Cartek battery isolator Install GTS 2000

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody on the forum has any experience of the Cartek Battery isolator ( Kill Swtch ) from UK? if so I'm interested how you hooked it up ?
I'm planning to install one in the next coming weeks. ( It's a demand from our race governing body here ) It's also FIA approved.

http://www.cartek.biz/

I have a GTS 2000 which is mostly used on the track.

Appreciate any reply or opinion

Thank you

OP
OP
R

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
102 views but not a single reply / comment..
OK ! let me refrase my question. any body have a kill switch installed on their Viper? it's mandatory if you
race your Viper and smart to have if you track it on a regular basis.
If you have an accident or your car ignites for what ever reason it's always a good idea to shut down
the engine ( fuel pumps etc )and isolate the electrical system completely. all at once that is!
That said, there is one 'hick up' with a stock GTS, it has electrical operated doors.
So either you need to maintain the power to the doors even after the kill switch is activated somehow or you don't and it could turn in to a struggle getting ( you ) out ...depending if you (some one)can reach the
emergency mechanical door opener or not? for the marshalls it will mean breaking the window / door and
by that get you out..

The cartek batterry isolater is an all electrical device ( solid state relay and micro chip etc...) and needs to
be wired to the ignition switch circuit as well as the battery..
I have a pretty good idea which wire to splice into but thought perhaps some one on the forum has
experience or some advice they could share?

Regardless I'm supposed to recieve the unit from UK this week so once I've installed it
I'll share my experience and findings if anybody is interested?

Brgds

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, Tested and tried ...it worked like a charm. I must say the Cartek Battery Isolator unit comes highly recommended from me at least. Easy to install as it only requires a few wires instead of a mechanical installation of hard wire etc.
Excellent service from the company as well.

Unfortunately I can't post any pictures on this site as it doesn't accept pictures due to some sort of size issue...even after I've resized them next to nothing...???

But here you can find some...

http://rejsa.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=84520&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=42

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte