Audio battery adapter?

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm currently installing a better sound system, and want to mount one of the amplifiers against the back of the trunk in my GTS.

It seems to fit rather nice, but I just need to know if I can make 2 small holes in de body to secure the amplifier, refering to the photo below: (I mean the grey area near the bottom)

You must be registered for see images attach

I also run a positive wire through to the battery, but what kind of battery clamp do people use? I do not live in the USA, so its kinda hard to find clamps for batteries with a side mount.

Any help would be much appreciated! :headbang:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There may be a gap between the bumper cover - the cosmetic part to the outside - and the structural fiberglass to the inside. Push real hard outside and see if you feel some give. That would be your gap for screw ***********.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like there'd be a gap between the inside of the support and the cosmetic outside...but I wasn't sure so I built a box that fits in that space and used the box to secure the amp. Just food for thought. If you have a small amp that will totally fit in that space it'd be a pretty clean way to go. If you go for it, be careful!

DSC_0121.JPG

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you can drill a few small holes in that area like Dave said. Just becareful not to go to far. If you remove the taillights you might have enough room to get a wrench in there and tighten down a bolt from either direction, but it will be tough.

Here is a picture of a Viper without the body.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
N

nutkees

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yesterday I drilled two small holes, plenty of room behind it and only need to use twoo small screws to secure the amplifier.

Will post pics when finished!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kennymac