Best way to get Swirls out

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Liquid Glass PTFE-6

1.) Let me get this straight, you are saying that this product will protect me against acid rain and abrasion in transit?
2.) How many coats does it take to do this?
3.)Are you also saying that 25 coats are going to protect me from rock chips?
4.)What type of guarentee are you giving us providing these claims?
5.)Do you have any proof to substantiate these claims?
Sounds too good to be true if you ask me. I also cannot see Ferrari putting multiple coats of any polish on there cars before they ship.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Naturally,as you would expect,any coating so durable would be harder to remove than say a wax or silicone product.However,let me asure you that such a removal process exists and is relatively easy using liquids and papers.In many professional shops,sand blasting is done to remove everything and start with a clean panel before painting.
Unlike Zebart which you mention,our Carbon/PTFE-6 CAN BE EASILY REMOVED.

I hope this has answered your question and put your mind at ease.

Should you have further questions,please post or contact me at my personal location at [email protected]. I would be pleased to be of any assistance.

Very truly yours,
Dr. Eng. John R. Heywang
President
Liquid Glass Enterprises,Inc.
:2tu:

What type of liquids and papers? Sandblasting??? since when do body shops sandblast before they paint. If you have to sandblast it or sand it off to remove it, I do not think I would want it on my Viper or any car. If the liquid you are referring to is just prep-sol I don't think it would be a layer strong enough to protect against rock chips or acid rain. So which is it? Please elaborate...

If I am going to buy this product and apply 2 coats and decide I do not like it, how do I remove it?

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

October 9,2005

Mr. Matt Morris
Holland,PA

Dear Matt,
I am responding to your post about Ferrari knowing what other car manufacturers have learned about the white plastic sheeting which is used at the factory to protect against acid rain spots and paint abrasions and deterioration in transit.
The fact is,they HAVE learned, as have I, from the many trips I have made to local car dealers of high end automobiles. I have received calls from dealers telling me,as I have seen first hand, that when this sheeting was formulated,IT WAS MEANT TO STAY ON THE CAR NO LONGER THAN 30 DAYS.In many instances,due to shipping schedules with delays,storms,holdups,importation snafus,the cars sit in the yards longer than this timeframe and under heat or humid conditions this plastic BONDS to the paint.At the dealership when removed,IT PEELS OFF TAKING THE PAINT WITH IT causing damage which the dealers don't want to pay to have fixed. And why should they?
Some low end car manufacturers just send to a quick paint shop for repairs as their customer is so price conscious he won't notice the mis match of color.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,

RapGard (Plastic Transit Film):
Many manufacturers are using this white plastic covering in place of
synthetic or wax based shipping coatings (Cosmoline) The plastic becomes
brittle with age (90 to 180 days) and becomes difficult to remove as it
"shreds" while being pulled off, additionally there is excess adhesive
residue left on the surface.

Spray or wipe Isopropyl Alcohol on to the Rap Guard or Plastic Film and
the painted surfaces. Allow it to remain on the surface for 3 to 5
minutes. Saturate a soft clean towel with Isopropyl Alcohol and gently
wipe away the RapGard / Plastic Film pieces and adhesive. Wash vehicle
with a car wash concentrate diluted 1 oz. per gallon of water.

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

October 9,2005

Mr. Ronald Range
Tennessee

Dear Ron,
Thankyou for clarifying the PTFE to the members in the article you posted. That gave them some insight as to what this chemical is and its durability and the fact that,as the article quotes, " The thing about PTFE is that it can't be destroyed.You can't get rid of it and it won't decompose".
We use silver oxide PTFE powder which is one of, if not the highest version of, PTFE to date.And we add this in a 6% formulation.No small accomplishment.That we know of,noone has ever accomplished a 6% formulation.In many products,one tenth of one percent is common and even less just so they can say PTFE on the label.We have found that molecularly it is bondable to the molecules of the hydrocarbons ( carbon) that we use in our everyday Liquid Glass polish/finish which is sold in quality conscious stores nationwide.

You have ordered our Liquid Glass Carbon/PTFE-6 and the 5 product Total Appearance System of chemically cross linked companion products.I await your posting on the results.I am sure that you will join plumcrazy with his ravings about the results.

Very truly yours,
Dr. Eng. John R. Heywang
President/Scientist

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The fact that PTFE cannot be destroyed is not germane to this topic.

The fact, thus far undisputed, is that it IS NOT A VIABLE ingredient in a car wax, as posted above in a quote from DuPont. PTFE (trademarked as Teflon by DuPont) must be heated to 700 to be applied to a surface. :eek:

I also find it interesting that this new product, according to Liquid Glass’ information on the web… “Chemically composed of the same element found in DIAMONDS.Crystal clear Carbon! This is the only carbon based product in the world ever conceived as a protective coating that can last a lifetime with periodic re-applications.” Periodic re-application? Even suntan lotion could make that quote.

Auto paint is somewhere around 4 mils thick, in many cases solvent based, and is catalyzed. In short, pretty tough stuff. Yet, it is still is susceptible to scrapes, chips, stains and acid rain. It would seem that any product guaranteed to protect against this for a lifetime would have to be applied while wearing a Haz-Mat suit.

John…I commend you for coming clean on this forum, now how about answering the questions posed thus far?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<<---patiently waiting for john to answer some of these questions.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

John has decided that you guys are too damn particular and has moved his shop to the Corvette forums to ply his wares.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JoiseyJ: That has to be one of the most dodgy attempts to promote your own product by attempting to give the illusion that you are some helpful outsider. I will never buy your stuff, just for that reason.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

YIKES!
$1,600.00 for WAX! WOW!

Ingrediants look pretty organic.....in a pinch you could probably drink it!
LOL!!!!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

YIKES!
$1,600.00 for WAX! WOW!

Ingrediants look pretty organic.....in a pinch you could probably drink it!
LOL!!!!
Yes, it is 1500 for the Crystal container and 100 bucks for the lifetime supply of wax. ;)

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bump. C'mon John where are you?
Did you atleast get your order yet Ronnie? I hope he adjusted your price also since the price changed recently when it was posted on the forum. I was quoted the 150 (120 pint 30 for the rest of the kit) price like you and now it seems to have changed to 125 (75 pint 50 rest of kit). Keep us informed. :confused:

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bump. C'mon John where are you?
Did you atleast get your order yet Ronnie? I hope he adjusted your price also since the price changed recently when it was posted on the forum. I was quoted the 150 (120 pint 30 for the rest of the kit) price like you and now it seems to have changed to 125 (75 pint 50 rest of kit). Keep us informed. :confused:

Yep, got the order last week but haven't had a chance to try it yet. And John did call me and tell me about the price decrease and that they were going to credit me for the difference.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

today i got the package john told me he was sending out. it has tons of info....most of these answers are in it. if any of you guys want this, email me and i will send them to ya (scans in jpg format) not great scans but you can certainly read it no problem. or just call for the test results and information yourself at 201-387-6755 or 1-800-548-5307 and i know john will give you an earfull on this stuff.

smashman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Howdy all. Here are my initial results with the Liquid Glass...I was given the discount and got the 6 product kit for $125.00.

I have not tried it on the Viper yet but I have a black Grand Cherokee and my wife has a silver Sequoia..both have seen only Zaino on them for several years.
I only did the hoods on both vehicles, and here is the process I used. First, I washed both hoods with Blue Dawn to remove any old wax. I then clay bar'd both hoods until they were smooth. I used the Liquid Glass Paint Cleaner on both as instructed, and then used my Porter Cable and the Zaino PC Fusion and Polished both hoods. Then I washed both hoods again with the Liquid Glass Car Wash Soap. So now I have two wax-free very smooth 99% swirl-free surfaces to work with. I put a piece of blue painters tape down the middle of each hood. On the driver's side of both, I applied 3 coats of the liquid glass PTFE super stuff as per instructions. On the passenger side I applied 2 coats of Z-5 and one coat of Z-2 as per instructions. Here are my layman observations..

Shine/Gloss-Both give a nice shine...the Zaino Side had a deeper, more "liquid" looking appearance and more "shimmer" and depth. The Liquid Glass seemed a bit "flat" or "sterile" without as much warmth or detail.

Slickness-The Liquid Glass Side was a wee bit slicker.

Application/Removal-About even...while the Zaino applied more easily the liquid glass was a bit easier in the removal area. Partially because it's easier to see and dried more quickly. The liquid Glass was a bit more "*****" to apply and doesn't glide right on like the Zaino. It also takes more LG to cover the same area than Zaino.

Scent-Zaino wins-- hands down IMHO

After a couple days of course a little bit of dust accumulated on the hood of the black jeep. I did not see any appreciable difference in the amount of dust on either side. Where I DID see a big difference was in appearance while driving and looking at the hood. One thing I've always liked about Zaino is even if the car is a little dusty or dirty, I can hardly see the dust, the hood still looks super glossy and shiny and black. With the LG, it just looked dusty. I sat in both the driver's and passenger seat to make sure the light was not just playing tricks from different angles, as well.

I will give LG two thumbs up on their Leather Cleaner and Conditioner..both work well and smell great.

Durability-Obviously too early to tell but I'll keep you all posted a few washes down the road.

Maybe this LG really will last for years and stop rock chips with 25+ coats, who knows...but from what I have seen so far I have no reason to switch from Zaino to LG. Even if both were the same price. No insult intended to Mr. Heywang or the LG people, he was very nice on the phone and answered all my questions, plus sent me a few free terry appplicators and terry buffing towels.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

glad ya got around to doing it. i personally think PTFE is wetter and deeper looking but who knows. i will still say it will outlast zaino easily but keep all of us posted on it.

i washed the car between each coat and i used the detail spray in between each coat. maybe that makes a difference...? im NOT sure but it worked for ME.

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dear Smashman,
I want to express our gratitude to you for your honest and intelligent appraisal of our PTFE-6 product versuses the Zaino product.I especially like the way you taped your hood and used both products.
As Phil(Plumcrazy) pointed out,the true test will be durability.The cold weather in Colorado where you live will be a great test as PTFE-6 is unaffected by cold.Never having used Zaino,I cannot speak for it.Whether you chose to wash yourself with our Liquid Glass Wash Concentrate or go thru car washes;either will have no effect other than the fact that the car washes use an alkaline soap which strips wax as it must and as you read in the brochures to get the dirt off and out of the wax.The alkaline will,after 50 washes,begin to dull the PTFE-6 coating but it will still be there and should still be glossy.And the Pre-Cleaner will easily remove all the alkaline soap **** but not remove or harm the PTFE-6!

Thankyou for your compliment on the Connoisseur's Choice Cleaner and protectant.I have never seen another product in this sector perform as well as ours.I see you are a quality orientated consumer which I knew when I spoke to you.

Very truly yours,
Dr. Eng. John R. Heywang
President
[email protected]

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AgentF1,
Thankyou for your honest inquiry.You asked about guarantee? We offer full money back guarantee if not satisfied with return of container the same as any professional company would do.We are sure that following the application instructions that you will have breathtaking results.
As to your other questions,the proof is in the pudding as is often said.You cannot know for sure until you use it.
BY the way,I have had it on my 1997 Blue ********* Venom 650-R Formula 1 Viper for 3 years and to date I have NO STONE CHIPS.The car has been utilized on several NY and NJ Viper club events.
If I can assist you in any other technical questions, please e.mail me at [email protected].

Very truly yours,
Dr. Eng. John R. Heywang
President
( JOISEY J) :2tu:

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ViperJohn,
Sorry,I have not moved my "wares" as you call them to the Corvette site.I appologize for not being here often enough to answer technical questions for you fine Viper owners.
There is only so much time in my day and I spend 18 hours a day communicating with BIG IMPORT buyers from presently 37 foreign countries who have and are testing our complete product line,asking questions,and preparing to make large container purchases.
I ask you honestly,who would your communicate with? The man who is skeptical about spending $125.00 or the foreign buyer who is ready to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars but needs technical assistance to present to his Board of Directors?
Do not misunderstand.Every customer is IMPORTANT to me and our company.You have as much right to technical questions as any big buyer.I would ask dozens of questions before buying something to apply to my expensive Viper investment considering how much dangerous garbage their exists in our Wax and polish sector here in America.
AS time permits,I love talking to you intelligent Viper owners by phone,at club events like I did last week when my car won BEST GTS class at the Warnock NJ show for its PTFE-6 mirror finish,or via e.mail and website.
I have 21 years in the global chemistry sector and have had the honor of working for the largest and the best companies.Any technical help I can give you people would be my honor to do so.

Very truly yours,
Dr. Eng. John R. Heywang ( Joisey J)
President
[email protected]

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AgentF1,
To answer your question about removal,we have a type written procedure to remove any number of coatings of PTFE-6.Forget sandblasting on a Viper.This applies only to classic metal cars which are being PROFESSIONALLY redone usually for the world class Pebble Beach Concour in Pebble Beach California which I have the honor to attend.
The procedure does take some time and uses two chemical liquids which we have researched in brand names and which can be obtained in local stores.They are flammable liquids and quite caustic but are used on cars everyday by those who by according to price as opposed to quality.
We DO NOT manufacture any flammable,caustic,explosive,or dangerous chemical products in our labs nor do we create such products for other global companies.Our products are organic and not harmful to the enviornment.
The PTFE-6 removal products must be used in concert with each other also using cloths and papers.The only reason you would want to remove PTFE-6 is to repaint.
If you give me your name,address,city,state,and zip I can mail you the procedure which our chemists have worked to insure.

Any further questions,please direct them to my attention at [email protected].

Thankyou. :2tu:

Very truly yours,
President
Teaneck,NJ 07666

Joisey J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anaconda,
WOW,you are a tough customer!
I don't blame you for being angry.I,however,don't hold grudges and look at what happens with forgiving eyes.God told me a long time ago that Hatred is Baggage and you should not carry that thru life.
Whether or not you ever chose to use our PTFE-6 is your choice as given you by the freedom that makes our country great.
I can only hope that in the not to distant future you can find it in your heart to forgive me my foolish ways and for insulting you by my unorthadox introduction.

Very truly yours,
President
Liquid Glass Enterprises,Inc. :usa: :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hey smashman, how is the hood looking now? did the ptfe stuff outlast the other brand like i said.

my car has been washed so many times now it isnt even funny and it looks exactly the same as the day i applied it. i wanna hear YOUR results.

thanx

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<<-----still waiting on smashman to tell us his findings..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21