god, curves are perfect, but the power is down about 10% from what it should be. I'm wondering if I have a fried board n the AEM module or something?

I had a problem with the charging circuit in mine. Sometimes, without warning or pattern it would prevent the alternator from charging. Replaced the box, and fixed the problem.

EDIT I see you are in Il. Do you ever make any of the meetings? I would like to see how your laptop settings are to monitor your functions.......need help setting mine .

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I may have the same issue, my battery doesn't charge the way it should.....

I moved to Atlanta but never changed the avatar. I used to make the Fudd's meetings in Roselle when i was there, but unless you're in GA, our cars are not likely to be in the same neighborhood. Sorry.