Can 900whp be had with Roe S/C

sparty116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the title says. What will it take, if possible with a 540" stroker to hit 900+ whp without juice? Can it be done without race gas?

Thanks

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first thought would be no......but with a reeeeally good engine I guess it's "possible" (maybe) Check with David Weaver out of Tx or PBJ out of St. Louis for a more knowledgeable opinion on the stroker. Your asking a lot there...especially without race fuel. Without the race fuel you would have to have water/**** injection and you would need to be very careful pushing the injection that far without good fuel. My second thought is to tell you not to get to wrapped up in peak numbers, the Roe shines under the curve. I look forward to other opinions but I will vote "no"

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with Tony...no would be my guess. I am doing a 539 right now with a Roe and I don't think 900 is possible without spraying the car. The highest numbers so far for me is right at 800 rwhp and over 1100 rwtq, but I had to spray to get that. It is stock cubic inches (488), I don't think 50 cubic inches is going to pick up the difference....maybe I am wrong.
Joe

1BADSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try it instead with a Paxton w/14lbs. of boost, a fuel system, and a good tune. There are quite a few cars running around with that setup w/900+.

I had a 5lb. Roe s/c that gave me a whole 82hp,black smoke,misfire codes,and a ruined hood pad.

I've already bought my Paxton and on the list for an install soon. I'll keep the spray on it but turn it down. I'm shooting for over 1000rwhp on race gas off the spray.

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current Roe S/C kit uses a 2.4L S/C unit, if I'm not mistaken. I know there is a 3.3L S/C unit version avail. Its being used in Australia on LS1 based cars making over 850rwhp. Would it be possible to retrofit that unit on the Roe Manifold. I'm a big turbo fan, but the Roe system seems great for its simplicity, cost-effectiveness and instant throttle response. If you could get a higher flowing unit, it would be almost perfect.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current Roe S/C kit uses a 2.4L S/C unit, if I'm not mistaken. I know there is a 3.3L S/C unit version avail. Its being used in Australia on LS1 based cars making over 850rwhp. Would it be possible to retrofit that unit on the Roe Manifold. I'm a big turbo fan, but the Roe system seems great for its simplicity, cost-effectiveness and instant throttle response. If you could get a higher flowing unit, it would be almost perfect.

that's a great question, but would need to be asked of Sean Roe and his dealers :2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I would think so given that theres guys without the water/**** that are running 12 PSI with the Roe and Sean clearly states that with the water/**** you WILL be able to run more boost so call it 14 PSI??? that witha set of greg good heads, comp cam,1.7 rockers,headers,exhaust,no cats,70mm TB's PLUS the 542 stroker kit I would think so.

I believe MBN is running in the high 700's WITHOUT the water/**** injection AND NO stroker so I would think its possible.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont have the dynos here at the moment but i think with 8psi pulley dynosheet i remember im running around mid 700's without Nitrous or water/**** injection or stroker just pure boost.

im installing the water/**** soon and new higher boost levels. and then ill spray some Nos :D my old setup with a NOS universal Dry shot made over 900RWHP and over 1080 RWTQ :headbang: imagine this new setup with NOS, Sean is the man !

ok back to main topic ! just call Sean and tell him what you want believe me he will guide you and will answer all your questions, what is good about Sean he wont ever tell or offer you something he cant build

but 900RWHP !!!

Sean already been there :p so call him you wont be disappointed

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont have the dynos here at the moment but i think with 8psi pulley dynosheet i remember im running around mid 700's without Nitrous or water/**** injection or stroker just pure boost.

im installing the water/**** soon and new higher boost levels. and then ill spray some Nos :D my old setup with a NOS universal Dry shot made over 900RWHP and over 1080 RWTQ :headbang: imagine this new setup with NOS, Sean is the man !

ok back to main topic ! just call Sean and tell him what you want believe me he will guide you and will answer all your questions, what is good about Sean he wont ever tell or offer you something he cant build

but 900RWHP !!!

Sean already been there :p so call him you wont be disappointed

Jesus Mid 700's on 8 psi???? thats awesome. Can't wait to see what you put down with the water/**** and more boost (12 - 14 or so).

Sorry I had to mention ya but I remember from talking with you how BAD ASP your Roe car is, but I dident even know it was on only 8 lbs .

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell from the sounds of it you may be around 900RWHP WITHOUT a stroker after the water/**** and more boost/timing.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first thought would be no......but with a reeeeally good engine I guess it's "possible" (maybe) Check with David Weaver out of Tx or PBJ out of St. Louis for a more knowledgeable opinion on the stroker. Your asking a lot there...especially without race fuel. Without the race fuel you would have to have water/**** injection and you would need to be very careful pushing the injection that far without good fuel. My second thought is to tell you not to get to wrapped up in peak numbers, the Roe shines under the curve. I look forward to other opinions but I will vote "no"

What he said.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What he said.

Yeah, but the Underground guys are afraid to race the Roe guys, especially the YELLOW cars :D :D :D

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I would think so given that theres guys without the water/**** that are running 12 PSI with the Roe and Sean clearly states that with the water/**** you WILL be able to run more boost so call it 14 PSI??? that witha set of greg good heads, comp cam,1.7 rockers,headers,exhaust,no cats,70mm TB's PLUS the 542 stroker kit I would think so.

I believe MBN is running in the high 700's WITHOUT the water/**** injection AND NO stroker so I would think its possible.

Yeah, and I think I can divide by 0 too. Someone better make 800 rwhp w/o some combination of NO2, race gas, or water/**** before anyone starts talking about 900 rwhp.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, and I think I can divide by 0 too. Someone better make 800 rwhp w/o some combination of NO2, race gas, or water/**** before anyone starts talking about 900 rwhp.

Well Sean has had setups making over 900RWHP.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats REALLY strong with just 8lbs!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well considering the Roe has no intercooler (like the paxton) the water/**** acts as an intercooler (in a way) so that would be like excluding paxtons intercooler from its setup.

So in that case Sean HAS made 900RWHP with heads/cam/blower and wather/**** injection.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides the question in this thread is with a stroker can it make 900RWHP it does not exclude water/**** it only excludes race gas and juice. so the answer is YES.

people are giving their opinions and expirences no need to be a cocky prck about it.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I wrong to assume a stroker would really add more torque to the equation rather than hp?

Honestly im not sure but even stroker aside with the #'s MBN is running now on 8 Lbs (750 ish) I think its safe to say that with a 14 Psi (thats adding 6 psi to current setup),boosting the timing AND water/**** injection (that Shelby has found to make 25RWHP itself) he WILL infact be over the 900RWHP mark.

Not to mention that alot of people are saying that Greg Goods heads flow better then Seans so theres also some more power to be made there.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides the question in this thread is with a stroker can it make 900RWHP it does not exclude water/**** it only excludes race gas and juice. so the answer is YES.

people are giving their opinions and expirences no need to be a cocky prck about it.

Exactly what is cocky about stating facts? And speaking of opinions and experiences, what experience do you have with a supercharged Viper? If the guy doesn't want to run NO2, does it make sense to assume he'll be fine with water/****, when they have certain significant similarities (additional tanks to keep filled, lines to run, etc.)? Finally, FYI, methanol also serves as a fuel, so it is not really analogous to an intercooler.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he never stated that Water/**** is out did he?? and since none os us are mind readers we can only go on the facts.

Sean is using it to allow the S/C to run cooler at higher boost levels therefor it is ACTING as an intercooler (I.E doing the same job).

What experience do I have with supercharged vipers?? none at all however being that im looking to one in the very near future I HAVE done tons of research.

So bottom line looking at MBN's car (sorry to keep using you as an example) and what he can do at this point to make more power im willing ot bet money that he can make OVER 900RWHP WITHOUT a stroker or nos or race fuel.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
off juice - even if it could I wouldn't - too much heat and restrictions

It isn't designed to do that. They are a great setup for what they are but if you want 900rwhp there are far more efficient ways to get it.

Water injection is a great add on for these setups

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly MBN made the same HP as me without the NOS 715rwhp/760rwtq @10psi. The only problem is MBN is maxed out on his pulley size. I have, and so does MBN, the smallest pulley available 2.3" in diameter. THis spins the blower at 18,260rpm. The blower efficency is greatly reduced beyond 16,500 rpm. I have run the 2.3" pulley and it gives quit a bit more torque but almost no more peak HP.

Back to the question...
The answer is no way unless you run h20/methanol or NOS. I still have not seen a 800rwhp on motor with blower only.

I do think 900rwhp is possible with h20/methanol. I might even have that much but I have no dyno number to back it up just a 1/4 mph 148.6. According to the MPh calc it is close to 900rwhp.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly MBN made the same HP as me without the NOS 715rwhp/760rwtq @10psi. The only problem is MBN is maxed out on his pulley size. I have, and so does MBN, the smallest pulley available 2.3" in diameter. THis spins the blower at 18,260rpm. The blower efficency is greatly reduced beyond 16,500 rpm. I have run the 2.3" pulley and it gives quit a bit more torque but almost no more peak HP.

Back to the question...
The answer is no way unless you run h20/methanol or NOS. I still have not seen a 800rwhp on motor with blower only.

I do think 900rwhp is possible with h20/methanol. I might even have that much but I have no dyno number to back it up just a 1/4 mph 148.6. According to the MPh calc it is close to 900rwhp.

As posted above, would the 3.3 Blower be better to achieve 900 RWHP? The standard is 2.4 correct? :confused: