Car Capsule for Storage?

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know it's too early to be thinking about this, but not that early. Anyone have an opinion on using one of those inflatable car capsules for winter storage. I am in Ohio and have an unheated garage. I run a dehumidifier when the temp is above 45 degrees. In the past I have not parked a car in the other side because of the moisture/snow that a car would bring with it. I was thinking about getting one of those capsules and making use of the empty side this winter. Any input would be appreciated. Also, can salt get in the air and be sucked into the capsule? Thanks..KW

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I had my heated garage I used 2 of these car capsules. One for my car and one for my sons car. Never had the first problem with them and they worked really well. The fan continually blows and keeps air circulating while kepping the car protected and dry. make sure you put a car cover over your car before entering the bubble so you don't have to worry about the plastic lying on the car till it's inflated. I too live in Ohio (30 mi s. of Columbus) If you are interested I can show you this thing and possibly sell it to you cheap since I'm not using it anymore.

A1998

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never understood how circulating air keeps it dry, especially if you pull in humid air. Maybe the movement? Anyways, I went with the car storage bag from a place up here in Michigan. They advertised in Hemmings. I worked a club discount for $200. It's basically a really tough ziplock bag and it comes with these bags you put inside when you store it that **** out any moisture. Viper looked new when it came out.

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As stated earlier cover the car before pulling the plastic bubble over it. The plastic will collect dust and can scratch the paint. I found out the hard way. the bubble works great to protect against moisture and accidental bumping.

Patrick Mathias.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187