Carlisle Registration

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a FYI for those planning on Carlisle Chrysler Nationals in 2011

From December 17th through December 31st at midnight EST save an additional $5 per car registered off of the already discounted pre-registration prices. You can also pick up a 2011 Season Pass at the discounted price of $59.95, a $20 savings off of the already money-saving price of $79.95. This is a limited one-time offer

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Victor for passing that on, sounds like a deal to me:headbang:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I find their website confusing with all the different options/packages. What do you guys usually purchase? Right now I'm looking at the "2011 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals Showfield" for $40. Is that what I want? I don't anticipate getting to the other shows, so I don't need the season pass.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, yes that is the correct one, when you add it to your shopping cart, the $5 discount is taken off. Also, remember to select the proper class, the Vipers are Class 179 - 181 depending on the year etc.
And last but not least, remember to select the "VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA" from the drop down list :2tu:

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I`m thinking of attending, but don't know what to expect. I've only attended the local Fri nights car show as a spectator. I haven't done any mods to the car, so would I just go as a spectator or could I show it? If I show, can I do one or two days? Any insight would be mucho appreciated !!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By registering for the showfield, you get entrance for all three days, and you can come and go as you please, 90% of the Vipers on the field are stock or close to stock, it is more about the gathering of Viper fanatics than a car show, but there are so many other great cars on the field, you will not be bored, Mopar Boy came down from Canada last year and he had a great time. If you want any more details, feel free to call me

Carmen
717-213-0399

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info PaViper !! I will probably leave Fri afternoon. Will there be a hotel booked for out of towners?

John

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will post additional hotel info after the first of the year, we usually can accomodate anybody that wants to book a room close by

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carlisle Hotel information

All,
We have two hotels set up this year. We are still using the Ramada, but since it fills up so fast, we have added a second hotel (a little further away, but it doesn't have any other car clubs in that weekend).

We are using the Country Inn on Gettysburg Rd in Mechanicsburg. Reservations are at 717-796-0300. Although their web page *looks* like you can search for our group rate, it doesn't really work.

West Harrisburg Hotels: Mechanicsburg, PA Hotel: Country Inn Harrisburg Hotel

We have a year-round rate set up of $99 for a standard room or $129 for a 1 bedroom suite with the "Viper Club" rate. Note that this is a YEAR ROUND rate, set up for anyone who makes more than 1 appearance at Carlisle a year!

All rooms include a small refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast is served daily. There is also a hotel "happy hour" on Thursday from 5:30 to 7:00 PM for anyone who comes into town early.

If you have any questions or problems with the Country Inn, please call me at 610-506-6470.

Diane

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ramada Limited in Mechanicsburg

350 Bentcreek Blvd, Rt 114 & Bentcreek Blvd, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 (717) 790-1520
Please call in the evening Mon thru Fri and ask for Emily for the best chance at getting your information correct, she is normally the one that the club deals with.

If you experience any problems with getting a room, please give Diane or myself a call.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Since Thursday is vendor setup day, are we arriving on Friday, or is there a club function Thursday night? Should we plan to arrive at the field early on Friday or later (after work)?

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cars start arriving on the field on Friday morning - and if you want to buy anything with a logo, come early with cash in hand. There is no hotel-based event on Thursday.

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Booked my room. Registered the Viper and the SRT-4 for the show field. Can't wait meet everyone.:)

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing you, pre-register now, the more cars registered, the less we have to put out for the larger tents, plus it secures our location on the showfield:2tu:

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The Ramada only has 1 room left and it is a smoking room. They have a sister hotel, which is 3 miles away and is fairly new. It is the Microtel in Enola. Emily from the Ramada directed me there. They also seem to have a shortage of rooms, but at least I'm booked. Anyone arriving on Thursday night?

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do have a second hotel set up with a block of rooms reserved for the Viper Club.

We are using the Country Inn on Gettysburg Rd in Mechanicsburg. Reservations are at 717-796-0300. Although their web page *looks* like you can search for our group rate, it doesn't really work.

West Harrisburg Hotels: Mechanicsburg, PA Hotel: Country Inn Harrisburg Hotel

We have a year-round rate set up of $99 for a standard room or $129 for a 1 bedroom suite with the "Viper Club" rate. Note that this is a YEAR ROUND rate, set up for anyone who makes more than 1 appearance at Carlisle a year!

All rooms include a small refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast is served daily. There is also a hotel "happy hour" on Thursday from 5:30 to 7:00 PM for anyone who comes into town early.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Emily said that hotel is on the other side of town. She mentioned that the Microtel is pretty new and that you (well, actually she said Carmen) might not know it is there. She also mentioned a back-way into the fairgrounds that would be convenient from either the Ramada or Microtel, but not the Country Inn. Is anyone staying at the Country Inn? If everyone else got in the Ramada, then it doesn't matter so much where I stay. However, if there are others at the Country Inn, I would probably go over there.

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're at the Country Inn because of the suites - it works better since our kids are too young for the babysitter to leave alone, but with a suite she can close a door and read a book, instead of sitting with the lights off until we get back to the room. Yes, it is on the other side of town, which is why no other car clubs use it - and why we can get rooms once the closer hotels start to fill up. I know Terry from OH comes i every year and stays at a different hotel, but don't know which one.

Diane

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may have a couple of rooms available at the Ramada......let me know quickly.

I am back from my extended trip to California and then Pittsburgh, I need to get back on track, I have finally waded thru the 400 emails I had backed up

OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in adding some adrenaline pounding excitement to this event ...

On Friday July 8th, the Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way is having Chrysler races with 4 different classes Super Pro, Pro, Street, and Trophy. They say that street cars usually run Street ($40) or Trophy ($30). If we can get enough interest, they said they will create a separate Viper class ... that would be cool.

Gates open at 1pm and time trials start at 3pm

Let me know if you are interested

Victor

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're at the Country Inn because of the suites - it works better since our kids are too young for the babysitter to leave alone, but with a suite she can close a door and read a book, instead of sitting with the lights off until we get back to the room. Yes, it is on the other side of town, which is why no other car clubs use it - and why we can get rooms once the closer hotels start to fill up. I know Terry from OH comes i every year and stays at a different hotel, but don't know which one.

Diane
Nice to know I won't be the only one with kids in-tow. My boys are 8 & 4. How old are your children .?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21