Buy now or later??

Dr. Validus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I need some advice.
A local Dodge dealer has the exact car I am looking for.
Triple Black 2004 SRT for $55,555 with only 4,000 miles on it.
I was initially planning to buy a Viper in January thinking that a 2004 model would be a little cheaper in Jan, 2007.
However, someone at the dealer said that they are trying to clear our their inventory for the new year so this is the best time to buy.
Obviously, they want to do a sale quickly but may be they are telling the truth?

So...
Do I buy now or in January to get the best deal?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems like a good price. Just make sure its perfect and no hidden damage or problems. Waiting till after the first of the year could result in No black Viper being there when you go back. Sure there may be other deals,but if its clean,grab it and you'll be one happy guy.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you buy it now, you have more time under the warranty to find any potential problems. It sounds like a great deal. Just think, if you wait until January and the car isn't there then you will be regretting it. Something also to think about is that you will have a Viper one month sooner to drive. You will be one happy guy as others have stated. You may have to get plastic surgery to get rid of the permanent smile you are sure to get when you buy it.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That price is right between wholesale and retail for that car...with those miles. They may come off a little...give it a shot. But at a 53.5 wholesale, they don't have much room, unless they took it in trade below wholesale.

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dr. Validus,

Where are you located? I have a lead on a Black '04 Mamba with 4300 miles in Louisiana for a way better deal. PM me for details.

Ronnie