Borla vs Corsa

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got a Corsa exhaust(bought it with) and love it. I'm just wondering what most people have, what are the differences(I hear Borla is deeper sounding), any HP differences?, etc...

Thanks.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easier to say than Bellanger? There are plenty of posts here discussing the different exhausts if you want to do the research yourself. Maybe someone that actually knows the difference will give a more intelligent reply. I researched it to some degree, and it seems like it boils down to very little difference, until you get to the headers themselves. I have a Bellanger cat-back, and of course because its on my car, love it. I'm gonna also go with Bellanger headers some day. Call Jon B at Parts Rack for the speach on that product.

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the Borla, couldn't stand the "DRONE", changed to Corsa this year and love it!! Can't tell a whole lot of difference in the sound at idle or WOT. But the drone is now GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the Borla is a lot deeper compared to the Corsa which tends to be higher pitched and raspy. i love my Borla and wouldnt put any other exhaust on my viper.
I have no cats and NO drone on my car, but then again i have the old style borla not the newer style.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It Depends on whether you have the GTS or RT/10. If you have a GTS, I would stay with Corsa. I have B&B on the RT/10, and prefer that sound (deeper) to the sound of the Corsa on the FE. But when I had the B&B on the FE, the drone was borderline unbearable at certain RPM ranges. I moved the B&B to the RT/10, put Corsa on the GTS, and now no drone on either car.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the Borla, couldn't stand the "DRONE", changed to Corsa this year and love it!! Can't tell a whole lot of difference in the sound at idle or WOT. But the drone is now GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!

We have the Corsa and LOVE LOVE LOVE the sound--no drone, but we also have B&B stepped headers, flow-thru cats, K&N Air intake (where we switch out here and there and put 'green' filters in--haven't seen a difference yet).....love the sound!!! ~juli

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the Borla cat-back on my '97 GTS (one of the very early kits) and I really like it. It does have a resonant frequency right around 1500 RPM, and you do therefore get some drone at that engine speed, but who drives at 1500 RPM, anyway? At higher engine speeds, and at idle, I think it sounds fantastic. That said, I believe all the major cat-back systems out there are going to be fine for you, and virtually no difference in power gains.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the old style Borla cat back, headers and no cats on my '96 GTS and I have yet to hear another Viper that sounds better. Add the lumpy idle and you are about as close to an old muscle car as you can get. At wide open throttle it cackles a bit since I removed the cats but that is cool also. Drone doesn't bother me since I seldom take it on trips, and when I do I have the windows down so I can enjoy the exhaust sound. I wish I could make my SRTC sound the same.

Bob K

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the Mopar High Performance exhaust. It is made by Borla, with the Viper emblem etched on the huge tips. It sounds great like an old muscle car. Keep in mind I have a RT/10 so I don't notice any drone etc..

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My supercharged 98 GTS had Roe Hi Fow Cats and Random Tech 3" exhuast with stock headers. It idled loud, cruised quiet with a rumble and was reasonable at WOT.

My 'new' supercharged 01 GTS has Bellanger long tube headers, Cat Delete and Corsa. It idles Loud, cruises quiet and hurts teh ears at WOT. With over 700rwhp I sedom go WOT, but if I did I'd plan to add Roe Hi-flow Cats to quiet it down a bit. I consistantly get comments on how nice it sounds at idle.

Ted

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone just removed the cats and resonators from the stock exhaust with a straight pipe? Just curious how it sounds.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa means no annoying drone.Sounds more like an Italian exotic.Others drone might drive you crazy on the highway but deeper more American sounding. I have headers,no cats but soon converting to high flows and a corsa. GTS Bruce

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got hi-flow cats and the Corsa system in my RT and I LOVE IT!!!:2tu: :2tu: :2tu: No drone and lots of V10 rumble.....

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HP probably not much difference. Sound is like ice cream, not everyone likes the same flavor. But I will say this.... Far and away the MEANEST, NASTIEST, 'Viper' I have ever heard was not even a Viper - the Tomahawk concept motorcycle. Custom headers flowing into one pipe out the rear. Trust me on this.... I did not think I Viper motor could sound this way, but it sounded like a freak'in mini top fuel car.

Oh, but you mean a 'Viper'. Personally, I love the Corsa sound. Mild to wild. I also like the fact that you easily increase the volume by adding high-flow cats, removing them all-together, adding headers, etc.. BUT, the tonal quality pretty much stays the same. This car sounds a lot like mine - I believe it is Corsa + high flow cats.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0d7b2241-7fa1-4c49-960c-e22f0d67c223.htm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery