BORLA EXHAUST QUESTION????

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know what size tips come with a Borla Cat Back system? What about the drone, I've checked the archvies and found references to dissatisfaction with the installation and drone noise. Is this still the case? I have a unique opportunity to purchase a new system for a very resonable cost....feedback appreciated.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Borla. The exhaust droan is not bad. The car is louder.

The exhaust is 3" and the tips flare out.....4" Tips?? I would have to go measure. But the appearance of the tips are not that great. The Corsa tips are ten times better.

sandy3160

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great up grade sound 100% better. i put it on my 2002 acr and my 1998 rt/10 it sound awesome. a little louder in the acr. paid $800 on ebay brand new. it goes on in less than a hour if you have a lift and 2 friends to help.

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Jerry about the standard Borla tips, but if you go with the mopar version, the tips are much nicer and even have the etched Viper logo on them.

rgavitt2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the Mopar Borla on 3 days after buying my 2002 graphite. I love it! It is louder but the drone is much much better than stock. On down shifts it growls great as well. I paid $1800 installed from my local Dodge Viper mechanic. With nothing but this exhaust, cats back and smoothtubes and S&B filters, 452 torque and 415 HP. Hope this helps!
RG

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow $1800 installed
eek.gif
I paid $850 for the Mopar (Borla) exhaust shipped to my door! The Mopar has better looking tips
yesnod.gif

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the sound! Loud, but not a Very Good Loud!
Corsa tips are nicer, but the Mopar Borla tips are clean and look good also.
Install could have been a little easier getting the tips straight, but wasn´t too bad.
What´s the great deal? I hope it is the same place I got mine!! New in Box, delivered to my door for $575-!! NO, that is not a misprint! I have tried to contact this person many times since then and no luck. I must of gotten the last set. Or maybe he is no longer with the company!!

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe the cabin drone would be an issue in a RT/10 like it is in a GTS. I liked the sound from my Borla's but could not stand the black soot all over the rear of the GTS from the tips being a little to short sticking out the rear. Swapped over to Corsa's this winter.

OP
OP
K

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who responded to my post. I finally took the plunge and purchased a Borla exhaust system. Paid 620.00 on ebay brand new in the box. At this price, I couldn't pass it by. I noticed the VCA site has "DO IT YOURSELF" instructions for Corsa but not Borla. Does anyone have instructions on how to install the Borla system? I plan on installing it myself and need all the help I can get.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin Stitely:
Thanks to everyone who responded to my post. I finally took the plunge and purchased a Borla exhaust system. Paid 620.00 on ebay brand new in the box. At this price, I couldn't pass it by. I noticed the VCA site has "DO IT YOURSELF" instructions for Corsa but not Borla. Does anyone have instructions on how to install the Borla system? I plan on installing it myself and need all the help I can get.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A cat-back install is going to be very similar, regardless of brand...it will be pretty straight forward after you get the side sills off and see where all the hangars are...Soak your stock exhaust connections the night before the install with some liquid wrench or similiar....

Biggest thing is to get everything hung and positioned before you tighten the whole thing up...then start from the back and tighten your way to the front, so the tips line up the way you want...Let us know how you make out...

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,

Congrats on the Borla and on the price, I paid $850.00 and that was a great deal at the time.

Installation is going to be a bit tricky without a lift. What I did was take the side sills off at home and drove down to a friends muffler shop to do the install. And I am very happy that I had done so, the tips were a big pain to set up straight with the body and each other.

If you can do it on a lift, just my recommendation.