Can We All Agree That ?

chikane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper GTS '96 '02 Was and still is the Greatest version of the Dodge Viper Ever Made ?

Personality I Believe So -_-

I Have nothing against the gen 4 viper -_- But lets face it those Vipers never won the 24Hours of Le Man Or the 24Hours of daytona or the FIA GT1 Class -_- Should i keep going -_-

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can win all the gold medals in the Special Olympics but at the end of the day you're still "special" :crazy2:
Like em all but a Gen 4 is what registers on my peter meter :headbang:

Last edited:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I whole heartily agree and so does everyone else in the world. Not only the best Viper, but the best thing since toilet paper... and sliced bread.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it comes down to an Enthusiats point of view versus that of an Owner. GEN IIs have the looks, GEN IVs have every thing else. I am sure if properly run at LeMans or any other racing series, the GEN IV ACR would not have embrassed us in the least bit. I mean they had to create a whole racing series for the ACRX as it just would not have been fair to everyone else.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper GTS '96 '02 Was and still is the Greatest version of the Dodge Viper Ever Made ?

Personality I Believe So -_-

I Have nothing against the gen 4 viper -_- But lets face it those Vipers never won the 24Hours of Le Man Or the 24Hours of daytona or the FIA GT1 Class -_- Should i keep going -_-

You must be registered for see images

Even though I now have a Gen 4 now, you are spot on. Especially fond of that lower pic !!!!!!!:headbang:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can win all the gold medals in the Special Olympics but at the end of the day you're still "special"
OH!! BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I guess that says it all. :)

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I originally felt the same way and had a tough time chosing between a GTS or a Gen III. In the end, the Gen III won out because I wanted a true convertible. I still ike the looks of the GTA better than my Gen III, but I have to say the Gen IV ACR looks the best to me now.

TI3VOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen II GTS in Blue with White gave me a reason to wake up and go to work in the morning while I was growing up....I ended up with a Gen III but the Gen II still makes me weak in the knees absolutely beautiful car....I would rather "Drive" my Gen III though.:2tu:

With all that said....Gen IV ACR FTW!!!:drive:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drive a GenIV ACR and there is no comparison! GenIV is a monster that happily straightens curves and continually tempts you to break the law! Having said that the Gts is beautiful iconic etc...... And I will always prefer that body.

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen III guy here and I love it.. but this quote from MotorTrend back in the day is why Viper means sooo much to me. That last sentence says it all!

Now get on your knees and bow in homage to the master of the standing mile. The 8.0-liter/450-horsepower Viper GTS delivers such a groundforce of quaking performance it should come equipped with its own seismometer, turning a meager 2000-rpm launch into 100 feet of 335/35ZR17 rubber stripes and sucking your cheeks back toward your ears in a nonstop pull to nearly 170 mph in just 30.6 seconds and one mile of distance. There is simply no other production car like the wholly brutal Viper GTS

Read more: The Master of the Standing Mile - Motor Trend Magazine

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No!!!:rolleyes: Stop with the stupid threads that argue about which Gen is the greatest. They are all great! You get the one that you like the best and/or can afford.:usa::usa::usa:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No!!!:rolleyes: Stop with the stupid threads that argue about which Gen is the greatest. They are all great! You get the one that you like the best and/or can afford.:usa::usa::usa:

Thats what I've always heard in any car, buy the newest one you can afford. I've never really understood that, cause to me the newest ones are not usually the best looking ones IMO. But I guess by buying the newest one it has more of the creature comforts, upgrades & kinks worked out from the older models. I guess I've always liked the older looking models (Vipers, Porsches) but also not too old to have some of the creature comforts with it. (like a good air-conditioner & reliability)

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Dave6666,

Thank-you for a hearty laugh!! Nicely done.

I do wish Dodge was super profitable and had so much money they were sending Vipers all over the world dominating the top levels of racing everywhere.....maybe I'll get my wish in a few years as they keep putting out high quality vehicles like the new Durango and Charger.

Regards,
Aaron

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LOVE every year viper and I want to end up with every gen, with that said I have a gen 2 and a gen 3, maybe its the true vert but I like the gen 3 better (slightly)

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen 1, 2 (RT/10 & GTS), and a Gen 3. The Gen 2 GTS was my least favorite. Also, I have the vary rare opinion that the blue/white GTS was overrated as a color combination. It's ok, but there are better ones. Just one stupid hick's opinion. :D

F

FrgMstr

You guys don't even have the right car maker....

BEST LINES EVER!!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te