1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI: I know 4 people who alot problems with your kit on their cars:
Myself 97 GTS
Chris Napalotano 97 GTS
Mike Perry 02 GST
DR Sharzaar 00 RT10

Just a quick note here. Chris Napolitano (please note the correct spelling) did have some initial problems and yes, Chris is very vocal. Chris purchased his s/c thru me and we became and still are very good friends......so I will add this behind his name.

1. Chris ended up with a street racing name made for himself from one side of Florida to the other side......the car did run VERY well after some initial problems. As you probably know, he was darn near unbeatable from a dead stop on the street even if he was racing a dragstrip car.
2. Chris is sorry that he got rid of his car...Roe S/C and all.
3. Chris and I talk often. He is interested in another Viper.........guess what, he wants another Roe S/C on his Viper when he finds one.

So, maybe you should keep to your concerns and not speak for others.

Hell, I could be on your list....I had a few problems, mostly injector connectors. Did I whine, cry and ***** ? No, I worked with Sean and between his long hours and some of us Roe guys working with him...we solved problems. Bottom line, That was then and 95+% were happy........This is now and the happy folks are a larger percentage. Anybody that buys a S/C today will get todays problems (none) and not the few problems of two years ago. I install these S/C's just because I like to work on Vipers. For $600 on an install do you think I would mess with it if there were problems ???? Hell no, I've got several other businesses, over 50 employees .....I don't need the money and I sure don't need any more hassles. I am sorry you guys had problems....but....you are in a VERY small minority and that has been a long time ago. And I might add....that was not what this guys post was about.....and you guys sure have screwed his thread up.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sean, it has nothing to do with being a ***** or not growing up, when someone (Roe Racing) takes close to $15,000.00 for a product, install and tune with nothing working and 9 months without a car running properly, thats called being very angry with nothing to show for the $15,000.00.

The sad thing is, you and I use to get along just fine. I bought alot of stuff from you for 2 vipers and you did all my work. Then I bought the SC, well 9 months later, and with a laundry list of problems addressed, there were still problems and you could not fix them or fiqure them out, so you told me to take the car to macedo and pay him $100.00 hours to fix or fiqure what you were paid to do when I bought and paid you to install and tune the car.

At that point any friendship or business relationship we had terminated, you sure were in a hurry to cash the check, but to backup the purchase and installion with making sure it work correctly, is not how you operate your business.

If any thing you should of paid Larry to fix the car if you could not or refunded my money for the SC kit and the other SC kit add ons. You did neither, you just threw me down the river and said I was on my own.

FYI: I know 4 people who alot problems with your kit on their cars:
Myself 97 GTS
Chris Napalotano 97 GTS
Mike Perry 02 GST
DR Sharzaar 00 RT10

Why dont you please address why your kit did not work on these 4 cars and why you could not fix them and why none of them are no longer running your SC kit.

Jay,
Let's see, you bought one of the kits when they were on the introductory run for $6500 without the VEC2. Installation was $500.
If you think that's $15,000, you not only have a bad memory, but you're bad at math too.
How much of the Chrysler lemon law money from your 2001 Viper that you kept revving hard and overheating in our parking lot did you spend on those Startech wheels for the '97? Maybe you're adding the SC and the wheels together?
Show me the bills you have from us for $15,000 in Supercharger and tuning.
Post them for everyone to see.
While you're looking for receipts, I'll answer your questions about those cars.
Mike Perry, we know about him and he's spoken for himself.
Chris N., did have some headaches with injector connectors as we were just figuring that out at the time, but Tony has spoken for him.
Dr. Nabizidea. I took his off because he was having trouble with his car running poorly before we put the SC on. I learned to ask people if their cars were ok before putting them on and to test for myself. He's had the SC off for some time and is still having to take his car to Jax Dodge. They've gotten to know him very well there. Ask for Bam Bam in service if you want more details. We can put it back on when he gets his car troubles resolved. I didn't want to muddy the water with the SC installation. Ask him yourself.
Now you. You're my favorite. You came into the shop one day and said your engine was knocking. I checked it out for you and said it sounded like a rod knock, as it would knock on engine deceleration (car sitting still). While I was working on it, you told Becky that you over-revved it. You told us to remove the Supercharger and rocker arms so you could have the car towed to the dealer and fixed under your factory warranty. Then, just to show us what kind of person you were, you loaded your parts and left before Becky could give you a $300 labor bill for removing the SC, installing your stock intake, removing the 1.7 rockers and installing your stock ones. You never responded to the bills sent and never stopped by the shop again. That one really sticks out for me, as that's the only bad debt I've ever had to write off. Your pool contractor and I have something in common, a bad customer. But don't worry, you won't have to get a restraining order against me. I've written off the bad debt and won't bother you and your wife for the $300.

Regards,
Sean

PS, to those that are interested in the original topic, sorry for the drama.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
I have a problem with my car too. I can't seem to get it into the 9's. The best I can muster is a 10.4. Even though I'm the 2004 "Self-proclaimed King of the V-10 Nationals"(inside joke for those that know :D :D ). Tell Dave I blame him personally ;) ;)

Thanks again for the great product and support. There will always be problems, and not to minimalize those that have had problems, but I think the majority weighs out here :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Edit: this weekend, I did a "local" viper cruise. Drove the car over 500 miles round trip without any problem and got near 18 MPG to boot! Also, gave a member a "demonstration" of the power of the Roe. Looks like Larry Macedo and Sean Roe will have another customer!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Roe S/C is the best thing i have ever added to my viper. Roe Racing Rocks !!!!!!! :2tu: :2tu:

Great run it in why don't ya LMAO

Thats ok I WILL have mine THIS YEAR 2005 Sean I WILL be ordering a S/C.

BTW if you had issues before the Vec 2 im sure there solved now, That vec 2 is SICK. and it IS my current favorite mod so far.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This thread has three directions it seems. Can the Roe SC make 900RWHP? I think that is a reach. But, you have to admit that 1TONY1 has taken this thing to levels no one would have thought about 1 year ago.
Is Sean a good man to do business with? I have found over the last 2 1/2 yeard that he is dedicated to our cars and willing to help anyway he can. He and Becky are great to deal with.
Were there problems with earlier units? As one of the really early installs, I had several bugs to work out, mainly electonic. Sean tried and recommended everything that he could to solve the problems. Now with my 96 PCM installed, I have NO CE lights. I have just a reliable everyday driver that kicks butt and I love it.
High performance is not necessarily a bolt on proposition, it takes tinkering, experimentation and persistance to get where you want to be. Most of those early problems have now been solved and the Roe SC is a perfect blend of performance and expense.

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am new to the club and have been following this thread as David Weaver is completing a car for me. I bought it with the Roe S/C on it so it was an easy choice to keep it and try it.

I am more than impressed with David and his tuning abilities. He tells me that the car will max out with a "safe tune" at 725 - 750 rwhp the way my car will be setup. That is with the water injection, 75lb injectors, 70 mm throttle bodies, 12 lb pully, B&B 1 3/4" primary / 3" collector headers, and most importantly, the new AEM tuning system. With the NOS system he is adding he is thinking it will push 900+ rwhp and I think 1100+ rwtq. The car should be dynoed in the next week or so.

I will have a VEC 2 and a set of almost new Belanger Headers for sale used if anyone is interested.

Enjoying the forum, hope some of this helps

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Macedo changed my PCM for a 96 PCM and did some excellent tunning of the Vec2, solved any light issues I had. I think I have number #50 of the first run of superchargers. I have almost 9000 miles on my supercharger with the stock cast piston creampuff motor, with lots of 10 second dragstrip passes, including a 10.39 at 136 mph on drag radials. This product works, 900 rwhp may be a stretch, but the guy that sells the units (Sean Roe) has told everyone that here on this post. 1Tony1, runs like he makes more than 1000 rwhp. For the money it is a great bolt on and power adder.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Macedo changed my PCM for a 96 PCM and did some excellent tunning of the Vec2, solved any light issues I had. I think I have number #50 of the first run of superchargers. I have almost 9000 miles on my supercharger with the stock cast piston creampuff motor, with lots of 10 second dragstrip passes, including a 10.39 at 136 mph on drag radials. This product works, 900 rwhp may be a stretch, but the guy that sells the units (Sean Roe) has told everyone that here on this post. 1Tony1, runs like he makes more than 1000 rwhp. For the money it is a great bolt on and power adder.

Good point John,
1tony1 has run a best of 9.55 on his Roe(which is incredible :2tu: ). On the other side, I think the fastest Paxton car is 2MANYTOYS at a 9.3x. This begs the question, how much is usable on the street? Unless you're driving on DR's on the street, I would say 600 RWHP is it. I still break the tires loose at 60 MPH :headbang: :headbang:

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other side, I think the fastest Paxton car is 2MANYTOYS at a 9.3x. This begs the question, how much is usable on the street? Unless you're driving on DR's on the street, I would say 600 RWHP is it.

I think Brian's best time was actually 9.27, and IMO you can definitely use a lot more than 600 rwhp on the street.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're running on DR's. Most drive on Pilots and that's what my "600 HP" was based on. On Kumho's or BF's DR, then yes 860 would be useable :2tu:

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is, I can't wait for my Roe charger to arrive. The one question, kinda off topic, relates to the O2 sensor comment Sean made. I have a relatively high mileage car (56K is high for a Viper) and to my knowledge the O2 sensors are original. When I installed my B&B cat-back, I re-installed the originals back into the car. Would it be in my best interest to install a new set before I install the S/C? I figure it can't cost that much and wouldn't hurt. Any opinions anyone? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
S

sparty116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I use juice what would be a good shot (150, 200, 250) and what could I expect to get with the s/c 540" @10# and good H/C work?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is, I can't wait for my Roe charger to arrive. The one question, kinda off topic, relates to the O2 sensor comment Sean made. I have a relatively high mileage car (56K is high for a Viper) and to my knowledge the O2 sensors are original. When I installed my B&B cat-back, I re-installed the originals back into the car. Would it be in my best interest to install a new set before I install the S/C? I figure it can't cost that much and wouldn't hurt. Any opinions anyone? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you should. I have been told by several people that the O2 sensors should be treated as a consumable item and switched out every 24K miles. When I did my Roe, I had a problem with the running badly, Larry Macedo found both of the in need of replacement. I had 33K miles on my car at the time.

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I am no O2 sensor expert, but they didn't exactly look cherry when I pulled them out. They were intact, but kind of corroded looking. Having said that, should the header sensors be changed as well (sorry, I don't know the exact nomenclature of the part)?

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for how much on the street, Gary Javo puts down 950+rwhp and a lot more tq with 20" Pirellis. It is all in how you control the power.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the other side, I think the fastest Paxton car is 2MANYTOYS at a 9.3x. This begs the question, how much is usable on the street? Unless you're driving on DR's on the street, I would say 600 RWHP is it.

I think Brian's best time was actually 9.27, and IMO you can definitely use a lot more than 600 rwhp on the street.

Thank you, I agree. :D

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Bri,
When are we going to line up? I want to see you drive that monster against my bolt on wonder :D :D

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GET EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean I just wanted to say straight up I don't give a F*ck what ANYONE says im a Roe customer for life after dealing with you (and Dave) theres no way I would want to go elsewhere and im sure all your LOYAL customers feel the same way.

KEEP DOIN WHAT YOUR DOIN SEAN

STUGOTS that makes us two bro :2tu:

S

SUN RA KAT

GET EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean I just wanted to say straight up I don't give a F*ck what ANYONE says im a Roe customer for life after dealing with you (and Dave) theres no way I would want to go elsewhere and im sure all your LOYAL customers feel the same way.

KEEP DOIN WHAT YOUR DOIN SEAN

STUGOTS that makes us two bro :2tu:

I makes it three! :2tu:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Bri,
When are we going to line up? I want to see you drive that monster against my bolt on wonder :D :D

Hey Mike,
Next race we're both at we'll line them up. Unless your gonna be in the area and want to do a roll on :D

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Bri,

I'll do it......................... I'll get stomped into the ground, but I'll do it :D :D

Hey Mike,
Next race we're both at we'll line them up. Unless your gonna be in the area and want to do a roll on :D

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Bri,

I'll do it......................... I'll get stomped into the ground, but I'll do it :D :D

Hey Mike,

I think the moral of the story is you can never have too much power at the track.....

But you can have too much power for the street...... a very powerful street car can only be really effective from a roll and might not be that effective if it had too much power too ....... but it you run from a dig..... that powerful street car WILL have launching issues.

If a less powerful car that did an effective launch in a 1/4 mile street race ...the powerful street car would never catch the car that hole shoted him..... that is fact not fiction.

The moral of the story too much power for the street is somewhat useless while at the track bring all the power you can get.

Cudaman :usa:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Bri,

Hey Mike,

I think the moral of the story is you can never have too much power at the track.....

But you can have too much power for the street...... a very powerful street car can only be really effective from a roll and might not be that effective if it had too much power too ....... but it you run from a dig..... that powerful street car WILL have launching issues.

If a less powerful car that did an effective launch in a 1/4 mile street race ...the powerful street car would never catch the car that hole shoted him..... that is fact not fiction.

The moral of the story too much power for the street is somewhat useless while at the track bring all the power you can get.

Cudaman :usa:

what would you consider too much for the street??

Just asking because im in the process of modding and since i never plan on going to the track, im wondering what I should do?

maybe it would be better to ask this way with everymod in my sig plus Roe blower ( @ 12 psi w/ water/****),heads/cam in your opinion would that be too much power for the street?

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any news on the 3.3L Whipple Blower?
I made a phone call, but haven't heard anything back yet.
They're several hours ahead, which makes it a little harder to touch base.
It usually takes a week or so to get any information on inventory or deliveries, so I expect this to be about the same or slower.

Regards,
Sean