b&b exhaust question

RON98GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello. I just put the B&B exhaust on my GTS. I went with the no cats system and I was wondering if anyone thinks that the afterburner styled flames I get out the back when I let off are totally normal? I think it looks kind of neat, but it will sustain a yellow flame for about 2 seconds and then go to a blue bunson burner color before I step on the gas again. Just thought I would check.

By the way, this exhaust terribly loud and annoying and upsets people everywhere I go. Its absoulutely perfect!! :headbang: <font color="red"> </font>

Godsize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might try posting this question in the general forum. I know this is a performance oriented question but as you can see by the posting dates there is not much turnover and/or traffic.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have cats and have a Hennessy exhaust - which is very similar to the B&amp;B.

Flames are normal and I'm sure my neighbors love my exhaust note with the heads, cam, 510 stroker motor. :headbang:

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my B&amp;B with random techs were loud enough to P1ss off all the neighbors
to the point i put stock cats back on.
i can image it with no cats.
no christmas cards for you from the neighbors this year...LOL!

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
many people on road followed me and stopped me, telling me your car on fire :D lol, so its normal for a B&amp;B catless setup. :2tu:

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with B &amp; B. Flame throwing is totally normal on a Viper without cats. Every VRL racecar, including the Comp Coupes with stock exhaust manifolds, throw flames. This is a pretty obvious tell-tale sign to the local police that you don't have a legal exhaust system. Whoever actually removed the cats could be in hot water if you are caught on the street.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Frank,
I have a TNT setup without Cats and flames are the norm coming off a lead footed takeoff! Just don't do the "blast off in front of "Jonnie Law"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc