Barrett-Jackson

pgbeek

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THERE WAS A 2002 VIPER THAT SOLD LAST NIGHT ON BARRETT-JACKSON FOR $69,000.00. Did anyone else see this. My friend sent me this email.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, either B-J is back to stupid-insane-prices or our cars are comin' back!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The BJ bidders get to see the car close up for inspection before bidding which gives them that cozy feeling. Plus the free drinks to loosen the wallet and possibly having them on tv only adds to higher prices. There is a 10% commision on top of this plus the expense of getting it home and then paying the sales tax.:omg:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 2002 RT/10 with 6k or so miles, for $75k. That is not only sick, but totally unreasonable no matter what the condition. There are any number of RT's in the club that (I'm sure) are equal to or better than the condition of that one...and pricing would be far more reasonable...as in $40's or even high $30's.

I was gray and not that many were made, but that should only bring a few more thousand and only from someone nuts for gray!:crazy2:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
B-J stupid money strikes again:omg: (even though this is a re-run....thx Chad for noting)

aquaholic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont be haters!! just cause he paid what it was worth to him doesnt give the haters the right to slam him for doing so. if that was your car that sold you'd be singing another tune.

forexx4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aquaholic, the guys are not "hating."
They are just stating the obvious: The dude was !%#&ing stupid for paying that amount.

aquaholic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
barrett jackson sold danny ganns's 2000 GTS for $75,000 here in vegas about 2 months ago, i say maybe other peoples vipers are worth more than others. soo eveyone that owns a viper right now on these forums would sell thier cars cheaper??or would they take the extra money? thats the poll= would you sell at todays terrible market to be fair and take 30k for a 60k car or would you take 70k and run???

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half the bidders at B-J are sh!tfaced by that point in the night...I've always wondered how much hungover buyers remorse there is the next day with those auctions ;)

Jim

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with aqua. There's no sense in bashing people for paying big $$ for Vipers. I wish all Vipers sold for that $$. This crap of basically donating them to the next owner blows. Yes, she (it was a female buyer I think) paid way more than market value, but I'm glad she did. If anyone wants to pay big $$ for mine, its for sale. I'll then go find someone wanting to give theirs away :D

BigJag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the BJ auction in Vegas back in September. My first time at BJ and it was a blast. Some of the cars were good buys and went cheaper than I would have expected and some went for more than expected. A few went for what seemed like stupid money but for the most part prices were reasonable. Not too many people s faced like somewhere here indicated. 3 Vipers went through and 2 of them went for about market value. The Danny Ganz Viper went for over market. I bought a 69 Hemi Roadrunner and no buyers remorse here. I can't wait to go to another BJ event.:2tu:

aquaholic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with aqua. There's no sense in bashing people for paying big $$ for Vipers. I wish all Vipers sold for that $$. This crap of basically donating them to the next owner blows. Yes, she (it was a female buyer I think) paid way more than market value, but I'm glad she did. If anyone wants to pay big $$ for mine, its for sale. I'll then go find someone wanting to give theirs away :D

THANK YOU, FINALLY A VIPER OWNER THAT ACTUALLY GETS IT. theres another member on here bashing my ACR - has never seen it or drove it and starts lowballing it and thinks its cool cause "thats the market" all of a sudden cause its not in his price point its a piece of junk not worth what im asking. can't just back out but has the bash it instead.