Anyone with PCM Programming from West Coast Viper?

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone has had their PCM re-progammed by West Coast Viper, with a stock or mildy modified Generation 2 Viper?

I am interested in doing this, and just looking for feedback.

Does anyone know if this would void DC warranty?

Thanks

1KoolAsp 14TA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI CHRIS WE E MAILED EACH OTHER ON THIS ISSUE I HAVE IT BACK AND INSTALLED IT BACK HAVE NOT DRIVEN IT DUE LOUSY WEATHER HERE IN NY.YES I DO BELIVE IT WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY IT IS FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY.WILL POST WHEN WEATHER CLEARS LOOKS LIKE BY THE WEEKEND.REGARDS JEFF

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have already responded on the "New Parts and Suppliers" section of the forum that originally started with an informational piece from Jason at West Coast. Mine's a '99GTS, tubes/filters, Corsa 3" w/ Random Tech Hi Flo cats, 3.55 gears. New PCM from West Coast has a very noticeable jump, especially from 2nd gear up. Car just really explodes, feels considerably quicker with the PCM doctored. Only driven the car about 100 miles since the change was made (lousy weather here as well), but feels like the $500 was well worth it. Jason seems to really know his stuff! I'd get it done based on my quick testing. Good luck!

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I just installed my PCM Friday, and the car feels awesome in the 2,500-4,500 range. I also enjoy the skip shift being disabled.
:)
I was waiting to post results after I dyno again.
:laugh:

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, but doesn't West Coast Viper send it to Ron Zimmer for reprogramming? That's where "you know who" used to send his ECMs for reprogramming. I'm not aware of anybody else having the capability (or license) to reprogram the ECUs.

I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will let me know.

-------------
2000 Black RT/10
Heffner 1000SCi 843 rwhp 792 rwtq 10.20 ET @ 141 MPH
Heffner Performance - Home of the World's First 9-second supercharged Viper!

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of my knowledge, Jason does them in-house, he did mine in a matter of 4 days, there and back.
:cool:
There's a thread over in the new product/supplier forum about it all.
:)

OP
OP
C

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
-Hello again Jeff....Look forward to hearing your feedback! Hope the weather gets better for you!

-Thanks tzoid!

OP
OP
C

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam, Thanks.

I look forward to seeing you new dyno numbers! Do you plan on getting it dynoed soon?

Thanks again.

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just noticed this thread, sorry for not chiming in until now. We most definatley do the flashing in house. I have read some threads where some other tuner (on another viper forum board) claimed that we sent them out to do the work. Nothing can be further from the truth. I have personally done each PCM flash (except for the Gen1 unit I sent out to jetchip once) and while I am far from perfect, I am the only one doing it that I know of. Ron Zimmer (Zindustries) may be getting back in the biz of flashing, but from my last conversation with him, he was not currently promoting it. (It can be very straining work, the code starts to look like the opening screen on the matrix after a while) I can do the best flash for someone when their car is on our dyno, but doing it through the mail is getting better and I re-flash for free if I miss the 'mark'

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still waiting (!!!!) to get my Viper in next week for some exhaust work and dyno time so we can see what Jason's handiwork does when coupled with a VEC1.

Jason, I swear that it really is going in next week. Everything finally arrived so we're good to go - I'll have baseline before and after (replacing the pcm on the dyno itself actually and doing back to back to back runs). Will keep you aprised.

SammyV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my PCM reprogrammed by Jason @ West Coast Viper. I noticed a big differance at first drive,much smoother,less black sutton my rear bumper and much better throttle responce! I had installed a 180 deg. thermostat so Jason was able to program my fans to come on 15 degs. earlier. I ran @ Putnam Park this past weekend and the car never got hot. The temp gage never went more than one needle width past the three slath marks @ twelve o'clock on the guage! I would guess an easy 30ish lb. ft. of torque in the mid range and 15 to 20 hp. on top end! The best money I've spent! Thanks Jason!!! SammyV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi