Best way to get Swirls out

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Liquid Glass PTFE-6

I ordered the carbon/PTFE-6 kit and after I give it a whirl I'll post some pics and let you guys know what I think about it. I've used Zaino for years and lately have put Menzerna on a couple of cars so I have a basis for comparison.

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
May I suggest using Liquid Glass Pre-Cleaner.it is the finest available in this country for removing swirls and scratches.It also removes hi-lo spots,minor acid rain etchings,pigmentation seperation,rust and oxidation on brightwork and does a fine job of cleaning and producing a mirror finish with just about no effort.Then I recommend using Liquid Glass polish/finish since its main ingredient is crystal clear carbon(same element found in diamonds) and produces a finish so brilliant you'll get admirers pulling up next to you at traffic lights to ask why your car looks like a "mirror with four wheels".I know I can vouch for these products as I have used them for 21 years now.I tried the rest;now I use the best.I own a 1997 [******] Venom 650-R Formula 1 in blue with white stripes. The car radiates and glows under high intensity street lights.Try it.You'll be AMAZED!
Joisey J

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try call :2tu: ing Liquid Glass corporate;not the website phone number.The website is handled by another division of Liquid Glass located many miles away from corporate.The phone number at corporate where the scientists and chemists are located is 201-387-6755 or toll free at 1-800-548,5307.You can speak with the chief scientist who developed this "Holy Grail of Appearance Chemical Products" called Liquid Glass Carbon/PTFE-6.He is a very personable fellow and has over 25 years in the International scientific community in development of eveything liquid including but not limited to automotive,aircraft,marine and industrial appearance chemicals.I hear he is considered the most intelligent man in the world in his field.I spoke to him for almost an hour.
Call him and be amazed at what you can learn about PROFESSIONAL DETAILING.If Ferrari in Italy retained him then this is a rave as they retain NOONE.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: swirl removal

onerareviper, I drive mine way more than most and wash it EVERY time i drive it just about. after 4-5 washes, it loses that wet look.

They sell a spray to give it a fresh look, so you may want to give that a shot. I drive my Viper a lot as well, although I probably do not wash it as much as you. I wash it about once every 1-2 weeks. I assume you use the Zaino Car Wash detergent, as not doing so may limit the durability (at least that's what they say). To be honest, I haven't used Zaino on the Viper in a while. But when I did, it seemed very durable. The water still beeded like crazy after 3-4 months, and bugs,etc.. came of easily. Still seemed to be protecting the car. As far as a 'just detailed' appearance, well, I would say it lost a little luster after all that time. But it still looked really good. My main problem with Zaino was its inability to remove/fill minor swirls. Sure, after 5-10 coats they began to disappear, but this was too much work IMO. Therefore, I gave Meguires NXT a shot. Here's the good: The shine is every bit as nice as Zaino for the first month (if not a little better), and it fills 95% of minor swirls with 1 coat. Goes on and comes off very easily. The bad: It last about 1/3 the amount of time Zaino does. After about 2 months, you need to polish.

Pick your poison. Both are great products IMO. But I am all for trying something new that takes things to another level. I still need to try the Menterza (sp?) and the Pinnacle Wax.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i always used the BS zaino wash,spray stuff and it goes away fast. this stuff i told you guys about has held up perfectly. im not gonna tell you it will save the viper from asteroids or anything but for a wax it is SUPERIOR to zaino.

zaino had its run, now its time to try something new. im just a user of the stuff and NOT a salesman for them. its just MY opinion.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i always used the BS zaino wash,spray stuff and it goes away fast. this stuff i told you guys about has held up perfectly. im not gonna tell you it will save the viper from asteroids or anything but for a wax it is SUPERIOR to zaino.

zaino had its run, now its time to try something new. im just a user of the stuff and NOT a salesman for them. its just MY opinion.

Heck, I'll give a new product a shot. I'm curious though, what products did you use before Zaino? The reason I ask is because I've only found one other product that is as durable as Zaino - Collinite Superduty Wax. Did you find any other products superior in durability to Zaino before this new stuff?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

best was mothers before xaino but now i have NO use for that BS product. try it, you will like the results i think. I wish i had before pics to show you guys but pics really never show enough. I can only talk from MY experience with zaino and this new ptfe stuff. its WAAAY better. but i washed the car first,used the pre cleaner,then washed again,clay barred like mad,washed again,then applied the stuff as per the directions. in between each coat i hit it with the detail spray. it still looks and feels the same as it did the first day.

tell me how ya like it.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Whats happening Phil. Sounds like you are some what of a detailing nut like me. When was the last time you used Zaino? It REALLY REALLY has come along way since its inception and the latest version Z2 Pro and Z8 is an unbelievable product and surpasses everything I have ever used in both looks and durability and I have tried EVERYTHING. I have tried just about every sealant on the market from Four Star to Klasse, Rejex, Poorboys, NXT, #21 and even some from big distributors like Chemical Guys or Warner Chemical. I have also tried numerous Carnuabas like Adams, F113, every Meguiars product made and Pinnacle Souveran, and the lists goes on and on and can honestly say that at this time Zaino blows them all away. I think if you go on any of the detailing forums like Roadfly, detailersclub or your guys favorite, Corvette Forum you will see that the majority use Zaino. It also seems to be the product that everybody seems to compare themselves to or per say the benchmark of polishes. There are some that have complaints about it but you are the first I have ever heard complain about durability. I spoke to your buddy Joisey J the other day and read his post above and have to say that they are some pretty impressive claims he is making about his product. Short of 3m's plastic film I have yet see a product that will actually protect you from rock chips. I guess you really have to **** through the marketing hype to get down to the truth of the matter. I do have to say that LG is pretty good at the market hype thing, I don't know if alot of you are as old as me or remember when LG first came out but their claim to fame back then was, "Liquid Glass was actually made from molten sand from Hawaii and would actually coat your paint with a layer of glass". Well I guess as much as things changed in the past 25 years it really hasn't changed much. As far as Zaino having had its run and it now being Liquid Glasses turn, I think you actually have that backwords, Liquid Glass was the s$#t back in the late 70's and early 80's but times and technology has changed and it appears to me that Zaino is the benchmark everybody is striving for. I hope Carbon/PTFE-6 is all they are claiming it to be (which would be truly spectactular) and am looking forward to hearing peoples results. :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yesh im outta control..lol

i used it ALL of last year and HATED it. tired of the 17 steps to a good look for a short time.

i think the new LG stuff is gonna bring it back to the top. it REALLY is good stuff. im not old enough to know the old LG stuff but this stuff he has now is great in MY opinion. $150 is NOT a lot of cash to have a good product for YOUR BABY..expecially if it lasts waaay longer. doller per wash, this stuff is prolly cheaper.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yesh im outta control..lol

i used it ALL of last year and HATED it. tired of the 17 steps to a good look for a short time.

i think the new LG stuff is gonna bring it back to the top. it REALLY is good stuff. im not old enough to know the old LG stuff but this stuff he has now is great in MY opinion. $150 is NOT a lot of cash to have a good product for YOUR BABY..expecially if it lasts waaay longer. doller per wash, this stuff is prolly cheaper.

Hmmmm, you may want to stock up now. Look what I came across in my research of Teflon.
I am also unsure what these 17 steps you are referring to are. If you paint is prepped properly which it should be for just about any product you use the only steps I do are...
1.) Wipe on
2.) Wipe off
3.) Optional - A quick mist & wipe with Z8 or any QD to give it that little extra kick and remove anything I may have missed with the wipe off step.

I also do think it is a noticable difference over any other product and the fact that half my nieghborhood is now using Zaino after driving by and seeing my cars testament to the fact.

-DuPont sued in Teflon class action case

By Matt Daily

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Two Florida law firms said on Tuesday they had filed

class action lawsuits against DuPont Co., charging the giant chemicals
producer hid the potential health hazards of its Teflon nonstick
cookware coatings.

The lawsuits, the first seeking class action status and lodged on behalf

of consumers of Teflon against E.I. DuPont de Nemours Co., were filed by

Kluger, Peretz, Kaplan & Berlin PL and Oppenheim Pilelsky PA in federal
courts in several states.

The plaintiffs are calling for DuPont to pay damages to class members,
create a fund for medical monitoring of consumers who purchased products

containing Teflon and put warning labels on cookware with Teflon.

"The class of potential plaintiffs could well contain almost every
American that has purchased a *** or pan coated with DuPont's nonstick
coating," plaintiff's lawyer Alan Kluger said in a press statement.

In May, DuPont said it had received a subpoena from the U.S. Justice
Department's Environmental Crimes Section to turn over documents about
perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), a chemical used to make Teflon coatings.

That came a month after DuPont agreed to settle allegations by the U.S
Environmental Protection Agency that it had failed to disclose health
data about PFOA for two decades. The company has set aside $15 million
to cover that settlement, which has not yet been finalized.

DuPont shares registered no impact from the news of the new suits,
trading up 0.6 percent or 24 cents at $43.92 per share in afternoon
dealings on the New York Stock Exchange.

"This is not a surprise to investors," said David Begleiter, chemicals
analyst with Deutsche Bank, who does not own the stock. "It was a
natural evolution of the recent events at the EPA."

In an e-mail statement, DuPont said it would vigorously defend itself
against the allegations in the lawsuit.

"Consumers using products sold under the Teflon brand are safe. Cookware

coated with DuPont Teflon nonstick coatings does not contain PFOA,"
DuPont spokesman Clif Webb said in the statement.

PFOA, also known as C-8, is used in the process of making Teflon. Tests
by 3M Co., the original manufacturer of PFOA, have shown high levels of
exposure to the chemical may cause liver damage and reproductive
problems in rats.

PFOA can remain in humans for up to four years, according to the EPA,
and small amounts of the chemical are found in a large proportion of the

general U.S. public.

In September, Dupont agreed to pay $85 million to residents in West
Virginia and Ohio to settle a lawsuit over the release of PFOA into the
water supply at its Washington Works plant in West Virginia.

(Additional reporting by David Brinkerhoff in New York)

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Need I post again about Telfon?

To point to some concrete evidence regarding Teflon. This comes from
Professional Carwashing & Detailing magazine, January, 1989, page 110.

A direct quote:

My conclusion is based on the information I have gathered in the past
year from representatives, lab technicians and chemists from many leading car care product companies, including DuPont, the maker of Teflon. According to G.R. Ansul of DuPont's Car Care Products Division, "The addition of a Teflon fluoropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that indicates the use of Teflon fluorpolymer resins is beneficial in car waxes, and we have not seen data from other people that supports this position." Ansul also notes that, "Unless Teflon is applied at 700 degrees F (371degrees C), it is not a viable ingredient, and it is 100 percent useless in protecting the paint's finish."

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nothing like a "best wax" thread to get the juices flowing. Wait till the winter when we are REALLY bored. :)

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A direct quote:

year from representatives, lab technicians and chemists from many leading car care product companies, including DuPont, the maker of Teflon. According to G.R. Ansul of DuPont's Car Care Products Division, "The addition of a Teflon fluoropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that indicates the use of Teflon fluorpolymer resins is beneficial in car waxes, and we have not seen data from other people that supports this position." Ansul also notes that, "Unless Teflon is applied at 700 degrees F (371degrees C), it is not a viable ingredient, and it is 100 percent useless in protecting the paint's finish."

What manufacturer of a product mentioned in this thread claims the product contains teflon? As best I can tell, plumcrazy threw the word out there in connection with the LG carbon/PTFE-6 stuff, but to my knowledge LG doesn't claim the product contains teflon. Teflon is a PTFE polymer but not all PTFE polymers are teflon--there are many others.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A direct quote:

What manufacturer of a product mentioned in this thread claims the product contains teflon? As best I can tell, plumcrazy threw the word out there in connection with the LG carbon/PTFE-6 stuff, but to my knowledge LG doesn't claim the product contains teflon. Teflon is a PTFE polymer but not all PTFE polymers are teflon--there are many others.

As far as I know PFTE-6 is teflon. When I spoke to Joisey J about his product I referred to it as teflon and he did not correct me so I am assuming it is teflon. :confused:

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A direct quote:

As far as I know PFTE-6 is teflon. When I spoke to Joisey J about his product I referred to it as teflon and he did not correct me so I am assuming it is teflon. :confused:

Maybe he'll weigh in and clear that up.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

as far as I know..the stuff is carbon. not sure of the exact wording but id assume it is carbon teflon. maybe joisey will chime in on this....

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My understanding is that PTFE is an abbreviation for "PolyTetraFluoroEthylene"...which is trademarked by DuPont as "Teflon".

Teflon is made of carbon and fluorine atoms, tightly bonded together. So, I suppose you could say all Teflon is "Carbon-Teflon". :rolleyes:

Incidentally, this was discovered in the '30's by mistake while looking for a different refrigerant than what was being used in refrigerators.

All this was easily found on-line.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's the correct full name for PTFE, but as I said, I'm fairly confident that not all PTFE is teflon. For example, take a look at this article on the leading recycler of PTFE, in which the company's CEO states that PTFE is a "close cousin" of teflon but "not the same at all."

http://www.pacpubserver.com/new/business/8-4-99/shamrock.html

What that ultimately means concerning the LG product I couldn't tell you.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

""The thing about PTFE is that it can't be destroyed""...pretty much what im told about this LG stuff.

from what i read it sounds like it is NOT carbon. but it does sound like if ya could get it into a wax, it would be a darn good thing.

I dont know what to tell you guys other than to give it a whirl. i posted about it cause i really feel it is better than zaino or any other wax around and wanted to give a heads up to you guys. nothing more.

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viperbass,
Hi,I am John R. Heywang,President and chief chemist at Liquid Glass.I note your comment about our PTFE-6 being so durable that it would be very tough to remove in case of the need for paintwork.
Its the toughness that eliminates, for the mostpart, the need for repainting short of an accident which can happen.The product would not be of much value to the masses if we as the inventive chemical company did not ,in our research and development of the product, have a solution for the removal process. Rest assured that we HAVE a simple liquid and process for removal. After coating with PTFE-6, you can contact us at 201-387-6755 or [email protected] for removal process when needed.

Hope I have been able to put your mind to rest.

Dr. Eng. John R. Heywang
President
Liquid Glass Enterprises,Inc.

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dear Tracy,
I note that you have taken a picture of our Liquid Glass polish/finish off our website and asked why it is that if the product was invented for Ferrari why do we have a Corvette on the can?
This can is the Liquid Glass polish/finish that was invented by our laboratories BACK IN 1984 and today is sold in all the major chain stores in this country as well as over 3700 small "ma and pa" stores and used in about 1700 professional detail centers around the country.It has become the benchmark for quality among those who have used it and will use nothing else.
So you know,the Corvette on the can is MY PERSONAL radical custom Corvette which I customized back in 1968 for the International show car world.LIQUID GLASS POLISH/FINISH ( NOT PTFE-6) WAS INVENTED FOR THIS CAR.As a result,the car,which has won many shows around the country ,appears on it face and has become the registered trademark for this globally sold product.
For your further information,THIS can of our standard ultra high quality Liquid Glass,is now sold in over 37 foreign countries.

I hope I have clarified your question.If you have more questions,I would be honored to answer or clarify for you.

Dr. Eng. John R. Heywang
President/Chief Chemist
Teaneck,NJ

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dear Patrick,
You say you called the company and nobody called you back.I am the President and chief scientist/chemist who develops all the Liquid Glass ultra high quality products especially Carbon/PTFE-6 and your call would have been directed to me or my telephone message center.
Did you call 201-387-6755 or 1-800-548-5307? These are the phone numbers at which you can order Carbon/PTFE-6 which comes with a complete attache cased kit of 5 additional companion products which must be used in concert before and after application of PTFE-6.
If you called the phone number on the website,YOU CALLED THE WRONG NUMBER.

That site is our North American distribution center for sales to the major chains who do not carry this ultra high technology and rather expensive product.

I am handling the marketing and sales myself as I did the formulation and R&D with the people at Ferrari so who better to service our most important asset; YOU,our customer.

Please call me at your convenience.I am very busy now with PTFE-6 but if I am not in my office,I will call you back if you leave me the information I request on the machine.

Thankyou for your interest in our quality products which are sold worldwide.

Very truly yours,
Dr. Eng. John R. Heywang
President
Teaneck,NJ

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Matt Moris,
This morning I sent you a rather lengthy letter both of apology and explanation on Liquid Glass Carbon/PTFE-6.PLease advise if you got it.

Thankyou.
Dr. Eng. John R. HEywang
President
Teaneck,NJ

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viperjohn,
Hi,I see you asked plumcrazy what price we are charging for the sample pint of Carbon/PTFE-6 which also comes in a professional attache case in 4 color which contains 5 additional high tech companion products which need to be used before,after,and in concert with the PTFE-6.The price for this kit is $125.00 plus shipping charges of $2.00.That is $75.00 for the PTFE-6 and $50.00 for the basic 5 product kit which has been in stores now Nationwide for a few years.Regrettably, for you consumers, this kit is always SOLD OUT and can never be found on store shelves when you want it.Always best to call our company to insure you get what you want when you want it.
If you have any further questions,please direct them to my attention on the sight at JOISEY J or [email protected] which is my personal e.mail location.

Or,if you wish,please call me at 201-387-6755.I would be honored to speak with another Quality Conscious Viper Owner

Very truly yours,
Dr. Eng. John R. Heywang
President
Teaneck,NJ 07666

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Looking forward to Matt M.'s response. I have found his posts very informative concerning the Zaino line and the competition as well.

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
October 9,2005

Mr. Paul Mobley
Texas City,Texas

I had the pleasure to read your compliment on our Liquid Glass polish/finish that you bought at Autozone for use on your 1995 Black Viper.Thankyou for your kind words and taking time to post them! You have found what so many worldwide have found in that the Carbon is optically clear on black paint and as a result leaves no dulling film for a paint which shows every imperfection.
It is comforting to know that we have quality conscious customers down there in radically hot Texas.
I would hope that you will try our other 9 "companion " products which chemically cross link to the Liquid Glass product.

Thankyou.
Dr. Eng. John R. Heywang
President/Scientist
Teaneck,NJ

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

October 9,2005

ROCKET62
Kansas City

Dear Rocket,
I checked your profile and could not find your name to address this letter.I hope it reaches you.
For your information,I sent a very long and detailed letter to Matt Morris at his private e.mail address apologizing for the way I conducted myself on your VCA site.I did not want to further tie up valuable space explaining how my passion as scientist who invented the Carbon/PTFE-6 product got the best of me when I posted those several paragraphs of product introduction.
I noted a posting from plumcrazy who has used our new state of the art product wherein he gave the wrong phone numbers to you VCA members by telling you to call the number on our website.THIS NEW PRODUCT is not on the site and that being our North American Distribution Center in charge of marketing and selling our standard high quality Liquid Glass Total Appearance System of products to the major chains and large accounts, they have not been aprised of its creation.

Also,being new to VCA,I was not aware of the site's operational parameters and should have stuck to the phone numbers as planned.I have great passion for every product I invent and it shows in my communication.But I do apologize to you and Matt, and any other VCA members who took my writings as a sneaky, third party method of product introduction.
Rest assured that it will never happen again.I was severely reprimanded by one of your top men from VCA to whom I also apologized.

Thankyou for your understanding in this matter.

Very truly yours,
DR. Eng. John R. Heywang
President/Scientist
[email protected]

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

October 9,2005

Mr. Kurt Broderick
Indianapolis, IN

Dear Kurt,
Thankyou for posting your comments and concerns on the site about the durability of our Carbon/PTFE-6 as it applies to the retardation of stone chips after numerous easily applied coatings.
I can well understand your concerns as an intelligent Viper owner about the removal of such a durable coating should the need arise for repaint or refinishing.
As a company in business for 21 years with millions of users of our products in 37 countries, we maintain a chemical laboratory that we own which employs full time scientists/chemists.We would be amiss if our products did not have a removal process during times when body shop work is required.

Naturally,as you would expect,any coating so durable would be harder to remove than say a wax or silicone product.However,let me asure you that such a removal process exists and is relatively easy using liquids and papers.In many professional shops,sand blasting is done to remove everything and start with a clean panel before painting.
Unlike Zebart which you mention,our Carbon/PTFE-6 CAN BE EASILY REMOVED.

I hope this has answered your question and put your mind at ease.

Should you have further questions,please post or contact me at my personal location at [email protected]. I would be pleased to be of any assistance.

Very truly yours,
Dr. Eng. John R. Heywang
President
:2tu:

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

October 9,2005

Mr. Matt Morris
Holland,PA

Dear Matt,
I am responding to your post about Ferrari knowing what other car manufacturers have learned about the white plastic sheeting which is used at the factory to protect against acid rain spots and paint abrasions and deterioration in transit.
The fact is,they HAVE learned, as have I, from the many trips I have made to local car dealers of high end automobiles. I have received calls from dealers telling me,as I have seen first hand, that when this sheeting was formulated,IT WAS MEANT TO STAY ON THE CAR NO LONGER THAN 30 DAYS.In many instances,due to shipping schedules with delays,storms,holdups,importation snafus,the cars sit in the yards longer than this timeframe and under heat or humid conditions this plastic BONDS to the paint.At the dealership when removed,IT PEELS OFF TAKING THE PAINT WITH IT causing damage which the dealers don't want to pay to have fixed. And why should they?
Some low end car manufacturers just send to a quick paint shop for repairs as their customer is so price conscious he won't notice the mis match of color.

The high end dealers,like the large Mercedes dealer who calls us regularly and asks us to contact their manufactuer in Germany and introduce our line of super slippery and super durable transporter coatings,cannot repaint. They have to ship the car back and pray it won't happen again.In fact,just about every manufacturer is having these problems here and there.Not all the time.Some colors and clearcoats take plastic bonding better than others.But it is a problem that only the manufacturers should have to deal with.But the dealers are bearing the brunt of the bonding destruction.ITS A MESS! And it all revolves around money and politics between BIG companies! Many manufacturers get their white plastic so dirt cheap or free with another order for something else,they won't change.

Our Carbon/PTFE-6 is being tested by some Japanese car manufacturers who want to do away with this dangerous plastic coating.

We are patient as we know we offer a superior product and a cost effective process far superior and less costly than this white plastic.

I have given you this technical detail as I note you have great interest to pursue research on all chemical products and report your findings to the VCA members who ask you questions.Never having met you,I have great respect for your intelligence and wonder if you have scientific or chemist background.

Keep up the good research work.Many VCA members hold you in high esteem and the need for accurate product testing is important.

Very truly yours,
Dr. Eng. John R. Heywang
President/Scientist
[email protected] :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21