Autocrossing on 315s...

bwagman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone really cares much for the autocross (I've posted before about autocrossing with not much feedback), but I thought I would share this little bit of info. I have a 2000 GTS. I use Gen 1 rims with 315s in the rear and 275s up front on Kumho Victo Racers. Traction is unbelievable even with the drop from 335 down to 315. Of course they are R compound tires so they will stick better then any 335 street tire. I went with the 315 rear setup simply because of price. It's a couple hundred $$ cheaper then the 18" factory setup. Yes, they look a little lost with the decrease in rim size; not as appealing as 18s with 335s. So if you're into the show, that's probably not a good option, but if you're into the GO, and your cost conscious this is a great option. I have done well against much more autocross appropriate cars like STi/Evo and various BMWs.

Here's a link for a small preview of me at last week's autocross

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/akkordracer/?action=view&current=Viper.flv

If anyone's interested there is another autocross at Giant's Stadium this weekend. Sorry, I know this should be posted under events, but I'm not allowed because I'm not a VCA member.

Ben

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we run the 710's, 335 in the rear and 315 in the front. As you indicate great autocross setup, they stick in the corners, but, they **** out of the gate.