ARROW REBUILD

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at my local Dodge dealer this afternoon and the Viper tech told me that Chrysler is no longer having Arrow Racing do their engine rebuilds under warranty. They're having everything done in-house now.

While I wasn't too happy to learn that my engine would have to be pulled and sent to Detroit, I think in retrospect that Arrow has the staff and technical facilities to provide a better end product.

Any thoughts???

Don

OP
OP
D

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ARROW REBUILD

Not sure about when.......Just heard about it this afternoon.

Is yours being done under warranty? It may be limited to warranty work.

Don

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

all rebuild go through this procedure. the motor you get back will be stronger than you can imagine and worth the wait. FOLLOW THE BREAK IN PROCDURE WHEN YOU GET IT BACK! OIL CHANGE 200 miles and the rpm guidlines and you will be so happy!

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Well, I know how I feel about this one. My car is an arrow rebuild in 1997. Wouldn't you know it, in 2003 it looks like the head gasket is acting up again.

Good sources tell me that Arrow didn't upgrade the gaskets on the early rebuilds, they just rebuilt with the same that came from the factory. In other words they just replaced the clock on the ticking time bomb.

If you are asking me , I have ZERO faith in Arrow.

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My '93 was rebuilt by Arrow for head gasket leaks in the fall of 1999. This year, antifreeze was leaking again. I learned that the old style head gaskets were used since Chrysler had only recently (~18 mos. ago ?) made the improved head gaskets available for Gen I motors. I believe that Chrysler is to be blamed for this mistake & not Arrow. We will soon be hearing from a lot of dissatisfied owners who thought that their problem was solved with the rebuild. Chrysler should do a recall of all Gen I's for the installation of the correct head gaskets. This would be the only fair thing for them to do.
I now have the 4th set of head gaskets on my motor.
Maybe they have finally found a solution to their mistake.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wow a 4th set? Ouch. I am not the original owner so I may not have a claim here, but I am curious to hear from the rest of Gen I VCA. Are we all stuck? Is there a precedence for recalls on older, out of warranty cars?

Understanding that some of you have never had a problem, but does anyone know the percentage of Gen I cars that have had head gasket issues?

How can they get away with replacing a defect, with another defect? Just borrowing time until our cars are out of warranty.

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wow a 4th set? Ouch. I am not the original owner so I may not have a claim here, but I am curious to hear from the rest of Gen I VCA. Are we all stuck? Is there a precedence for recalls on older, out of warranty cars?

Understanding that some of you have never had a problem, but does anyone know the percentage of Gen I cars that have had head gasket issues?

How can they get away with replacing a defect, with another defect? Just borrowing time until our cars are out of warranty.

Funny you should say that.. Since that is what my Viper tech quoted me.. Easier to repair the ones that go out till the warranty runs up rather than recall em and fix the problem.

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK...Spoke with Arrow this morning and they are still doing the engines...At least they're doing mine. And It hasn't been shipped yet.

We'll see.

Alan Patterson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Arrow rebuilt my old 96 RT-10 engine due to the gasket problem (on warranty) I guess they did an OK job on the motor, but a few months after getting the car back from the dealer one of the right side spark plugs "blew out". Upon further checking all the plugs on the right side were loose, only about 1/4 inch of threads held them in place... all the plugs were fine on the other side. Bottom line, Arrow can make mistakes so you might want to re-check some of the plugs, bolts, etc. after they (or any other rebuilders) return the engine.

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All I am going to tell you guys is that there IS NO BETTER viper engine builders than ARROW.. Why do you blame them for the gasket problem that DC enginered. They can only use the parts supplied by the manufacturer. Also I know that Arrow ships engines in crates back to wherever they came from. Any competent mechanic would know to check things like spark plugs, oil filter,oil drain plug etc. Arrow also ships engines without oil. So if the installer forgets to put oil in the car when they install the engine, I suppose you think that that would be Arrows fault as well..Arrow is the only certified warranty repair facility for the VIPER in the USA. UMMMMMM theres a reason for that. Oh and just so you know. McLaren engineering does alot of the R&D for the VIPER engine so lets blame them too. Maybe you should put the blame where it should go and not TRASH talk about people who are here to help us VIPER owners.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Over the years I have had about 30 engines done by the engine warranty center. Never a single problem. I have visited Arrow and have seen the pride and attention to detail these crafts people put into the work they do. Every engine they do is run in and qualified.
I applaude these people and kudos to DC for going the extra mile for the viper owner. I am very impressed.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very happy with the rebuild, What I wasn't happy with was the 3.5 month wait. And the fact that they kept a brand new (200 mile) set of magnacore wires, my polished throttle bodies and gave me some beat up valve covers. But the motor runs great and has the updated head gaskets. The rebuild was done 2 years ago this month.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They said that those were my original covers. Even though the dealer had digi pics of the motor sitting in the shipping crate ready to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang