Anyone using the Hossier road race tires on their rears?

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Fred says. The first time I bolted on a set of track tires the sense that was most affected was hearing. You'd be amazed how many little stones are flipped into the fender linings and underside of the car driving down what seems like a clean street. Minor point, the main issues are:

- Hoosiers are intended for the track and are highly susceptible to hazards, a simple piece of metal in the road can cut these tires because of the soft compound and light-weight construction. I used to bolt-up R-compound tires and drive to the track until I learned of a major blow-out (trailer purchase excuse #17
smile.gif

- They are shipped with tread:
You must be registered for see images

but very quickly lose (nearly) all evidence thereof and become slicks -- the highway patrol will have no hesitance in writing you up if given the chance.

- With no tread, wet roads are a major hazard.

- Though they cost similar to a pilot sport, they have no where near the staying power, conservatively driven (yeah, like that's gonna happen with that much stick) I'm guessing they'd probably be good for 2-4k miles.

But hey, I know a handful of guys who run track tires on the street and love them.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>With all the power my DLM car is making I want some more traction.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think the answer lies in the judicious application of the right foot
smile.gif

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard the Hoosiers have a "delicate" sidewall.

I've also heard the Kumho 700's may be the sticky tire to run on the street.... if you have 17's.

There is a certain amount of economy to running 17's....

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is a bad idea. Use the Pilots. Hoosier R3SO3s are for the track. I tried em on the street and spent a long time waiting around with a flat tire. Whatever you do always run same tire all around.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told early on,BAD IDEA.The rocks are annoying and you think your entire car is being sandblasted.You can cut 1.8's at the track,average driver.If you wanna try for cheap i've still got a set of 4,18" like new,how bout $300.8mts ago they cost me $1200.

Reaction score
Hossiers are good for track and autocross use. They are sticky and through rocks on the street and dangerous when wet.

If you use them, put them on all four corners.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant