carlisle show

Scarlet O.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is anyone from the harrisburg area meeting? Or do i have to be forced to meet up with the guys from deleware ( I can't keep up with these guys...too crazy for me!) :)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If i dont have to work i'll meet up with you. just east of carlisle....

OP
OP
S

Scarlet O.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually live a little over an hour north east of harrisburg. Lets meet somewhere for breakfast first? Any suggestions? What day do you all plan on going to this event? I have never been there and grew up about 6 miles away!
There is a pretty good diner in lemoyne.
Scarlet

OP
OP
S

Scarlet O.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
where are you guys going to have breakfast? On 83 somewhere? Maybe we can all meet up with you crazy drivers from Delaware if you promise to keep it under 120! Just a thought.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What time should I arrive at the fairgrounds Saturday and will I be directed where to park? I am preregistered with the VCA. I am thinking about heading out Friday evening and staying the night (3 hour drive for me).

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
We have met up at McDonalds in York for a quick bite, but a diner would work.

If haven't gotten a hotel room by now you're probably not going to get one. The decent ones sell out months in advance.

Also, there is a single lane road leading into the fairgrounds that holds all of the thousands of cars attneding PLUS the daily traffic of Carlisle - if you are not arriving at the butt-crack of dawn you'll be sitting in traffic for hours to crawl the last few miles in.

Heed my advice - pay to get on the field (you'll pay more for parking off-field) - get there before the sunlight gets warm, and bring lots and lots of spending cash.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm already preregistered for the "fun field". At least that is what they call it at the All Truck Nationals at Carlisle (been there 5 or 6 times).
Luckily I already have a hotel for Friday and Saturday (Holiday Inn) if needed. Just wondering if I should head over to the show field around 8am or sooner on Saturday??

OP
OP
S

Scarlet O.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do you register for this? I didn't know we had to. I want to get there about 8:00 am on Saturday morning. That was the advice I got from the president of the md/va region. Scarlet

OP
OP
S

Scarlet O.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brian, what day are you coming in? There is a restaurant on rt 15 in dillsburg which is just about 1/4 mile from rt 74 which takes you right into carlisle. Maybe that would be an option and then the md/va group could meet there also because of coming up 15n. Just an idea. The restaurants name is Bakers.
Scarlet

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you can register at the event Saturday morning as well. Atleast that is how other events there are held.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The pre-register discount is past now so you can either pay ahead online at their website or pay at the gate. Either way you still have to sign and get the paperwork before they let you drive onto the field.

I've checked with most of my group and it doesn't seem like many are going from around here. The few who are will likely meet up with the DC group so it would be their call on whether to stop.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Va-Md group will meet at 6:15 am Saturday at the Park-n-Ride at the Urbana-Buckeystown exit off I-270, south of Frederick. We'll proceed north on I-270 to Frederick, then west on I-70 past Hagerstown, and then north on I-81 to Carlisle. This route, although slightly longer than US-15 north through Gettysburg, is just as fast, since we're running Interstates the whole way. We could also swing by the rest area on I-70 just before Hagerstown to pick up anyone wanting to join us there. Obviously, this route is not very direct for people who live in Baltimore and points north; I-83 is a better choice for them.

Arriving in Carlisle after 8:00-8:15 am will mean you get to creep through town to the Fairgrounds. Best route to the Fairgrounds is not through town, but rather to come into town from the north on PA-34. I know a couple of routes around town on back roads which should help you avoid most of the traffic. I'll publish the directions here the week before the show.

Va-Md members wishing to join our convoy should contact me.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This route, although slightly longer than US-15 north through Gettysburg, is just as fast, since we're running Interstates the whole way. We could also swing by the rest area on I-70 just before Hagerstown to pick up anyone wanting to join us there. Obviously, this route is not very direct for people who live in Baltimore and points north;

:mad: I only live 3 mins from gettysburg looks likei will be coming solo.Anyone coming from westminster eldersburg area???

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are all coming from Harrisburg.
(Ed, Angela, Dan, Lauri, Kerry, Carmen, Mark?)
4-5 Vipers.
Give me a call. (570) 604-1974

Jamie, why wount you join us? Solo is no fun, last time we had lots of fun!!

Arly, forget about the categories, you have a Corvette... :p :D :D :p :D

It's your lucky day, we take Vettes too!! Want to join us on Saturday morning in Harrisburg. Speed is the same as always (+100) :D

Lauri

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri:
I will give you a call to see where and what time to meet up with you guys. :2tu:

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri,
I'll probably be coming down with my son & his SRT-4 & his crew. Still nothing on my viper yet!!! Since December!!! Blown turbo. I think I could have mined the metal, poured & fabricated my own turbo for how long these people are taking!
By the way, he's looking for some viper-chum. He dyno'd his car & very impressive # for a 4 cylinder, on pump gas in 97 degrees at A/F 11:1 was 425 HP to the tires.
Well maybe see ya's there!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri,
I'll probably be coming down with my son & his SRT-4 & his crew. Still nothing on my viper yet!!! Since December!!! Blown turbo. I think I could have mined the metal, poured & fabricated my own turbo for how long these people are taking!
By the way, he's looking for some viper-chum. He dyno'd his car & very impressive # for a 4 cylinder, on pump gas in 97 degrees at A/F 11:1 was 425 HP to the tires.
Well maybe see ya's there!

He should be able to score some Gen I Viper-chum. Very strong numbers for an SRT-4 though.

I am assuming the "Venom" accurately describes where your cars has been since December. Hope you get it back soon.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, I just registered online. They are still accepting online registration and will until at least Tuesday July 5th. I called them to verify.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The traffic-avoiding directions for the Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals are posted here. Those of you coming from NJ and points east and north should follow the directions from the PA Turnpike exit or I-81.

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

This route, although slightly longer than US-15 north through Gettysburg, is just as fast, since we're running Interstates the whole way. We could also swing by the rest area on I-70 just before Hagerstown to pick up anyone wanting to join us there. Obviously, this route is not very direct for people who live in Baltimore and points north;

:mad: I only live 3 mins from gettysburg looks likei will be coming solo.Anyone coming from westminster eldersburg area???

I'll be coming from Westminster.
Going via 15.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're looking forward to seeing you all in Carlisle on Friday and/or Saturday. Ron Hickey has posted great directions to avoid the traffic jams, see his post above. I encourage you to follow his lead! Drive carefully!

PS - When registering, be sure to put "VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA" on your registration form.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
am going to try to go if I can find a hotel for Fri night, driving from Parkersburg, WV

my first viper event:)

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
am going to try to go if I can find a hotel for Fri night, driving from Parkersburg, WV

my first viper event:)

Try York, 40 minutes south of Carlisle, right on I-83. You should be able to get a good place there.

See you at Carlisle!

Lauri

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude