Anything special about viper red??

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im getting my front bumper painted and was wondering if the paint is hard to mix/find or more expensive.I want to prepare myself before i find someone to paint it.Also my previous car was red and i had someone paint a hood for me and there where like 8 different shades of red to choose from for that year vehicle.Would this be a issue for mine to?Its a 03 vert. Thanks.:)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"Anything Special?" A recent "POLL" says it aint special !!!! (Even tho the most popular)

ONE 'SHADE" Viper Red Clearcoat is an 'easy' color to match. Get references on your body shop. Painting ON THE CAR or OFF? There is a measure of 'flex additive' in the bumper covers too. And dont forget to specify to have it clear-coated. Dont buy cheap Sherwin-williams auto paint... pay a bit more for the good-stuff
Your profile is blank. Where are you?

If you were a VCA member you could ask your local chapter for references!
($115 for Nov 08 thru Dec 09. 14 mos. Priceless.) http://www.viperclub.org/regions/vcamembershipapplication.pdf

If you are in MI, AutoForm can paint a perfect match....they do it almost every day!

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the bodyshop accross from my place of work can repaint a blue scale 1:43 to Viper Race Yellow (masked off engine bay and all!) then one near your place can certainly paint your front bumper ;)
There was only 1 shade of red available in 03, I don't know about any shades however. I DO know that the color for my Calibra does not have just one E262 Baikalblau paint code but several slightly different variations that have their own sub-code.

OP
OP

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Anything Special?" A recent "POLL" says it aint special !!!! (Even tho the most popular)

ONE 'SHADE" Viper Red Clearcoat is an 'easy' color to match. Get references on your body shop. Painting ON THE CAR or OFF? There is a measure of 'flex additive' in the bumper covers too. And dont forget to specify to have it clear-coated. Dont buy cheap Sherwin-williams auto paint... pay a bit more for the good-stuff
Your profile is blank. Where are you?

If you were a VCA member you could ask your local chapter for references!
($115 for Nov 08 thru Dec 09. 14 mos. Priceless.) http://www.viperclub.org/regions/vcamembershipapplication.pdf

If you are in MI, AutoForm can paint a perfect match....they do it almost every day!

Im located in West Virginia.Its hard to find a good bodyshop around here that actually knows what the @#ll they are doing:(
I just have to hope for the best when they are done.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there should be a piant code with letters and #rs and the body shop will be able to match it,good luck

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told it's the same code from 2003- 2008. I think the paint shop said the Gen II's were the same too. Should be easy to match.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but I am feeling this thread is biased toward red being the best and fastest?? :dunno:

Must be somthing in the title. :hmmm:;)

:D:D:D:D:D

Robert

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 screws under hood, 7 attaching bumper to underside, 3 at each inner fender. Disconnect fog lamps and pull. If that doesn't work tie it off to tree, put in reverse and drop the clutch:) Seriously, it's fairly simple. Hope this helps

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything special about Viper red??

Yeah, with any red sports car you are more likely to be pulled over by the cops. I thought my father when he told me that until I owned a red Mustang and a dark green one.

Sorry if I missed the objective of the question...LOL

OP
OP

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 screws under hood, 7 attaching bumper to underside, 3 at each inner fender. Disconnect fog lamps and pull. If that doesn't work tie it off to tree, put in reverse and drop the clutch:) Seriously, it's fairly simple. Hope this helps

I love the way a viper is put together.Very simple!Unlike those foreign peices of junk its really bolt on bolt off.No hidden secrets so we cant work on them.;)Now the latch thing? how do i get to it? Top or bottom or mid way.Thanks.