auto cross tires

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know tires have been hammered to death here, but, Superdavz and I are looking to buy tires for the auto cross only. No street use, just to try to run with some of the corvette owners around here and do a decent job. We are both new to auto cross and have no idea what to look for. Any help?

OP
OP
V

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 710's are only available in a 315 size for 18" rims. How would those perform compared to 335's?

Alan Patterson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kumho 710's are worth a second or two on a 45 autocross course vs Hoosiers (based on the corvettes last year) I recently went to 17inch rear wheels to allow use of the Kumho 335-35-17 tire. I'm using the 315-35-18's on the front. No data yet, will race on them in 2 weeks...

S

SUN RA KAT

Tony, are you and Dave thinking about the Miami Valley Sports Car Club? They do autocross at Wright State University about once per month in the big parking lot. It's a lot of fun.

http://www.MiamiValleySCC.com

If you want to run twice per month, the Western Ohio Region of the SCCA runs autocrosses at Kil-Kare Speedway once per month for a total of twice if you do both.

http://www.worscca.org/

I was only able to go 1/3 throttle in second gear before the rear Michelins broke loose too bad to run harder last year.

OP
OP
V

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
does anyone have an idea of the performance difference between the 315 and 335 on the rear. Would it be a major difference in handling?
Alan: lets us know how you do.

OP
OP
V

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenny, Dave and I want to run what ever we can. There is a new series supposed to have a meeting soon at ******* in Centerville I believe