Ashtray use for the non smoker

wiplash

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stuck my garage door opener in the ashtray. Great place for it, easy to use and out of site. Linear is the maker of the remote and the ashtray is MTW I think. Took some mods to rubber in the ashtray, remote had to have the keyring loops shaved off, 30 minutes with a hacksaw. hopefully photos are attached.
Also recently went with high flow cats, can not say enough about that mod, cooler cab, sid sills can be touched, also vented the side sills behind front tires.

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool mod

i also use a key chain remote, but can't give up my ashtray cubby :D

what sill vent cover did you use? pics? (i'm about to vent mine - we hit the 90's this week :crazy2: )

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's pretty keel like it

I keep hairbands on mine....in case I roll down the windows haha

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's a tiny garage door opener
mine is old and the size of a small brick
I need to get me one of those :D

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan on designing a mount for my gps system that rests in that tray.

OP
OP
W

wiplash

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not noticed any signal loss, but also do not use until in driveway. cracks me up all the different uses of that little hole.
The sill vents I did myself. You do not notice them unless you know to look for them.
Anyone interested I will snap some photos and send. I drilled 3 pairs of 5/16 holes and connected them with 5/16 slots to make three slots. Set them parallel with middle one the longest and outside ones a little shorter than middle but the same length as eachother with all rotated 45degrees. Cleaned it up with round and flat files, painted cut edges black from inside the side sill. Do not have any debris guards, only shortcoming I think.
I am still amazed how much cooler those things are and how cooler the cab is. Long drives your leg would get hot just touching on the inside, not anymore, you can touch the sills right at the cat, feels hot but you can hold your hand on it. No way before this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96