Best corsa price? ready to buy...

atbardach

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who has the best corsa price for a 2005 SRT? I'm ready to buy, but Partsrack doesn't take American Express.

So, who has the best price and wants some business?

Andrew

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Partsrack is a high volume store and they don't take AMEX? I know AMEX is difficult on merchants but by all means high volume businesses need to offer it to their customers!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of merchants do not like taking American Express because they take +/- 5% off the top. (That is how they can offer a "cash back" for using the AX card.

Most people that have AX also have a Mastercard or Visa they could use instead. (Smaller fee to the merchant)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Who has the best corsa price for a 2005 SRT? I'm ready to buy, but Partsrack doesn't take American Express. So, who has the best price and wants some business? Andrew

Please order on our website. We will take your check, VISA, MASTER, or you can walk into any BofA and make a payment WITH A CASH DISOUNT!

Or. use your AMEX on our site anyway! We take it...we are fully appointed.... we just dont advertise it! Why? AX skims 4.8%, while VISA-MASTER take ~2%. Our profit margins on many items are INCREDIBLEY low at just 5% ! On a case-by-case we will take Amex, and on CORSA its OK. THANKS ALL.

deam: If a merchant has to absorb 5% to pay for your frequent flyer miles, the TRUE MINIMUM PRICE is higher. We offer cash discounts, VCA and Venom disounts, while AX wants 4.8% off the top. The LOWEST PRICE cannot include an AMEX 5% skim..........

Last edited:

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got a set of magna-flow exhaust I'd take $500+shipping for that came off an '04 car...PM me if interested...

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
deam: If a merchant has to absorb 5% to pay for your frequent flyer miles, the TRUE MINIMUM PRICE is higher. We offer cash discounts, VCA and Venom disounts, while AX wants 4.8% off the top. The LOWEST PRICE cannot include an AMEX 5% skim..........

Thats the whole point of being an AMEX merchant, offering a variety of options is best for any business, from my experience most people use visa/mastercard, every now and then I have to the swallow the 5%(rounded) and just deal with it, knowing I didn't just sell my services, but possibly earned their future business.

BTW the rewards system is not as wonderful as everyone thinks(racking up points for plasma tv's etc) takes ALOT of purchases, even with the centurion or business AMEX, the point system is OK, However the concierge, spending power, customer service, and return policy is top notch. It's why I make 99% of my purchases with AMEX. :)

OP
OP
A

atbardach

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only make online purchases with my Amex due to the perceived added security and the fact that Amex will fight with a merchant if there is a problem. Moreover, Amex doubles the manufacture warranty on many products (not auto parts) when you purchase the product with an Amex.

Finally, I have 20+ employees that I give gift cards during the holidays. By making all of my business purchases on the Amex, I am able to use the points and obtain maximum value when exchanging them versus getting an overpriced plasma tv.

Thanks for the feedback...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only make online purchases with my Amex due to the perceived added security and the fact that Amex will fight with a merchant if there is a problem. Moreover, Amex doubles the manufacture warranty on many products (not auto parts) when you purchase the product with an Amex.

All of those benefits are paid for by the merchant.
My online company has accepted Amex since we started in 1997 with the online portion of our business. You have to. Better to lose another 2% on a sale, than lose the sale itself. In most online businesses, the difference between one merchant and another can come down to small things like this.

In point of fact, Visa and Mastercard are more difficult for a merchant to deal with in a chargeback situation in one sense. When a customer does a chargeback aganst a merchant for whatever reason, Visa and MC remove the funds from the merchants account immediatly and refund the customer. Then the ball is in the merchants court to prove their side of the dispute, but the customer has the money back (although temporarily hopefully). Amex does not remove the funds, they ask for the merchants side of the dispute and then weighs the evidence to determine a resolution.

BTW- You guys paying 5% from Amex are getting hosed. We pay 3.75% on Amex mail order sales. They tried to bump it up a few years ago, and we gave them the option of leaving it where it is, or we will no longer accept Amex. (Fortunately the merchant has some leverage with Amex unlike Visa or MC which you HAVE to accept). They decided to leave the rate as is.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Credit card companies also charge a higher fee for their service depending on the level of security.
A personally swiped card is the lowest fee.
Cost more if it is keyed in manually.
Costs more if it is taken over the phone.
Costs the most for internet orders without the security code on the back, or if ship to and bill to are different.

Reaction score
I use AE on 99.99% or all my purchases, business & personal.
If I find a merchant that doesn't accept AE, I begrugingly use my Visa account.
I hardly ever use cash, and never a debit card.
I like their AE rewards program, and currently have 550,000 points.
They don't double the warranty, but add a year to the warranty.
Depending our your membership, they also have other protections for the first 90-days after purchase if something gets broken, lost or stolen.
And if you have to dispute something, they are the best, bar none.
I never leave home without it.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of those benefits are paid for by the merchant.
My online company has accepted Amex since we started in 1997 with the online portion of our business. You have to. Better to lose another 2% on a sale, than lose the sale itself. In most online businesses, the difference between one merchant and another can come down to small things like this.

In point of fact, Visa and Mastercard are more difficult for a merchant to deal with in a chargeback situation in one sense. When a customer does a chargeback aganst a merchant for whatever reason, Visa and MC remove the funds from the merchants account immediatly and refund the customer. Then the ball is in the merchants court to prove their side of the dispute, but the customer has the money back (although temporarily hopefully). Amex does not remove the funds, they ask for the merchants side of the dispute and then weighs the evidence to determine a resolution.

BTW- You guys paying 5% from Amex are getting hosed. We pay 3.75% on Amex mail order sales. They tried to bump it up a few years ago, and we gave them the option of leaving it where it is, or we will no longer accept Amex. (Fortunately the merchant has some leverage with Amex unlike Visa or MC which you HAVE to accept). They decided to leave the rate as is.

I agree. I never in my life heard Amex taking out 5% from a merchant. I still only get 3% out on an Amex charge, they never tried bumping me up.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
AMEX

Credit card companies also charge a higher fee for their service depending on the level of security.
A personally swiped card is the lowest fee.
Cost more if it is keyed in manually.
Costs more if it is taken over the phone.
Costs the most for internet orders without the security code on the back, or if ship to and bill to are different.

100% correct. If you are standing in my shop and swiping the card slot, AMEX is 3%.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Brother you are so right! I have only had 2 chargebacks, 1 was Visa and was Amex. With the VISA you get the notification via letter around the same time you note your merhant bank account has been raided!

As you said with amex the dispute resolution center is very helpful.

We accept AMEX but don't advertise it as well. However in order to close a sale we do accept. As someone else mentioned, its soooo competitive out there (especially for e-commerce).

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. I never in my life heard Amex taking out 5% from a merchant. I still only get 3% out on an Amex charge, they never tried bumping me up.

2.99% here... all online sales. I actually went and double checked when I heard 5%. In the end only about 5% of our sales are AmEx so it doesn't really impact margins all that much verses V/MC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc